Post-Game Talk: Could've been worse. Leafs go down 3-1 in the game and the series.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
The "Shitty" new players are out scoring the amazing Dubas players....so that kind of throws the "Dubas knew best" routine out of whack.

Did Marner get smaller over the last couple of years or is he so afraid of injuring himself and screwing up his contract year that he is playing with eggs in his pockets. He seems unusually weak on the puck and makes Kessel look like Hyman along the boards.
No clue. I'm hoping for his sake that it's his injured ankle not fully recovered.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
THIS.....everybody in the arena and watching at home, knows that's exactly what they are going to do. #firekeefe
They can't come up with a new idea? Seriously....like how friggen stupid do you have to be to not realize they know what your going to do?....it's not Guy the PP guy...it wasn't Carberry....Justin Bourne said last night on Leafs Talk that its on Keefe at this point since it has happened with 3 different PP coaches...he is the common denominator in all of this.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
The "Shitty" new players are out scoring the amazing Dubas players....so that kind of throws the "Dubas knew best" routine out of whack.

5 players Tre acquired are on the ice for more goals against than goals for.

1 is on the ice for more goals for than goals against.

3 are neutral.

5 players from Dubas are on the ice for more goals against than goals for.

3 are on the ice for more goals for than goals against.

2 are neutral.

Take the info how you want, but Domi and Bert scoring but being on the ice for a lot of goals against doesn't help the team a lot.

No one has been good, that is the issue, and call out whoever you want, but saying stuff like the above when they haven't helped the team win is just funny to me.

Reactions: arso40

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
70s, you young whippersnapper!

I was a systems designer for over 30 years, including PC, mainframe, and internet.

And get off my lawn!
big career, I always envied that sort of thing. I always saw that sort of career as one of the most intelligent careers someone could have
Since 1999

The leafs have missed the playoffs 10 times
Have 6 first round wins, 1 conference finals appearance, 2 second round wins, 7 first round exits.

So no the knicks have been way worse than the leafs since 1999. Want me to do the Dallas Cowboys, Sacramento Kings for you?

Leafs have had some disappointments but other franchises are way worse.

Since 1999

Have 6 first round wins, 1 conference finals appearance, 2 second round wins, 7 first round exits.

So no the knicks have been way worse than the leafs since 1999. Want me to do the Dallas Cowboys, Sacramento Kings for you?

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Since 1999

I like how you backed it up to 1999 lol

I said the last 20 years, not the last 25 years

Now do the last 20 years and let's see what it's like for Toronto ;)

Reactions: HolyCrap

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Brodie was an elite defender, who has aged and lost a good deal of his effectiveness. But Rielly has never, ever been a good defender, let alone elite. It could be ugly for him real fast. We might be stuck with Keith Yandle for six more years.

Signing Tavares was the biggest mistake this whole regime made. But another was the ongoing mischaracterization of Morgan Rielly as a #1 defenseman. He's never been one. But we play him like he is, and we pay him like he is. When we look back at what went wrong in this era, that's going to be a huge part of it.
agree........

2 months till July 1st

What's the over/under of Keefe getting dumped before that and some huge roster moves? Or is it "run it back again"

I think I am warming up to the idea of investing my free time doing something else in the evening instead of just Leafs LOL
you could try hitting your thumb with a hammer as a hobby, wouldn't be as painful as following the Leafs..........

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
No, the worst thing was a tie, hiring Shanahan and then Dubas.
here's the worse thing:
incompetent ownership hires incompetent President who hires former stick boy to be GM, who hires useless coach and all become complete jokes at their jobs, all while overpaying underachievers and allowing failure to be more than acceptable. I think that sums it up quite nicely............

Jay nailed it imo...............

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
If you want to see speed
If you want to see players following a system
If you want to see passion
If you want to see players playing their position
If you want to see core players leading

Watch Jets vs Avs.

The Jets are averaging almost 6 GA/G while having the best goalie in the league, and the Avs are almost at 4 (their goalie sucks).

Really?

Reactions: CaptainCrunch17

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Barring some serious health concerns to Matthews for not coming out in 3rd period and same for Nylander in the first 3 games....

i don't know how to reply to the below....

Reactions: Cleetus

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Barring some serious health concerns to Matthews for not coming out in 3rd period and same for Nylander in the first 3 games....

They’re not men, their entitled boys who haven’t learn that to achieve success one needs to bear down, embrace the suck, and do what needs to be done regardless of tummy aches, headaches, and sore ankles…….

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Boston fans also complained that he was terrible and they wished he didn't play.

• Haha
Reactions: HolyCrap

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
i really hate how we're on year 8 of this and this team is still dump and chasing

you have all this offensive capability and the strategy keeps making no sense

Huh? We were a score off the rush team before Keefe. Babcock's system was stretch passes and odd man rush scoring chances and that didn't work. Everyone said we need to learn to dump and chase. So they slowly retooled the roster and play that way.

Now people say we need to play off the rush...

The Dr pulled him. You realize that he literally cannot do anything to play right?

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
There have been so many quotes from different sports including hockeh that goes along the lines of...

"practice hard so the games become easy"

"heart is what separates good from great"

"It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe."

"practice like you are playing the game; games become natural"

“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'”

"good habits are only built as part of your natural instinct if done continuously"

"work ethic in everything leads to disciplined life and performance because its part of your life you don't have to think; you just do"

etc....

The culture that was nurtured by dubas was the biggest cancer as far as I am concerned. It will take time to undo this

Great post.

You know how the morning after uh, certain events, you have feelings of regret? The forum equivalent would be to wake up the next day and regret one's own highly reactionary posts.

Right now it's the opposite. I just wish we could sink this entire boat into the lake and build a new one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad