GDT: DEN vs. NOR May 14, 2024

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
My money is on Norway - Stupid mountain monkies, always have our number, even when they should not.

However, also gotta go with the last 4 friendlies all in the last 6 months against Norway have ended with 3 Norwegian wins and 1 Danish.
Also gotta add, that imo, Norway are on the up, Denmark are on the down (Talentwise).

Before anyone gets their panties in a twist, "mountain monkey" is what Danes call Norwegians in loving fun (Fjell Aber) In Danish. I am sure my wonderful brethren have some brotherly jabs at us :)

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
My money is on Norway - Stupid mountain monkies, always have our number, even when they should not.

However, also gotta go with the last 4 friendlies all in the last 6 months against Norway have ended with 3 Norwegian wins and 1 Danish.
Also gotta add, that imo, Norway are on the up, Denmark are on the down (Talentwise).

Before anyone gets their panties in a twist, "mountain monkey" is what Danes call Norwegians in loving fun (Fjell Aber) In Danish. I am sure my wonderful brethren have some brotherly jabs at us :)
Still consider Denmark as favorites in this one though, even witout the NHL'ers.
Denmark has a very experienced team now, unlike ours.

We haven't got a victory vs Denmark in WC since 2014 or 2015 or something. And Denmark has beaten us in the last 3 or 4 WC games or so, if Im not mistaken.

Now im starting to realisee how Danish fans felt in the years 2006 until 2014/15 before they finaly beat us in WC (I think it was in 2018) :laugh:
I really want our team to finaly get a WC victory vs the Danes again, but I think it's to early.
In 2-3 years I think we have a better chance.

Will see, hoping for an exiting game anyways.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Still consider Denmark as favorites in this one though, even witout the NHL'ers.
Denmark has a very experienced team now, unlike ours.

We haven't got a victory vs Denmark in WC since 2014 or 2015 or something. And Denmark has beaten us in the last 3 or 4 WC games or so, if Im not mistaken.

Now im starting to realisee how Danish fans felt in the years 2006 until 2014/15 before they finaly beat us in WC (I think it was in 2018) :laugh:
I really want our team to finaly get a WC victory vs the Danes again, but I think it's to early.
In 2-3 years I think we have a better chance.

Will see, hoping for an exiting game anyways.
I wish I was as optimistic. I love and hate Norway exactly because of our Hockey rivalry. That period you speak of, I loathed you guys. I felt like no matter what, you guys won, even when we had a better team, had had a better tourney, you always got under our skin for some reason.

I hope Denmark takes it, but I have a sneaky feeling Norway wins this one :)

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
If there is one constant at the WHC it's that Vikingstad will be playing for Norway. Feels like that guy has been playing for 30 years at this thing. I don't know if there is a Norwegian hockey hall of fame but he should be a shoo in once his playing days are over.

Reactions: Summer Rose

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
If there is one constant at the WHC it's that Vikingstad will be playing for Norway. Feels like that guy has been playing for 30 years at this thing. I don't know if there is a Norwegian hockey hall of fame but he should be a shoo in once his playing days are over.
This is actually only his 2nd one, his Dad played in a bunch though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad