Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Timo was very clearly the least upset out of the 4 guys (Hughes, Nico and Bratt the other 3) in their first interviews following Ruff's firing. He almost seemed relieved and giddy.

It's very clear there was some sort of disconnect between him and Ruff that I don't believe really existed with Ruff and most of the players.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
“Meier told NJ Advance Media, “Then, really giving me a chance and putting me in spots where I like being — where I feel like I can showcase what I can and trying to help the team have success.”“

Feels like there is some possible shade on his usage earlier this season.

I thought multiple people commented in a GDT that the first game Meier looked like Meier was under Green when it seemed he unlocked both Meier and Palat by putting them on a line...

He's been like a different player since so maybe Green actually can do something right. Cue @Bleedred.

JK I don't believe Green does right things.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

fa92c659d19747077a692104e756f23f.gif

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
Gonna throw out a scenario here. Let’s say Buffalo having Levi coming is open to moving Luukkonen. Especially since he is an RFA with what is said to be a strong arb case if it gets there. If they don’t want to pay him (see mittelstadt), what would you be willing to give up to get him? Is this year’s first on the table if that got it done?
bumping this hypothetical from yesterday..... any thoughts/opinions?

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

He was an .891% goaltender last year despite being a .910% this year. Those are the only two seasons we have where he has started 10 games or more in the NHL so far.

No chance in hell would I be putting this year's first on the table. If he's available, sure kick the tires on the cost, but this year's first? We have no idea which version of him is the real deal.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I thought multiple people commented in a GDT that the first game Meier looked like Meier was under Green when it seemed he unlocked both Meier and Palat by putting them on a line...

He's been like a different player since so maybe Green actually can do something right. Cue @Bleedred.

Timo started looking better when he was healthy

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
So, we were all right? Meier was not being used correctly and Ruff let it go on for the entire season? Unreal.
Yea this coaching staff is second rate AF…that includes Green. It’s nice that he’s done the obvious thing with Timo but it is obvious and he’s nothing more than a blind squirrel who found one nut.

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
He was an .891% goaltender last year despite being a .910% this year. Those are the only two seasons we have where he has started 10 games or more in the NHL so far.

No chance in hell would I be putting this year's first on the table. If he's available, sure kick the tires on the cost, but this year's first? We have no idea which version of him is the real deal.
fair enough

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
So it was obvious enough that this team deserved to have its top goal scorer and a couple of other pieces traded at the deadline…yet they felt obligated to delay shutting Jack down for the season until the very last minute, which will now possibly lead to a very tight timeframe between his recovery and the start of next season.

I f***ing despise how this team is managed.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Gonna throw out a scenario here. Let’s say Buffalo having Levi coming is open to moving Luukkonen. Especially since he is an RFA with what is said to be a strong arb case if it gets there. If they don’t want to pay him (see mittelstadt), what would you be willing to give up to get him? Is this year’s first on the table if that got it done?

I don’t see why Buffalo would move UPL unless they’re tired of his streaky ass.

Levi has another year on his ELC and won’t have arbitration rights as a RFA the following off-season.

UPL has a year left, they have a cheap goalie tandem, there’s no need to break it up.

UPL is real streaky.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Timo was very clearly the least upset out of the 4 guys (Hughes, Nico and Bratt the other 3) in their first interviews following Ruff's firing. He almost seemed relieved and giddy.

It's very clear there was some sort of disconnect between him and Ruff that I don't believe really existed with Ruff and most of the players.

It was easy to tell, reminded me of Palmieri right before he got traded. Abysmal stuff from #21 then.

I'm speculating on this one but I also believe Toffoli taking prime RW duties hurt Mercer's mental/emotional development.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
So it was obvious enough that this team deserved to have its top goal scorer and a couple of other pieces traded at the deadline…yet they felt obligated to delay shutting Jack down for the season until the very last minute, which will now possibly lead to a very tight timeframe between his recovery and the start of next season.

I f***ing despise how this team is managed.

Who knows what is even happening.

“We’ll see” f*** off you shrunken apple head looking dipstick.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016

Isn't it a bad look if Green knew how to utilize Meier but didn't bother to push the subject the entire time?

Or did Ruff think Green was a useless plant and ignored everything Green said?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad