Post-Game Talk: Cats bounce back and kick da broonz out of florida with a 6-1 smackdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
It didn't change the style of play that much since they played (more or less) like this even when Q was the coach. It did however allow the Panthers to trade a marquee player who wasn't committed to winning for a player who was.

Q was a lot different in my opinion. More go go high tempo rush and puck possession. We're now more about puck pursuit and retrieval, win 50/50 battles and more D pinching to keep plays alive. Defense is also more aggressive man to man vs. passive zone. I think a lot has changed with Tkachuk and Maurice IMO.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Q was a lot different in my opinion. More go go high tempo rush and puck possession. We're now more about puck pursuit and retrieval, win 50/50 battles and more D pinching to keep plays alive. Defense is also more aggressive man to man vs. passive zone. I think a lot has changed with Tkachuk and Maurice IMO.

ofc when Zito gradually gets rid off players (e.g. Hubs and Duke) who detested idea backchecking and defending he changed the fabric of the team from a rush team to a more defensively minded team. But the Panthers did have enough sandpaper and 2way players to make them a difficult team to play against prior to the arrival of Chuck.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
It didn't change the style of play that much since they played (more or less) like this even when Q was the coach. It did however allow the Panthers to trade a marquee player who wasn't committed to winning for a player who was.
It changed the commitment to that style of play by our top guys.

We had a bottom 6 but still could not muster this in previous postseasons, Chucky changed the narrative.

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
No better way to celebrate 41K than to post

New Chezky just dropped

1715287805881.png

Also nutty how everyone is villainizing the Panthers for what happened last night. Jimmy Murphy on twitter is calling for someone to hurt Tkachuk "without advocating violence."

This guy gets it. The 3rd happened because of sore loser energy from Boston

Last edited:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
This guy gets it. The 3rd happened because of sore loser energy from Boston

Like I said during the game that it seems that the Broons know that they don't have anything to compete with our team. Once Sway and Ullmark started letting in goals, it was over for them since goat lending was the only area where they might've had an advantage. imo the remaining three games are just a formality unless the Panthers themselves allow this series to go any further.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Forgot that at first… Then watched the highlights and remembered it ! :naughty:

The two shots in the back of the head were a reminder for Rodrigues right in front of the ref and the camera !
If you go back a little further in the clip, you’ll see Erod slyly giving him a face full of stick. Idk if it was intentional (but it was LoL)

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Weirdest thing after that game is the Boston fans playing the victim. The Bruins started all the chippy stuff after the game got out of hand. Elbows to the back of Rodriquez’s head, Etu gets jumped by Frederick with his gloves off and he gets a game misconduct. Marchand gets in Montour’s face after the shorty and somehow Rhino gets booted but Pasta doesn’t after that scrum. Panthers are definitely not saints but for Bruin’s fans to act like the victims and at the same time saying the Bruins showed them is not a good look.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Montgomery b1tchin' because Katchuck took an extra punch, he does not want his girls be rough up by the other team, I think we got his attention.

That didn't age well. The weather report is more accurate than this guy.
That is how the Media works, before the game, they decide collectible to rub one off while saying Swayman's name.
I personally dislike very much that type of Bro'casting.

Reactions: harv33173

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I hope people noticed KO's hits that caused turnovers on the first 2 goals.
He is playing some really good hockey right now.
He had a really good game. I want Lomberg back in the lineup, especially since the current 4th was making me really nervous (particularly defensively) in games 4 and 5. They did have a great game 3 in Tampa. But man I really thought he was noticeable last night, the line looked solid overall but his feet were moving well, hustling like hell, finishing his checks, taking hits when he needed to absorb some, working along the boards well, he definitely stood out which was great to see. As long as they keep the top 3 lines to the way they should’ve kept them then I don’t mind them keeping that 4th together. If we do go deeper in this postseason injuries are bound to happen. Lomberg will get his way back in at some point if we’re fortunate to ride the playoff wave for a bit longer

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
Montgomery clearly had a plan to counter Panthers, and it worked for 4 periods until it stopped. At the second half of the game Bruins were looking completely outmatched, they had absolutely 0 (zero) chances for comeback, and had no answers for Cats. It looked so dreadful that I suspect if Montgomery couldn't create a new plan or one of their goalies enters Hasek mode again this will be a short series.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

We didnt have that element, on the ice that Chucky brings. It was a persona of this team completely missing. The move was a culture shock to the organization from top to bottom.

And I think the style is much different now. Much more efficient now, and sustainable for the long haul. That is of course because we also have a different coach, and run a different system.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
We didnt have that element, on the ice that Chucky brings. It was a persona of this team completely missing. The move was a culture shock to the organization from top to bottom.

And I think the style is much different now. Much more efficient now, and sustainable for the long haul. That is of course because we also have a different coach, and run a different system.

Getting Hornqvist, Bennett, Lomberg, Marchment, Montour and Gudas on board comprised the only shock to the system thus far even though MT going after everyone in almost every game during his first season was pretty unorthodox compared to previous seasons. The change of culture already happened two years prior when the aforementioned group was introduced to combat the country club established by Yandle, Huby, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad