Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Yeah Vancouver would be totally screwed without Demko in net

You think they'd make the playoffs in a full season without him in net? They were 15-9-7 without him this year.

My point remains though, I don't think Vancouver is a playoff team if you remove their Vezina finalist and their Norris finalist. The same one a Nucks fan is arguing Edmonton is bad without their top 2 players. With the exception of maybe a team like Seattle last year that was just really deep with no stars, it's going to make a massive impact on every team in the league. It's a dumb argument.

Reactions: PuckG

Skallagrim

Sep 22, 2011
Bay area
You think they'd make the playoffs in a full season without him in net? They were 15-9-7 without him this year.
That's 98-point pace, certainly not worthy of a division crown, but I bet most Canucks fans would be happy knowing they get a wildcard spots with a backup goalie + rookie for the whole season.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
You really thought you had the dunk without doing the math

40-23-19 is good for 99 points which literally beats Vegas for a playoff spot lmfao

Sure, and then remove Hughes from the equation as well, which is what the original argument was (2 best players). That's not a playoff team. There's no attempt at a dunk.

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
Sure, and then remove Hughes from the equation as well, which is what the original argument was (2 best players). That's not a playoff team.
I mean Canucks without Demko and Hughes likely beat Oilers without McDavid and Drai and I don't even know if that's close at all. Those two are so important for the Oilers (as evidenced by their almost 30 minutes of ice time the last few games). We'd still have Miller & Boeser in addition to the weird synergy Garland, Joshua and Lindholm have going on too.

Reactions: bh53 and thekernel

rea

Feb 8, 2011
You really thought you had the dunk without doing the math

40-23-19 is good for 99 points which literally beats Vegas for a playoff spot lmfao
1000025190.gif

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
This scrum and whatever the process the league went through to arrive at a decision should be the basis to a long list of people getting fired. How can you in anyway sit there and watch the Soucy situation and then the Hyman situation in THE SAME SCRUM and arrive at this point.

How can you watch that Hyman situation and hold your food down while suspending Soucy?

Violation. Get rid of it. Start over. Set a damn standard. Write a manifesto.

NoVaCapsFan

Apr 19, 2017
Now that we are at 1000 posts on a DOPS thread, here is your obligatory, “Wilson would have gotten 25 games” post. (But only 10 games if he’d been on the receiving end.)

Reactions: mdobbs

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Listen guys, I bet Hyman got a stern talking to, and he was made to promise to never do it again, probably had to write it on a chalkboard 1000 times. That's pretty bad punishment if you ask me.
1000025191.gif

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hey, folks? This thread is about what happened between Soucy and McDavid. There's another thread for discussing the series in general. Please keep that in mind when posting here. Thanks.

Reactions: Aqualung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad