Danes in KHL.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
It looks like Patrick has earned himself a playmaker reputation,thats how you can tell hes danish:sarcasm:,well that and the fact that he works his ass off everytime,love watching him whenever Medevscak plays.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
It looks like Patrick has earned himself a playmaker reputation,thats how you can tell hes danish:sarcasm:,well that and the fact that he works his ass off everytime,love watching him whenever Medevscak plays.

You mean that assisting more scoring less is typically Danish :laugh:

You are right that he seems to make an "impossible" promotion from being a lower line player in Allsvenskan (Mora) to be credited in KHL already.
All based on hard hard work, as Jannik Hansen did when drafted 9'th round in Vancouver and worked he way up slowly.

ficohok*

:handclap: fantastic goal from him. His two first KHL goals are both real beauties!

Three Danish journalists were in Minsk on game Dinamo - Medvescak :) I hope that you or some other Danish member will post link here with interview(s) with Bjorkstrand when they will be published :)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Three Danish journalists were in Minsk on game Dinamo - Medvescak :) I hope that you or some other Danish member will post link here with interview(s) with Bjorkstrand when they will be published :)

Haven't been able to find any interview but maybe others are more lucky (maybe not published yet?).

ficohok*

Haven't been able to find any interview but maybe others are more lucky (maybe not published yet?).

I am sure it is not published yet...interview with Montador for Championat.ru was published almost a week after russian journalist made it. :) Please, just check it few days from now and if published post link here :)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
In the 3-2 shotout loss to Spartak Moskva, Patrick Bjørkstrand even got a shotout attempt, which he sadly missed.
But it surely shows that people are beginning to notice his skills!

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Medvescak lost to the leaders of the East division Ak Bars Kazan 3-5.
Bjørkstrand had yet again another goal (to 2-4) in the early 3'rd period.
He played on the third line and had a whopping 4 shots on goal, won a face off and played 15.51 min!

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Bjorkstrand has exceeded my expectations for him greatly. I was a bit unsure about how he would do in the KHL after an unimpressive season in Allsvenskan. But from reports he has been great. If he continues like this he's gonna be huge for the national team at the WC, and in the future.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Patrick Bjørkstrand played on the 2'nd line for Medvescak against Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod. He got a record (?) 18.56 min of playing time with 2 shots on goal but no points.
Medvescak lost 2-1 in OT and while still often losing playing on away ice they manage to get some OT points. But in all OT (incl. shootouts) they have only won 2 and lost 5
Medvescak has fallen to 6'th place in the West.

ficohok*

Bjorkstrand is called up for Danish NT for two upcoming games against Norway.:handclap:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Patrick Bjørkstrand hasn't produced any points lately playing on the 3'rd line, but Medvescak has managed home ice win followed by 2 shootout wins.
So they are still very strong at home in OT, but usually lose their OT away, but still get the occasional point.
Medvescak is currently 7'th in the west and looks like a solid mid team!

ficohok*

Bjorkstrand assist for Medvescak's 3rd goal. Nice one-timer by Carle. This is Bjorkstrand's 9th point of the season if I am not mistaken.

Last edited by a moderator:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Bjorkstrand assist for Medvescak's 3rd goal. Nice one-timer by Carle. This is Bjorkstrand's 9th point of the season if I am not mistaken.

Yep he has 3G and 6 assists now!
A 3-2 win over Salavat Yulaev.
I'm amazed how many games involving Medvescak are settled with one goal differrence, or goes to OT or shootout. It must be quite nervous being a fan of them. :D

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
It looks like that nichlas hardt will most likely be playing for Jokerit next year,so that also means in KHL,what do you guys think his point production could be? could he be a 20 points guy? or is he more like a grinder?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad