Pre-Game Talk: Decisions decision decisions

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Huh I did not expect them to actually start Pickard but then I didn't expect them to be in such a desperate situation in the first place.

Reactions: Oilhawks

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
This is what I feared would happen when Holland didn't go out and try to find a safety net for Skinner shitting the bed again at the TDL. Hope Pickard can pull it off, I guess.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
oilers_pickard.png

It's your time, Calvin. We'll be cheering hard for you.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Anyone suggesting they're going to put Skinner in the PB will be disappointed. I'd be ok with that but no chance they're going to do that to Skinner

Reactions: MessierII

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Just need one of these by Hughes or Zadorov to complete the comparison.

For timing of the game and the quality of the scoring chance, Zadorov's Game 2 goal was in the same realm, especially when considering one of those shots was Lidstrom, the other Zadorov.

Fortunately Edmonton came back to erase that one, where Vancouver didn't in that game (Detroit was down in the series 2-0 when it happened and won out from there).

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Tochett's team would be 0-3 if the Oilers had an actual goalie instead of a cardboard cutout in net which shows how much that stuff you're talking about actually matters.

Highly disagree. Gamesmanship is 100% a thing and affects the games in many ways. The media and general perception affects refs and it always has. From basketball to hockey. Even if you disagree that it affects the refs, it certainly has a profound effect on the players. Seeing your coach step up for you and advocate for you is a empowering thing.

Not to mention, he hasnt had the team ready to go in the first period once. Blaming just skinner for Knobs shortcoming is hilarious.

Reactions: K1984

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Edmonton media be like...

"the team needs to be better at limiting scoring chances to help out their goalies. It's all on the defensive structure of the team leading to the goals against".

Now they are saying "the team isn't allowing enough scoring chances to help out their goalies. The defensive structure of the team is too strong leading into too much time between scoring chances leading the to goalie being ill-prepared to make the saves".

What the f*** do they want, is it ever the goalies fault? Is the goalie at least not somewhat culpable in his own poor performance?

This drives me crazy.

I love Strudwick and love GYB, but I was rage driving listening to him crow on about the "low intensity start." We skated them into the ground for the first 10 mins and it only went the other way after they scored on the PP and we chose to soil ourselves over it.

It was the goalie on Sunday, it was the goalie yesterday, and it's still the goalie today. He's the only reason it isn't at least 2-1 Oilers in the series at the moment.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Where did Hyman go? The fact that 6 people liked this with two Drai is scary
You’re late to the party. It’s been pointed out twice and I’ve said subconsciously I must have been trying to clone Draisaitl. Most could figure out on their own though that it split up McDavid and Draisaitl. With Hyman running as he has all season with the 100 assist guy.

Hope you’re no longer scared.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
I think it's really concerning that RR asked Knob about physical play, and Knob essentially brushed it off saying it's not a priority. That really explains why this team doesn't play with physical intensity; because they're not encouraged to and doing so doesn't give depth players more opportunities and additional ice time if they play hard that way.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
You’re late to the party. It’s been pointed out twice and I’ve said subconsciously I must have been trying to clone Draisaitl. Most could figure out on their own though that it split up McDavid and Draisaitl. With Hyman running as he has all season with the 100 assist guy.

Hope you’re no longer scared.
i think the real issue is of all the players you tried to replace with a drai clone you chose hyman. im pretty sure we could pick 10 better options for that lol

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Highly disagree. Gamesmanship is 100% a thing and affects the games in many ways. The media and general perception affects refs and it always has. From basketball to hockey. Even if you disagree that it affects the refs, it certainly has a profound effect on the players. Seeing your coach step up for you and advocate for you is a empowering thing.

And again, this series would be 3-0 to the Oilers if Skinner wasn't trash.

Not to mention, he hasnt had the team ready to go in the first period once. Blaming just skinner for Knobs shortcoming is hilarious.
Knobs isn't letting in soft goal after soft goal. Whatever else the team has struggled with, at the end of the day if you're goalie isn't making the easy stops he should you aren't going anywhere.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
And again, this series would be 3-0 to the Oilers if Skinner wasn't trash.

Knobs isn't letting in soft goal after soft goal. Whatever else the team has struggled with, at the end of the day if you're goalie isn't making the easy stops he should you aren't going anywhere.

Agree to disagree. I think Knob can be passionless and lost while also Skinner being ass lol.

I do agree that Skinner is the bigger problem, my point is, that it just shouldnt be lost that Knob is being significantly out coached

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

Oilers started game 1 with 4-1. We also scored first in game 3

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
i think the real issue is of all the players you tried to replace with a drai clone you chose hyman. im pretty sure we could pick 10 better options for that lol
It’s a joke. I had been multi tasking when posting and made a mistake. A pretty obvious one that most people intuitively figured out. I don’t delete or edit change my posts. Instead leave my goof ups.

But yes, there would be a hella lot of other clone options. Not really big issue. Most people figured it out or scrolled by.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Agree to disagree. I think Knob can be passionless and lost while also Skinner being ass lol.

I do agree that Skinner is the bigger problem, my point is, that it just shouldnt be lost that Knob is being significantly out coached

I'm open to the argument, but I don't buy it's because he's not working the refs and media enough. I think we could swap coaches and end up with the exact same result because we have a bottom 9 that can't score, a $12.5 million defence pair that can't defend and a goaltender who has completely forgotten how to stop pucks.

Reactions: Forgot About Drai

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad