Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
To be honest, the fine seems the most wack.

If McDavid wasn't trying to cowardly flee from the intimidating Carson Soucy none of this would have happened. He shouldn't have braced himself off of Soucy's stick in an attempt to escape.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
1 k replies in this thread…

What happened?
1000025189.gif

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
it was offsetting because Foegele was stupid and didn't listen to his teammates.

Hyman skated right up to him and crosschecked him in the face. Edmonton's not intimidated in the slightest.

Edmonton's powerplay went 50% and you're pleased with that? You shouldn't be.
Could have fooled me. This is the softest Oilers team I’ve seen. They look scared of Zadarov.
The 50-30 hits advantage for the Canucks in your own barn is embarrassing.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
It's hilarious that when McDavid gets crosschecked in the face its "f*** around and find out" and "don't stay in the kitchen if you can't handle the heat" but when Zadorov gets crosschecked in the face after a fracas that he was a MASSIVE part of its "wahhh wahhhh wahhhhhhhhh where's the discipline where's the suspension protect Zaddy he needed stitches"

[MOD]
Well you see, consistency is all anyone wants.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
It's good to know that the Canucks can now freely take two handed baseball swings to McDavid's ankles without consequence. Right? Since this seems to be ok? Look forward to Zadorov doing that to McDavid next game since it's apparently legal. Gutless league.

View attachment 870172

This is beyond embarrassing for the league if Hyman doesn’t get a suspension for his pre orchestrated cross check.

But doesn’t matter what the league does, or how dirty the Oilers play, they’re not winning this series lol

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Could have fooled me. This is the softest Oilers team I’ve seen. They look scared of Zadarov.

You cannot hit a player without the puck. The Canucks did not have the puck for the last half of the game. The only game this series where the shots were close the hits were 33-36. It's really that simple.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015

It's kinda crazy that there was a lot of chirping about the Canucks lack of physicality going into this series. They are at least holding their own if not carrying that aspect of play, IMO.

Again, prayers for McDavid. I wish him nothing but a speedy recovery from that near-death experience. Hopefully he'll be healthy for next season.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
The Oilers fanbase thought this series would be a cakewalk lol Canucks serving them some humble pie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nopefully

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Two handing? a light slash to the shinpads after Soucy cross checks McDavid first. McDavid then retaliates with a light slash to the shinpads and then afterwards gets cross checked in the face. Wouldn't have been to the face if Zadarov doesn't cheap shot McDavid from behind though.
Another person calling it his shin.. our education system has failed us.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Oilers would probably have the worst record in the NHL without McDavid & Draisaitl, trash team, the Predators were a far superior team.

Imagine a team without their two best players being worse than they are. Amazing analysis. Imaging Vancouver without Demko and Hughes, I bet they would also be significantly worse.

goodgrimes

Apr 15, 2012
I'm not bothered by this being a one-game suspension. I understand that Oilers fans will revel in this decision, which is understandable. Any honest Canucks fan would tell you they'd feel the same way if something similar happened to Hughes or Pettersson. However, I can't handle the NHL's lack of consistency in officiating or disciplining players. Canucks fans are frustrated today, but Oilers fans might be frustrated tomorrow. If we put aside the teams we cheer for, I'm sure most of us can agree that the NHL doesn't know what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad