Danes in KHL.

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
That little smurf Saarinen is playing like a madman, so Bjorki has an easy job to put puck in the net. He'll easily score 10+ goals this season.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
That little smurf Saarinen is playing like a madman, so Bjorki has an easy job to put puck in the net. He'll easily score 10+ goals this season.

Hence the reason Bjørkstrand has more goals than assist!
Lets hope he can continue his pace being "smurf-fed" (Schtroumpf'ed) and get between 15-20 goals!

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Hmm Janne Karlsson just selected the national team squad for a tournament in norway...Jesper B Jensen is on it, but Regin and Larsen arent:s
seems a bit weird.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
The three DEL'ers aren't there either. And despite Jesper Jensen and Oliver Lauridsen is there there's no Galbraith, Hardt or Storm.

I think there's been made room for some youngsters.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
After his good start Peter Regin has really not produced a lot lately (5 games without a point).

Jokerit got a 6-1 win over Jugra, and Regin got 1A to end his drought.
Philip Larsen did much better and walked away with 3A.

Patrick Bjørkstrand didn't play some matches for Medvescak, but returned last night. No point for him though in a 3-4 defeat to AK Bars.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
2 assists vs riga....lost 5-6 in so. larsen scored

Jokerit blew a 5-0 lead to lose 5-6 SO. [That has to be some kind of record for both Jokerit and Dinamo Riga].
Phillip Larsen scored the first Jokerit goal and Peter Regin as you say got 2A (2nd and 5th goal), so he is over his point slump.

Patrick Bjørkstrand also added 1A a couple of nights ago and Medvescak will play later today.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Jokerit blew a 5-0 lead to lose 5-6 SO. [That has to be some kind of record for both Jokerit and Dinamo Riga].
Phillip Larsen scored the first Jokerit goal and Peter Regin as you say got 2A (2nd and 5th goal), so he is over his point slump.

Patrick Bjørkstrand also added 1A a couple of nights ago and Medvescak will play later today.

I saw that...That is really an epic melt down. How Jokerit have fallen after their start.

Saw some extended interviews with all out boys in Finland, and they at least seem very happy to be there.

Regin btw mentioned that he views returning to north america to be very unrealistic...Happy he figured that out and is focused on just having a good european career.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I dont know what to think of our boys showing in the k so far...

its kind of meh isnt it?

I am asking because I havent followed alot.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I dont know what to think of our boys showing in the k so far...

its kind of meh isnt it?

I am asking because I havent followed alot.

Regin started really well, but then hit a slump. Seems to have gotten out of it with 3A last two games, but hopefully he starts scoring again. [6G 12A]

Larsen has been producing well [2G 12A], but could wish for a bit more goals given his PP time.

Jensen has been a real surprise and has played a lot more (and better) than I would have thought. [3G 2A].

In Medvescak Bjørkstrand didn't play some matches in October [reason unknown to me], but has also produced as expected [6G 3A] - actually 6G is quite good and joint third on the team!

So I don't really see any "meh" if we have realistic expectations, other than Regin's slump was unfortunate after his great start.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Regin started really well, but then hit a slump. Seems to have gotten out of it with 3A last two games, but hopefully he starts scoring again. [6G 12A]

Larsen has been producing well [2G 12A], but could wish for a bit more goals given his PP time.

Jensen has been a real surprise and has played a lot more (and better) than I would have thought. [3G 2A].

In Medvescak Bjørkstrand didn't play some matches in October [reason unknown to me], but has also produced as expected [6G 3A] - actually 6G is quite good and joint third on the team!

So I don't really see any "meh" if we have realistic expectations, other than Regin's slump was unfortunate after his great start.

cool, thanks Justi :)

seems fair enough, only I expected just a tiny bit more from Regin perhaps :)

but other than that, ill take your word and agree that its a fair production :handclap:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Thats because you love predictions...especially pessimistic ones;)

bBut what you guys fail to understand, is that my negative predictions stem from a serious case of anti jinx paranoia that goes way back to my own playing days,..

its soo deeply embedded in me :laugh::help:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
bBut what you guys fail to understand, is that my negative predictions stem from a serious case of anti jinx paranoia that goes way back to my own playing days,..

its soo deeply embedded in me :laugh::help:

We know. Some "Danishness creeping in" :laugh: The psychological defense strategy ->Expect nothing and you can only be happily surprised!

But lets hear about "anti jinx paranoia from your own playing days" :D
Personally I don't believe in jinxes, you still have to be a positive at heart to believe in that.
If you are a realist (= all negative) jinxes won't make any difference......

Wonder if any Danish people actually believe in jinxes or it's a NA thing?????

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
We know. Some "Danishness creeping in" :laugh: The psychological defense strategy ->Expect nothing and you can only be happily surprised!

But lets hear about "anti jinx paranoia from your own playing days" :D
Personally I don't believe in jinxes, you still have to be a positive at heart to believe in that.
If you are a realist (= all negative) jinxes won't make any difference......

Wonder if any Danish people actually believe in jinxes or it's a NA thing?????

Well, no matter how bad the other team was, we would NEVER EVER, utter the words a sure thing.
its the same today, I cant make myself predict wins! :laugh:

I am in science, arguably one of the more logic based fields, and yet I still big on jinxes... sad really:laugh:

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Besides Patrick Bjørkstrand's fine 1G 1A (7th goal of the season), Philip Larsen is also on a roll scoring the goal (3rd goal of the season) in Jokerit's 1-0 win.

About anti-jinxes - I have friends that say I am "the cause of the Danish defeats", because of my negative statements in my younger days, so that I should try to say positive outcomes instead!
I am doing my best, lol

kulenova seka

Besides Patrick Bjørkstrand's fine 1G 1A (7th goal of the season),

He is now second on Medvescak's KHL all time scoring list with 39 points. First is Bill Thomas with 62, he is out of the reach for Bjorki this season, but if he stays in Medvescak (and Medvescak in KHL) next season he could climb into first place.:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad