Derek Lee Appreciation Thread

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Wanted to make a separate thread solely for the purpose of applauding Derek Lee for his increasingly great coverage this season. He's providing us with consistent first hand insight and single handily has caught our coverage up with the bulk of the league.

As a lifelong Ducks fan living across the continent, I cannot state how much of a blessing it is, to finally have that type of every day access. There's certainly a lot more to it than just showing up to the rink - he provides quality analysis and grinds away creating further content such as prospect videos. I've been involved in the game for a very long time at various levels and once studied journalism way back in the day. This guy isn't just hard working, he's legitimately good at what he does IMO.

Ducks fans, let's all do our part to support Derek. Follow him on all social media platforms and consider tipping on twitter if possible.

Keeping grinding away Derek, your work is greatly appreciated!

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I found Derek's mom:sarcasm:

I posted this in another thread, but I’ll put it here, too. You can voluntarily tip Derek through Twitter. Obviously no one should feel obligated to do so, but feel free to contribute anything to Derek as a thank you.

And I found Derek:sarcasm:

In all seriousness, he clearly is passionate and cares. We all trash Eric but it always just seemed like a job for Eric, whereas Derek does more then just the bare minimum.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I found Derek's mom:sarcasm:

And I found Derek:sarcasm:

In all seriousness, he clearly is passionate and cares. We all trash Eric but it always just seemed like a job for Eric, whereas Derek does more then just the bare minimum.

Haha honestly I have always wished I lived close enough, as I would have attempted this years ago. But I'm way across the continent in suburban Ottawa (B99 reference) and it's so great to finally have a Ducks insider to follow. Always completed flooded with information on these Canadian teams right down to their breakfast choices, and so out of the loop on my own favourite team.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s nice to have the coverage and get updated from team practice. It’s going to be a wild Ducks off-season. Search for a new coach, Top 3 pick, Z and Terry contracts, draft, and free agency.

Happy he will be covering the Ducks.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal

I’m guessing either anniversary jersey hint or Zegras extension

Edit: this was suppose to go into the jersey thread, but somehow ended up here and I’m too lazy to change it

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad