Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Zaddy is probably the one who should have been suspended here. I think Soucy was doing his thing and him and McDavid were going back and forth a bit... Then Zaddy blindsides him from behind and he goes face first into a cross check. Don't think Soucy was trying to catch him in the face at all.

This whole series has been a mis-managed fustercluck. Also shame on fans wishing injuries on others. Get a grip.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
If McDavid wants to take cheap slashes after the game he should expect to be roughed up.
His constant whining to the refs is embarrassing. Just play hockey like the other stars.
I really dont get ehy McDavid needs to constantly whine and slash??? If you are a superstar player then play the game. If you act like a goon then expect to get hit back. Soucy and Zads arent the Sedins, they will hit you back harder if you hit them. So McDavid started it yet Canucks players get the fine even though Hyman crosscheck to face of Zadorov was way worst. NHL is a completely 3rd rate league when it comes to these things.

Zaddy is probably the one who should have been suspended here. I think Soucy was doing his thing and him and McDavid were going back and forth a bit... Then Zaddy blindsides him from behind and he goes face first into a cross check. Don't think Soucy was trying to catch him in the face at all.

This whole series has been a mis-managed fustercluck. Also shame on fans wishing injuries on others. Get a grip.
Zadorov crosscheck in the back happens a million times. In that case half the Oilers roster should be suspended for crosschecking Petersson. But since his name isnt McDavid then the league doesnt care. Such a double standard from a mickey mouse league.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Yea like the plays are literally 5 seconds apart lol and the same infraction. How completely clueless can you be.
Typical of NHL to put a goon in charge of players safety. Thats like the courts hiring murderers and criminals to be the judge. Can it get anymore pathetic than that. Canucks fans know the fix is in and NHL wants Oilers to win. I bet Oilers will get 10 PPs next game just because

If they're going to suspend for that, then you might as well make it count next time and actually earn the suspension.
Or next time Petersson gets crosschecked, he lies down in pain like soccer players do just to get the Oilers plays suspended or given match penalty.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I’d be careful if I was the oilers after this outcome. Big Z is going to be out there pissed off and I wouldn’t doubt if he absolutely destroys someone tomorrow legally. I’m calling it now that Hyman gets absolutely trucked tomorrow and he chips away at Draisitle.
Hyman is scum when it comes to dirty hits. He is same as Marchand, does sneaky dirty hits and runs away.

Nucks got lucky with this that Soucy got suspended instead of Zadorov.

If Zadorov is out of the lineup the Nucks would be softer than melted butter
Cant wait for Juulsen to hit mcbaby. He hits way harder, reminds me of Torres when he hits. Pair juulsen with Myers, Zadorov and Cole and make them specifically hit McDavid. One way or another Canucks will make sure Oilers get the message.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
McDavid is a new member of the SAG. What a performance!

Zadorov was making a hockey play and McDavid took the opportunity to throw himself forward to seemingly gain advantage . Soucy puts up his hands in celebration since the game was over and McDavid clearly headbutts his stick.

McDavids the one at fault here and should do the honourable thing and replace the stick his face broke.

• Haha
Reactions: bucks_oil

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Literally not a peep here about Hyman's target high stick to the face of Zadorov after?

Sounds about right.
Yeah, probably because this thread is about the cross-check to McDavid.

You could, of course, create a thread about Hyman's high stick where that could be discussed. Have you ever considered that?

• Wow
Reactions: stampedingviking

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Yeah, probably because this thread is about the cross-check to McDavid.

You could, of course, create a thread about Hyman's high stick where that could be discussed. Have you ever considered that?

My mistake, I thought respectable posters such as yourself might be able to consider related events in the same thread.

I shan't make that mistake again. Continue on with viewing things in isolation.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Zadorov better get suspended too, what a puke play after the final buzzer hitting from behind.. Soucy I don't blame as much don't think he meant to hit the face

It was a nothing slash so means nothing
It should be Zad's suspension, Soucy could not have known that McD was going to fall face first into his crosscheck.... but it doesn't cost the player money in the playoffs and Soucy/Zadorov is a wash so this is fine.

Reactions: LTIR

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
There are some important differences between this violence and others.

Maybe it's not a big factor but maybe the fact that it is against a top player is a big deal.

What I know for sure is that the clip of what happened to McDavid is so much more dramatic than Hughes getting clipped or Pettersson getting boarded. It transcends the sport. Zadorov and Soucy's double team is next level

I'd also say that even if he didn't mean it, Soucy almost put a greivous injury on McDavid. McDavid is fine but do that same play 10 times and a few of those, the player might never be the same with the potential for vertebrae damage and concussion.

All these together make it unique

• Haha

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
It should be Zad's suspension, Soucy could not have known that McD was going to fall face first into his crosscheck.... but it doesn't cost the player money in the playoffs and Soucy/Zadorov is a wash so this is fine.

That's all true.

Then again, if you aren't cross checking people illegally in the first place this doesn't happen.

Reactions: bucks_oil

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
There are some important differences between this violence and others.

Maybe it's not a big factor but maybe the fact that it is against a top player is a big deal.

What I know for sure is that the clip of what happened to McDavid is so much more dramatic than Hughes getting clipped or Pettersson getting boarded. It transcends the sport. Zadorov and Soucy's double team is next level

I'd also say that even if he didn't mean it, Soucy almost put a greivous injury on McDavid. McDavid is fine but do that same play 10 times and a few of those, the player might never be the same with the potential for vertebrae damage and concussion.

All these together make it unique
Biggest factor was it happened to a generational player and got national press.
If that’s one of the Oiler scrubs like Kane or Perry at the end of the game there’s a fine at best.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Biggest factor was it happened to a generational player and got national press.
If that’s one of the Oiler scrubs like Kane or Perry at the end of the game there’s a fine at best.
I said that part. You're denying those other factors?

And btw star players are protected. If it were Hughes getting double teamed with cross checks in a violent clip like that the outcome would have been the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad