Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
I’m just glad it wasn’t Zadarov suspended. The guy has been a physical force and a huge contributor at both ends of the ice. Canucks can withstand losing Soucy for one game.
Hopefully take advantage of Oilers D and goaltending again to take s 3-1 series lead and get a well rested Soucy and maybe Demko back for game 5.
Going to be another close game though I expect.

If the Canucks win game 4 - there is zero chance they're putting a cold Demko in for Silovs. The kid has earned it, give Demko more time to heal.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Basically this. You have to wonder if it was anybody other than McD if anything would have happened at all.
Ya, McDavid's cowardice, trying to use Soucy's stick to push off of and make fast his escape really set into a motion a shitshow.

Shameful, really.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Zadorov, Soucy, McDavid and Hyman should’ve all been given 5k fines
That would make too much sense. I guess it’s ok for Ike Turner to try and boot a guy with his skate after he gets flattened with a clean hit. It’s ok for Derek Ryan to spear a guy in the balls. It’s ok for Connor H Macy to try and take out the opposing captain’s eye with his stick. It’s ok k for Ike Turner to slewfoot players with full immunity. It’s quite a league. It makes the CFL officiating look competent. I’m curious if Angel Hernandez can skate. He’d fit right in.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
We shall see if this standard is followed the rest of the playoffs. Obviously concussing another team's captain with a sucker punch in-game is allowed, so we know that much. The inconsistency of DoPS never ceases to amaze me.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
We shall see if this standard is followed the rest of the playoffs. Obviously concussing another team's captain with a sucker punch in-game is allowed, so we know that much. The inconsistency of DoPS never ceases to amaze me.

Maybe the suspension is for not giving McDavid a concussion?

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
How did McDavid "start it" again?

None of you seem to answer for this but unless there's another video before the incident that I hadn't seen yet, it looked to me like Soucy pushed McDavid first then everything else happened.
How about swinging his stick at the guy? That’s a major escalation over a shove.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Can we all just stop for a second and agree that the DoPS is absolute trash and completely useless for this league and are about as bipolar and consistent as the reffing seems to be on a game to game basis?

Agreed, no consistency. Based on the explanation provided by them, Hyman should have received a suspension too.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
After seeing Hyman's crosscheck, one has to wonder just how stupid the DoPS is.
Do we have some other angles of it other than that top one. I'm an Oiler fan but I'm willing to hear the argument. Based on what I saw of it, it was a glancing blow and not nearly as bad as the Zadorov-Soucy double team job on McDavid. Not even close to the same.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It wasn't even followed in the same game. There is no reason why Hyman should escape the same punishment Soucy received. Given that the former had clear retaliatory intent (and thus was more flagrant).

The only difference here is Soucy is more of a "nobody" who hit the best player in hockey in the game. The DOPS can easily suspend him without facing too many accusations that they're tilting the series unfairly. Different story when you're looking at a suspension to a guy like Hyman who has about the best chance to chip in scoring secondary to McDavid and Draisaitl. Never mind that his crosscheck actually did damage to Zadorov's face.

Another Empty Netter

Jan 14, 2011
That would make too much sense. I guess it’s ok for Ike Turner to try and boot a guy with his skate after he gets flattened with a clean hit. It’s ok for Derek Ryan to spear a guy in the balls. It’s ok for Connor H Macy to try and take out the opposing captain’s eye with his stick. It’s ok k for Ike Turner to slewfoot players with full immunity. It’s quite a league. It makes the CFL officiating look competent. I’m curious if Angel Hernandez can skate. He’d fit right in.
comparing one of the players to Ike Turner seems quite a ways off topic

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
Do we have some other angles of it other than that top one. I'm an Oiler fan but I'm willing to hear the argument. Based on what I saw of it, it was a glancing blow and not nearly as bad as the Zadorov-Soucy double team job on McDavid. Not even close to the same.
Hyman went straight for the head on a much taller player, showing clear intent (and caused damage while doing so, no less). Soucy went for the chest and caught McDavid in the chin because his head was suddenly much lower than expected. I know I'm biased as a Vancouver fan, but how does that not make Hyman's much worse?

Reactions: stampedingviking

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010

Zadorov required stitches for the crosscheck, how is that better?

Reactions: stampedingviking
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad