• Michkov

Votes: 69 42.1%

• Total voters

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
I went with Celebrini, just because his learning curve won’t be as high as Michkov who will have to deal with a whole list of changes, from food to language to the size of the ice surface even though most KHL rinks have the same size surfaces as the NHL rinks, I’m not sure what Michkov’s home rink size is. I think Michkov is offensively talented enough to put up decent rookie numbers, but Celebrini’s complete game and more valuable position might tip the trophy to him, but it’s probably going to be a fun close race to watch

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
6’1 speedy playmaking C with lethal shot and 2way abilities vs 5’10 W who’s not a great skater, has some character issues and prisoner of Roman Rotenberg?

Well, if I wanted to please twitter-scouts, I would go with Michkov
If I wanted to build a contender, I’m with Celebrini

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
It’ll be Michkov……. Just so the league can screw the Habs :rolleyes::naughty::sarcasm:

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I adore Celebrini. But Michkov is already a teenage star in the KHL, what he did on that terribad Sochi team at 19 years old this season is special. I think Michkov becomes the better NHLer of the two but not by a large margin.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
6’1 speedy playmaking C with lethal shot and 2way abilities vs 5’10 W who’s not a great skater, has some character issues and prisoner of Roman Rotenberg?

Michkov can turn 360 degree while Celebrini turns 180...

Reactions: Sasso09

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
If, say, Michkov comes to the league this summer, and Celebrini makes the NHL (chance for this is close to 100%), who of them will have the better season and better chance to win Calder?
For the Calder it's flip a coin as torts as the head coach is a real problem but it would be very interesting if the Flyers won the lottery and Michov also came over right?
Stankoven :sarcasm:

If he gets bumped up to the top 6 and first unit PP sure maybe.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Don't think you can miss with either one but Philly is likely better than where Celebrini will end up. If Celebrini ends up in Chicago with Bedard I think that could change my vote.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Don't think you can miss with either one but Philly is likely better than where Celebrini will end up.
I dunno which teams exactly would be a bad landing spot?

Columbus playing with Johnny hockey?

Maybe San Jose?

If Celebrini ends up in Chicago with Bedard I think that could change my vote.
Or the Ducks, Habs heck most of the teams getting him would be decent spots.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
I dunno which teams exactly would be a bad landing spot?

Columbus playing with Johnny hockey?

Maybe San Jose?

Or the Ducks, Habs heck most of the teams getting him would be decent spots.
I feel like if Celibrini lands in San Jose, he could possibly do worse statistically than Michkov. Philly seems to have a better group around him than what Celibrini would be working with in San Jose. San Jose doesn't score a lot to begin with and they control the puck very little, similar to Chicago.

Even as a Hawks fan, I'd also say they would be a "bad" landing spot for production purposes, as the rest of the team aside from Bedard is an offensive black hole and there is a reason they finished dead last in goals for.

Reactions: wetcoast

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Michkov and it's not even close to close.

Fantilli is a better prospect than Celebrini and Michkov was the clear best player in that draft.

These poll results going to look comical next year

How do you mention lethal shot and it's for Celebrini? It's not debatable that Michkov has the better shot. And the skating isn't far apart Michkov has far higher IQ and will be the much better offensive player.

And you must live in Montreal pushing that false agenda with "character issues"

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Michkov is better than Celebrini at draft years, Michkov last year would beat out Celebrini this year.

Reactions: ViD

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I feel like if Celibrini lands in San Jose, he could possibly do worse statistically than Michkov. Philly seems to have a better group around him than what Celibrini would be working with in San Jose. San Jose doesn't score a lot to begin with and they control the puck very little, similar to Chicago.

Even as a Hawks fan, I'd also say they would be a "bad" landing spot for production purposes, as the rest of the team aside from Bedard is an offensive black hole and there is a reason they finished dead last in goals for.
Fair enough and hopefully we get to see both of them in the NHL for the upcoming season and sure Michov probably has the advantage with being older but let's see how it unfolds with Torts.

To be fair Michkov is also better than Bedard
Maybe too bad he wasn't in the NHL last year but my bet is that if Michov is in the NHL for the 24-25 season, Bedard will do better so there is that.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

Crow

May 19, 2014
Wow really surprised this is close and celebrini is winning. Celebrini is going to be on the worst team in the league.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Sharks fan voting Michkov. I expect Celebrini is going to be more valuable over his career, but don't expect a running start like I think Michkov will.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I lol when people say Philadelphia is the better team. It's better because of its coach and not because of its players. It's a miracle they were fighting for the playoff spot till almost the end of the regular.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I lol when people say Philadelphia is the better team. It's better because of its coach and not because of its players. It's a miracle they were fighting for the playoff spot till almost the end of the regular.

They shouldn’t have been fighting for a playoff spot as but they still have more talent to play with unless the Sharks make some adds. They scored over 50 more goals and I wouldn’t put that all on Torts.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad