Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part I

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Imagine if the Devils had Stankoven in the top 6 next to Meier/Nico or Zellweger on the blue line, Stillman will always be ridiculed for that reason alone by this fanbase. Fitz tried finding a Blake Coleman and whiffed tremendously. It also sucked that the Islanders beat the Bruins/Pens in 2021, that pick should've realistically been around the Wallstedt range
stillman ain't no connor chatham tho. always think of him when i see brayden point

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
stillman ain't no connor chatham tho. always think of him when i see brayden point
You know, Chatham wasn't really that much of a reach of a pick based on some pre-draft rankings.

2014 NHL Draft Profile #54: Connor Chatham
NHL Draft Profile: Connor Chatham

"Chatham's ceiling as a player is fairly low, as it's unlikely he develops the offensive ability to become a 30-goal scorer, but he's also a fairly low risk pick. He's not going to get smaller or slower. He'll be a solid third or fourth liner that plays heavy hockey every night, and any offensive production beyond that is gravy."

"Chatham missed the cut-off to be in the 2013 NHL Draft by about six weeks, and that extra year seemed to be a blessing for him. Chatham moved from Omaha of the USHL to play for Plymouth of the OHL, and his stock really rose from a mid-to-late round pick to start the year, to a player expected to go in the first two or three rounds of the draft."

I always viewed is typical late-Lou-era draft incompetency, but I guess I see he was taken right where he was supposed to be?

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad