Confirmed with Link: Coyotes claim Adam Ruzicka [CGY] off waivers. (UPD: On waivers pending contract termination

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I'd have started a "Most embarrassing Coyotes debacle" poll, but I'm not sure I've got them all.

Private draft combine tests?
The Miller draft?
Gally's run-ins with the law?
This waiver pick up?

I bet I'm missing something, though I leave out arena-related stuff on purpose.

Definitely missing some Ribiero stuff and the Valimaki medical treatment debacle.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
I'd have started a "Most embarrassing Coyotes debacle" poll, but I'm not sure I've got them all.

The Miller draft?
This waiver pick up?

Hands down the Chyc trade. Probably worst handle trade in history of NHL.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Absolutely the worst. Quick break down. Part of our core, we are not going to trade you, we are going to trade you for 2 1st and a top prospect, feels like 2 years pass, we are going to hold you out for 3 weeks so you don't get injured, finally the trade goes down with no where close to the original asking price. Lost probably our future captain for a bag of Doritos and still no clue who our core is :)

Even tops the Selanne trade and that still hurts.

• Wow
Reactions: Kai Yo T and Kaizen

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Our brilliant scouting team said we needed this player. Doing coke should be part of the due diligence. 100 percent on the scouting department.

Plenty of players use cocaine, most of them aren't dumb enough to post a video to their social media of them actively doing so, scouting department isn't Nostradamus, you can't just avoid adding any players to your roster just in case they do something stupid in the future.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Absolutely the worst. Quick break down. Part of our core, we are not going to trade you, we are going to trade you for 2 1st and a top prospect, feels like 2 years pass, we are going to hold you out for 3 weeks so you don't get injured, finally the trade goes down with no where close to the original asking price. Lost probably our future captain for a bag of Doritos and still no clue who our core is :)

Even tops the Selanne trade and that still hurts.
You are out to lunch with this one man, haha. The asking price was never “two 1sts and a top prospect” according to anyone in the organization. That was 100% rumor mill stuff and was always obviously too high. They got a 1st who is now Daniil But. They have two 2nds that they haven’t even turned into anything yet, and OTT now wants to move Chych already (because he’s so amazing I guess). They talked to him about their plans for a rebuild and wanted to make sure he was all in for that…he said he wasn’t. They held him out when they knew a trade was going to happen so he didn’t get hurt…when he had a checkered injury history. Maybe he was held out at OTT’s request, we don’t know. Worst handled trade ever??? Let it go man haha

flemo

Jan 7, 2010
I remember seeing some former player say that coke has been a huge problem in the NHL for decades. The difference is, most people have the sense to not post about it on damn Instagram.
I believe he wanted to share the video somewhere else, not to his public instagram account.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun

The Miller draft?
This waiver pick up?

The way Doan was told he won't be offered a contract.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I don’t believe this is how the world works.
"Hey, do you do coke?"
"No"
"Alrighty then."

Too simple?

"Hey, anyone ever see this guy do coke?"
"No"
"Alrighty then."

Still not enough?

"Hello, this is Jim Rockford, at the tone leave your name and message I'll get back to you.... *beep!* "
------------

I would guess players get drug tested....annually? Occasionally? Never? - did this guy say "hey, it's the Yotes, bush league organization, forgot to drug test me, so guess who's gonna party"?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad