Confirmed with Link: Chiarot to Detroit (4x $4.75)

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
For some perspective, this was Detroit's defense three seasons ago:

DeKeyser-Green
Daley-Hronek
Ericsson-Biega
Cholowski-Bowey

Trending up BIG time.

Oh the painful memories...

giphy.gif

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
really weird the term and AAV haven't been announced yet?

It’s even weirder that only Friedman has mentioned the rumor. He’s the best in the business but usually the agent lets everyone know when a deals close to everyone reports it.

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
No, it won't.
Chiarot is a solid NHL defenseman who played 22 minutes a night last year.
This not trading for Marc Staal or Merrill or even Nemeth.

THis is a 22-minute-a-night, rugged defenseman who's played some monster playoff games in recent years.
Fair enough. Im looking at a very immobile defence. Who knows maybe we are secretly in the weegar sweepstakes.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
For some perspective, this was Detroit's defense three seasons ago:

DeKeyser-Green
Daley-Hronek
Ericsson-Biega
Cholowski-Bowey

Trending up BIG time.
What year was this? I'm struggling to find a year where this was the case. Unless you're picking a small snapshot in time.

Aside from adding Seider, and maybe being hopeful about a rookie that hasn't played a game in NA, I'm not seeing any BIG improvements from that time.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Chiarot isn't even a bad skater.
Maatta is. Lindstrom is below avg.
Hronek is average - which isn't good enough for a guy his size.
I like the Chiarot signing the best out of the three. Just hope it isn't a huge term...

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Meh, a little pricy but you need to spend to improve. Not too long of a deal. Yzerman wants to move forward and is willing to spend to do it.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I suppose it depends on what Chiarot you believe you are getting. Florida Chiarot is no good. The Chiarot Florida thought they were getting is probably worth what he just signed.

I'm not going to call this a steal, but I'd like to see it on the ice before I get upset. At a bare minimum it's someone who can answer the bell physically and log bottom pairing minutes. Which is not worth what he's got, but still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad