OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Well.. Renard said he was looking for a potential 15 goals forward. Nilton's guess (or Sofiane's) was Sebastian Ferreira from Houston.

We have 3 senior spots open and 2 supplemental I believe?

We will most likely sign 2 kids, one RB and one Academy players.

Then the 3 senior spots will probably be a striker, a GK and Sosa. Trading for Ferreira will probably send some players away thus freeing some other spots

Thorkelsson will likely leave if we do get Sosa
Glassi probably won't stay much longer with his injury history
Isnt it getting a bit close to the start of the season?

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Isnt it getting a bit close to the start of the season?

The official transfer window opened 10 days ago for most clubs

Someone rumored like Joaquin Sosa is currently on loan from Bologna. Acquiring him means that they have to cancel the loan and either loan him to us or buying him from Bologna. It may take time.

That said, the first game is on February 24th

If by the end of the month we aren't getting any information on new players coming in, then, yes it's going to be a bit mad

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Four preseason games on the schedule

CF Montréal also announced on Friday the details of four preseason matches scheduled during training camp:
  • Saturday, January 27 at 6pm - Kino Sports Complex – vs Minnesota United FC (MLS) - Open to public
  • Wednesday, February 7 at 4pm - Al Lang Stadium – vs Atlanta United FC (MLS) - Closed door
  • Saturday, February 10 at 6pm - ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex – vs Colorado Rapids (MLS) - Closed door
  • Saturday, February 17 at 7:30pm - Al Lang Stadium – vs Tampa Bay Rowdies (USL Championship) - Open to Rowdies season ticket holders

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
It's Montreal. I'd be disappointed if they didn't disappoint me. Where did all the money from the players we sold a year ago go?

Opoku (1.75M), Duke/Lassiter (1.3M), Campbell (600-900k), Alvarez (1M)

Edwards and Camacho trade is a wash
We did get 500k with Ruan

I'm not sure if I'm forgetting somebody. Some of the money was supposed to be sent over the years

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's Montreal. I'd be disappointed if they didn't disappoint me. Where did all the money from the players we sold a year ago go?
Renard specifically said he was looking to add a ''Quioto-like production'' type of player up front, pretty much verbatim. I expect them to at least get that before the opener, unless he was just talking out of his ass in front of cameras, which would be really dumb of him.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Apparently Breza is coming back for you guys. I'm not sure how reliable this source is.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
He is of the Offor/Urruti kind, very implicated without the ball. Hopefully has better finishing than the other two, he would need some support.

Him and a guy like Campana upfront would be a great mix.

Reactions: JtotheC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad