Coachella Firebirds: News and Discussion

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
CV beat Ontario 3-2 in game 1; vets McCormick, Poturalski, Shore and Studenic still doing the heavy lifting. Nyman played and had no points on zero shots. Wright had no points on zero shots but managed a penalty. Driedger stopped 29 of 31 shots.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
CV beat Ontario 3-2 in game 1; vets McCormick, Poturalski, Shore and Studenic still doing the heavy lifting. Nyman played and had no points on zero shots. Wright had no points on zero shots but managed a penalty. Driedger stopped 29 of 31 shots.
Melanson seems to have decent playoffs. I think he is the type of player who would shine in the playoffs as a depth option.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Looks like Wright isn’t dressed for this one.

Cam Hughes has been awfully quiet in the playoffs after a really good regular season, now that I look at it?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
A bit off the beaten path since the Firebirds are once again riding Driedger through the playoffs.

Was wondering what the organization saw from Ales Stezka this season since he was signed to a one-year deal. His numbers were decent during the regular season but was that due to the team in front of him or is there something there?

Not much on him on HF Boards - going back to his days in the Czech Republic.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Wonder how the team reacts to the coaching news. Do they down tools or try and let him go out on a high? Knowing he's going to be the nhl coach would make me not want to be on his shit list if I want to take the next step to the majors.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Wonder how the team reacts to the coaching news. Do they down tools or try and let him go out on a high? Knowing he's going to be the nhl coach would make me not want to be on his shit list if I want to take the next step to the majors.

Any player would be nuts to think it was anything but a huge motivator.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad