Proposal: (CHI/CBJ/NAS) Laine, Seth Jones, 7 players 3 way

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I suppose a case could be made that we could just coast for the next two years and build up prospects, but frankly I want the available space too. :) Which is why my thoughts were kind of wandering towards "send McDonagh to Columbus for space as well". But McDonagh also has a very specific role and the Jackets don't exactly have someone who can fill that role to send back - there's no easy swap involving him like the Sissons-Danforth one. So I'm not sure how to make that work.
Problem is McDonagh has a full NTC which means he could axe any move and considering that would put him even farther away from home I'm guessing the answer would be no.

Truthfully I want no part of Jones and that contract. I wouldn't mind the player if he was making a much more reasonable salary but at 9.5 million, that's a big ole nope.

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Move on from 6 more years of Seth Jones contract, while getting at best a 50 goal 100 point winger in exchange, and at worst getting an overpaid bum winger for only 2 years instead of 6.
50 goals and 100 points strikes me as too high. If he's able to stay healthy and continue the trends he's had here, expect a 30-or-40-goal 80-point winger.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
50 goals and 100 points strikes me as too high. If he's able to stay healthy and continue the trends he's had here, expect a 30-or-40-goal 80-point winger.
I agree with you, but I'm trying to show a "best case vs worst case" comparison. Putting Laine with Bedard has SOME potential for 50 goals 100 points, though I wouldn't bet on it. This is an elite shooter and and an elite playmaker being combined here. Laine being a useless scrub on Chicago also has SOME potential to happen. What actually ends up happening is most likely somewhere in the middle of those two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad