GDT: CGY(34-37-5) @ SJ(18-51-8) 8:30pm SNW, tank-off at the Sharktank

Which of these forwards should the Flames re-sign next season?

• Total voters

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I mean that's just an idiotic pass from Coleman. Take a look.
Wolf being down early isn't really his game.

Lets be real, huskas not a good coach. All the vibes immaculate talk and somehow everyone beside kadri and coleman has better numbers with shitty ol sutter

Sutter was a terrific coach. Makes me sad seeing Flames fans slander him. Only time this team has been relevant in the last 30 years was under him. He's just not the right coach for a rebuild.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
IMG_0126.jpeg

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Finally ffs.

You can see the flashes from Coronato. Hope he gets more responsibility next season. This is a guy who could be a 30/30 if it all comes together.

Sutter was a terrific coach. Makes me sad seeing Flames fans slander him. Only time this team has been relevant in the last 30 years was under him. He's just not the right coach for a rebuild.
Such a terrific coach. Especially when he put Lucic in our top 6 for 20 games and we missed the playoffs by 2 points...

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Never see these takes when Markstrom gives up iffy goals.

It was a giveaway in the middle of the slot and a sick back hander. Double standard continues.
If you wanna play that game I could say the same for you earlier in the season when Markstrom was statistically bad and you were pretty much the first one to point it out, even though the eye test showed he was better than the stats suggest.

I dont think wolf is a dud or anything, he's still very young and has been elite in every other league hes played. He hasnt been horrible but I'd be lying if I said I've been impressed with him so far.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Well, I'm not jumping the gun yet. This has been a tough season. So many players have played at least a game this year. Lineup hasn't been the same at all. I'm not saying he's an amazing Coach, but he can't be one and done.
Remember Bednar got shit on for awhile when the Avs were atrocious, and he's now won a Cup and has been there for quite a few years.
The biggest difference between the 2 years is sharangovich replacing toffoli and ton of the vets being replaced by young guys. The roasters has been more or less the same until the trade deadline or if until the Lindholm trade if you prefer that. This team has been worse than last year every step of the way. Bednar had bad record for one year because that team was super young, MacKinnon was only 21, huskas coaching a bunch of vets.

Reactions: Boomstick

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
If you wanna play that game I could say the same for you earlier in the season when Markstrom was statistically bad and you were pretty much the first one to point it out, even though the eye test showed he was better than the stats suggest.

I dont think wolf is a dud or anything, he's still very young and has been elite in every other league hes played. He hasnt been horrible but I'd be lying if I said I've been impressed with him so far.
Well it's subjective, but I didn't see this for one second. His play significantly improved for a few months, but until late November he was very very bad. Since the deadline he's back to being meh, and I'd argue no better than Wolf.

It's also just expectations. I will flat-out say I expect more from a 6m dollar veteran goalie than a first-year rookie. And if Wolf really sucks, I'll say it (like against San Jose when some ppl blamed the defence but I thought he was just bad).

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012

Sutter was a great coach, anyone that thinks otherwise is dumb. Ive been saying it last year, the players are just babies, they and the media used sutter as an excuse for their poor performance and now 80% of them is performing worse than last year. My only complaints about him is hes unwillingness to play the young guys, beyond that hes heads and shoulder above huska.
I will admit tho given the direction of the team, a coach that will play young players are a better fit for this team.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Coronato the best player and stuck on the 4th line still.
He isn't (unless you just mean tonight, in which case I agree).

In saying that, he should get more minutes at some point. I'd imagine Mangi is traded in the off-season to make room for him and Pelletier.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I’m like 75% sure Sutter was angling to be GM again in the final 16 months of his time here

Reactions: Tofveve

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
f***s sakes man, seriously what in the hell happened to Huberdeau?

2021-22 30G, 85A, +35
2022-23 15G, 40A, +2
2023-24 11G 37A -28

My prediction next year
2024-25 6G 18A -278

Is it possible to LTIR Huberdeau for 7 years?
Asking for a friend.
Well, Huberdeau has 32 points in 39 games since the start of 2024 which is a 68 point pace over 82 games. Can't be overstated how dry his production was in 2023.

Still not good enough obviously, but a slight improvement lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad