Post-Game Talk: Could've been worse. Leafs go down 3-1 in the game and the series.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Ohhhhhh, because THOSE teams didn't draft him, they just traded for him. Makes perfect sense now, thanks for showing me the light.

I didn't make it up.

Even if it's 15 of 22 that's insanely slanted in the favor of drafted or undrafted and selected first by the team that wins with them.

None of those goalies that were undrafted won multiple cups either. I guess if you go a bit further back you could say Roy

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
The Leaf doctors pulled him from the game, likely due to the risk of dehydration. He was running on fumes the last couple of games due to food poisoning.

He should be back to normal by Tuesday.
I expect him to be the best player on the ice in that game. You don't score 69 goals then forget how to score...

Reactions: Leafshater67

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
These pretty boys have had everything their own way their entire lives. They were miles the best growing up and catered to and admired for all they did. Everything came to them naturally. They didn't't have to put in a real effort to be the best. Then came Dubas who basically confirmed what they always believed, they are above the rest. Welcome to the NHL and guys like Marchand. All of a sudden they aren't the best, except in the eyes of a starstruck GM and adoring hometown fans. In order to compete in the NHL playoffs they had to elevate their game physically. That is something they were either incapable of doing or didn't care to do. I suspect the latter. Enjoy the regular season. These guys will never take us fans to the promised land.

Last edited:

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
The most Leafy thing to do will be win game 5, then come home for game 6 and stink the joint out as they have done for games 3 and 4.

The people I feel for are the ones who paid top dollar for games 3 and 4.

Feel sorry for all fans paying hundreds to thousands of dollars for home games...what's their home playoff record now? 1-9 in the last 10?

View attachment 861070

We just gotta become part of the 10% boys and girls. I'm angry too, I'm annoyed, I am BEYOND frustrated.

Yet, let's save a glimmer of hope for the boys. Win or lose it's okay. We win, we see what this team is made of. We lose, the experiment is finally over.

So cheer up my beautiful butter cups. Either way something positive is coming to Leafs nation.

Leafs had a 10% chance of drafting McDavid...that worked out pretty well...:sarcasm:

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
I watch other teams play and wonder how there is so much space for them to skate. We play likes it 5vs6 with the room we have. Is it just because we are a slow team or is it the stupid "regroup" system that bleeds that speed away and makes us predictable?
The basketball offense if the Leafs is terrible to speed. Watch the skilled soft players in Van. They play with guts unlike Mitchy

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I still cannot get over how pathetic last nights game was. Especially the 2nd period.

It was Peter Horachek era level bad.

Reactions: Leafshater67

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
1714371762773.png

Time for you to go Sheldon, take Marner with you! And the architect of this clown show Brendan Shanahan should be the first one fired into the sun.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
here's the worse thing:
incompetent ownership hires incompetent President who hires former stick boy to be GM, who hires useless coach and all become complete jokes at their jobs, all while overpaying underachievers and allowing failure to be more than acceptable. I think that sums it up quite nicely............

Jay nailed it imo...............
Yes indeed, Jay was spot on!

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The culture of meaningless games and scheduled losses and all those uncompetitive traits came back to haunt them last night. You simply cannot flip a switch and expect to kick it into a special winning gear when you carry around such bad habits over 82 games, over 8 years. No team ever has a 1.000 winning percentage but the low floor, no show games being papered over with a cram session offensive push. Those habits never pay off in hockey. Just bad country club culture coming back to bite them.
Like a group that spent all year having fun, only to realize that they had to cram for the final exam last minute. It never works.

Their inabily to try anything different or new, is fueling a lot of the fan frustration - we've just seen this script so many bloody times now, that it's gone stale and old, fast

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
of course i remember that. and Ryan Getzlaf played with a hernia and looked like garbage. if Matthews is sick, he shouldn't be playing, becuse if he was out there looking like garbage no one is going to be going "oh look at you playing while sick." they'll be yelling at him saying he's garbage and should get off the ice.

anyhoo. i'm very glad i didn't waste any precious time on this team this year. clearly i missed nothing
Hello Daisy. Haven’t seen you in a while (can’t blame you). I’m not going to talk about this team right now, I’ll wait until my utter disappointment turns into blinding rage to do that. Hope you are well.

• Love
Reactions: Daisy Jane

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Like a group that spent all year having fun, only to realize that they had to cram for the final exam last minute. It never works.
Worked for me. All I needed to add was benzedrine and extra cigarettes for studying and keep it going until the exam was over. State-Dependant Learning. I didn't have to worry about random drug testing though.

Last edited:

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Please lock up this thread.

This was the worst game I've seen TOR play in the playoffs in all my years of watching.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
helps to not have Reaves and Domi and Bert

I know people like you only seem to show up after losses to go to bat for the ex-GM but the bolded are two of our best playoff players.

You actually have no clue how to watch hockey apparently :laugh:

Bookmarked forever.

absolutely agree with you that Max domi is a "revolving door player"

One of our best players.

Learn hockey.

And stop posting your useless thoughts here.

Reactions: torontoblood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad