Colin Wilson

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Hey Preds board! I just wanted to ask a quick question. Could you tell me about Colin Wilson? He is consistently putting up 35 points every year but what kind of game does he play? Is he a defensive forward or?

Thanks!

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
He is a true PWF in my opinion. In spurts last year, he looked like a true top line guy, but at other times, he looked like a kid among man. Disappeared for long stretches.

I wouldn't call him a defensive forward, but anyone under Trotz is going to have to be strong defensively. I would say he is two way with a slant towards offense. Given line-mates and ice time, he could really start racking up some points, but Trotz hates the kid for some reason.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
He's an offensive power forward with defensive lapses who, in my opinion, has a high ceiling (think Erat-esque point totals [50-60 a year] but with more goal tallies than assists). If you're in a keeper fantasy league, he would be a great pickup for the future. I think he's a permanent top 6 forward in ~2 years on the Preds, assuming he remains here.

Disclaimer: I am high on Wilson; some here are not

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
but Trotz hates the kid for some reason.

The kids got skill. Especially in the stick handling department. These types of players need a bit of a leash in order to maximize their potential. Turnovers will be a part of their game occasionally. It's something that has not sat well with Trotz. :(

Spot on in terms of your player analysis.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
kid has good offensive instincts, but until he buys in defensivly, which he started to do before getting too cute, he will be a 35-40 point guy bc of icetime.

cant say he hates it though, as he did just sign an extension

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
...and he just joined the list of players in this lockout to open mouth and insert foot.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/12/13/predators-colin-wilson-says-gary-bettman-phony

Of course Bettman was putting on a show, same thing that Fehr did just minutes before.

And yet another player who references "Record Revenue" without distinguishing Revenue from Profits. What are they doing with it Colin? They're paying 57% of it to YOU in salary, as well as paying for your health care, travel, lodging and food...

JR303

Feb 28, 2008
...and he just joined the list of players in this lockout to open mouth and insert foot.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/12/13/predators-colin-wilson-says-gary-bettman-phony

Of course Bettman was putting on a show, same thing that Fehr did just minutes before.

And yet another player who references "Record Revenue" without distinguishing Revenue from Profits. What are they doing with it Colin? They're paying 57% of it to YOU in salary, as well as paying for your health care, travel, lodging and food...

Yup. I just don't understand where the players feel it's acceptable to insult Bettman. I get that they may feel they're being screwed, but I just can't fathom displaying publicly that amount of comfort.

I know Bettman's an easy target, but he's still "the boss" so to speak. I was glad that I hadn't seen much from the Predators players overall, but this one is dissapointing.

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA
Wilson was playing defence! Lets face it, small town Winnipeg is looking for any story they can to keep "any" form of hockey news going. I don't think there is anything in this article that most players aren't thinking or saying. Unfortunate "header" on the article.....in true Sun style!
The problem lies with both the players and the owners not wanting to give too much in my opinion. As far as revenues, it is teams like Philly making insane offers (good for Weber and Suter) that gobble up tons of teams profits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad