GDT: Cesko vs Swiss

Saablic

Feb 8, 2017
Czech Republic
Look at the games between Swiss and Czechs in WHC, always close, I really don't know why you are so salty about this win...
Yes, I expected we will win at home. The fact is you had your best and we hadn´t (Nečas, Pasta, Zacha, Hertl, Hronek, Jiříček etc. etc. etc.), but who cares. Let´s see in QFs. Sorry for my emotions, but I really think we were not outplayed today, even when we played with our B/C team in fact. And these refs in OT were ridiculous, even Voráček commenting the match laughed so hard. I can´t stand refs in this WC. What they did to Slovakia vs Germany, to Poland vs Latvia, to Austria yesterday or with us against Finland and today in OT and several clear calls during match uncalled. Still full with emotions, but it will fly away soon, sorry. Let´s go to bed, in any case congratz to you, you won the battle today.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Yes, I expected we will win at home. The fact is you had your best and we hadn´t (Nečas, Pasta, Zacha, Hertl, Hronek, Jiříček etc. etc. etc.), but who cares. Let´s see in QFs. Sorry for my emotions, but I really think we were not outplayed today, even when we played with our B/C team in fact. And these refs in OT were ridiculous, even Voráček commenting the match laughed so hard. I can´t stand refs in this WC. What they did to Slovakia vs Germany, to Poland vs Latvia, to Austria yesterday or with us against Finland and today in OT and several clear calls during match uncalled. Still full with emotions, but it will fly away soon, sorry. Let´s go to bed, in any case congratz to you, you won the battle today.

It's just emotion I get it you guys are at home lol

Yeah you play really solid, Finlands won gold without much NHL player and beat a stacked team Russia to get it, at the end of the day it is a collective game and the best team are the one that can be better than the sum of their parts

We are not full but yeah we have a lot of NHL talents, still, it doesn't mean anything because we are poorly coached and our top euro guys aren't here...

Reactions: Saablic

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Don't worry, you have a good team.
Will it be enough to win ? ... we will see. But your team is good and they have grit.
They will give you spectacle and emotions and pleasure !! for sure.

Reactions: Saablic

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Finally finished the match. It was exactly what I thought it'd be. Happy for Stansky. He had a great game.

Congrats Switzerland. Well deservered win.

Fiala is a goddam nightmare.lol First I have to watch him every night agaisnt my Oilers, then he shows up against my Czechs. I thought he was the POTG. I loved his crowd taunting.. they booed the shit out of him, he scored a gorgeous goal and gave it back! Zero issue with it.

Off to go to the Czech board to bitch about Jakub Flek being our 5th shooter.lol

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
I am glad I went to sleep after the second period - got at least SOME rest. Not sure I needed to see a shootout defeat.

Everything continues as predicted - they fight and skate, and you wonder where on earth the goals are going to come from. I learned nothing from that game. And continue to be amazed that Austria put FIVE past then (albeit without Fiala).

Fiala the traitor. His Czech grandmother picked him up from their airport, the Czech prime minister himself is called “Fiala” and he plays for the mountain-dwelling watchmakers instead …

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I am glad I went to sleep after the second period - got at least SOME rest. Not sure I needed to see a shootout defeat.

Everything continues as predicted - they fight and skate, and you wonder where on earth the goals are going to come from. I learned nothing from that game. And continue to be amazed that Austria put FIVE past then (albeit without Fiala).

Fiala the traitor. His Czech grandmother picked him up from their airport, the Czech prime minister himself is called “Fiala” and he plays for the mountain-dwelling watchmakers instead …
Fiala, Bonk, Fischer, Hejduk twins, Pivonka, Ludwin, Xhekaj.. we are the gift that keeps on giving.lol

Fiala was awesome today.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Finally finished the match. It was exactly what I thought it'd be. Happy for Stansky. He had a great game.

Congrats Switzerland. Well deservered win.

Fiala is a goddam nightmare.lol First I have to watch him every night agaisnt my Oilers, then he shows up against my Czechs. I thought he was the POTG. I loved his crowd taunting.. they booed the shit out of him, he scored a gorgeous goal and gave it back! Zero issue with it.

Off to go to the Czech board to bitch about Jakub Flek being our 5th shooter.lol

Last night I learned that I hate Kevin Fiala with a passion. Little shit. Looks like Auston f***in Matthews. It's also hilarious he has the same name as the current PM, every time he had the puck I found myself shouting "demise!"

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
What a disgusting match that was. Swiss again, as usually, in the full power with their best NHL players, we are still waiting for plenty of our top NHL players. Refs were as usually very weird. This wasn´t a hockey, this was ... I just don´t like Swiss style of "hockey". I believe we will face them one day in full strength with our best players, I hope for this, because every time we lost to them it was due to stupid PPs + we weren´t at full power. And Fiala should grow up, he probably forgot from what country his hockey skills came, I mean his parents. But karma is always here, remember last year and Switzerland domination in the group and then QF farewell.
You lost, it happens. Now stop whining, man up. Czech fans have been so mature and respectful, don‘t spoil it.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Should be a close and low scoring game. Key one for quarterfinal placement and seeding IMO.

I expect the Swiss to win 3-2.
I expect dostal to start.
I expect the exact same lineup as last time for the Czechs.
I expect us to get about 40 shots on net and almost none of them to go in the net.lol
Swiss have NHL game breakers and our D will struggle with them.
Josi may be the best player in the tournament. Edge Swiss.
This aged well.lol. Our D did not like Fiala one but. Josi played 30 minutes... The man is a work of art.

Reactions: NyQuil

Saablic

Feb 8, 2017
Czech Republic
You lost, it happens. Now stop whining, man up. Czech fans have been so mature and respectful, don‘t spoil it.
Yeah, now after another day, without emotions, I see it differently. We have to admit, that core of your team around Ambuhl play very well together and with your best NHLers you can beat anyone. I am just sad, that we do not have our best players, but still we had some good chances to win for 3 pts. Shootout is just a "lottery". Let´s go to QFs and win there, this only matters. Cheers.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
You are just bitter that Hischier got a boo-boo and had to change his shirt.
Sports don‘t get me mad. Sports when we win don‘t generate any negativity.

Yeah, now after another day, without emotions, I see it differently. We have to admit, that core of your team around Ambuhl play very well together and with your best NHLers you can beat anyone. I am just sad, that we do not have our best players, but still we had some good chances to win for 3 pts. Shootout is just a "lottery". Let´s go to QFs and win there, this only matters. Cheers.
Yessir. I still think that the Czech Republic is one of the favorites for the gold. You have a very good team and that public is like having a 6th player on ice. Stay positive!

Reactions: Saablic and My3Sons

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016

Yessir. I still think that the Czech Republic is one of the favorites for the gold. You have a very good team and that public is like having a 6th player on ice. Stay positive!
and you haven't even yet mentioned the outstanding (and modest) Czech commentators on here :sarcasm:;)

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

I was just being silly. You’ve always been a consistent Hischier supporter, even when it was cool to bash him, and I thought my goofy post would elicit a chuckle from you.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I was just being silly. You’ve always been a consistent Hischier supporter, even when it was cool to bash him, and I thought my goofy post would elicit a chuckle from you.
Sorry, I actually didn‘t notice it was you who posted it; I had a bit of a tunnel vision at that moment, so to speak. I know you: you‘re a staunch Devils fan and you‘ve always been a supporter of Nico too. Had I seen it was you, I would have known that you were joking. My bad!
All is well, my man.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad