Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
this is fantastic news! it seemed like they were hell-bent on making this kid the modern-day tom borasso, for no apparent reason

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Hopefully he got some good experience in the NHL and a nice list of things to work on at a lower level. I could see him back at the end of the season if he's playing very well and we have an injury (you know we will...)

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Could, but either way this is what the choice should’ve been from the start. And Upie has earned the starts he’s going to get.
Oh I agree it's the right choice but it would be just our luck

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Is there a difference between "loaned" and "assigned" to AHL?

I feel like the usual wording would be "assigned" , so the "loaned" kind of stands out a bit.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012

I feel like the usual wording would be "assigned" , so the "loaned" kind of stands out a bit.
maybe if you have not a two-way contract and just a standard NHL contract you have to be loaned? just a guess.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I fully expect he'll shrug it off, and kill it down there.
I also expect him to play in almost every game that isn't back-to-back, which kind of sucks for Cooley, who looked really great every time I've seen him.

Then again, who cares about Cooley, he's getting paid and can find another team if he's that impressive.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

I think it's just a way of making it clear that he will be back sooner than later, probably aimed at Devon to make him feel better. I don't think you'd use that word with a Clague or Murray-type of player since "loaned" implies they're an NHL player, just maybe not quite yet.

Reactions: Uberpecker

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Longer presser than the HC:

Cool to hear Andy was in communication with him about this.

This is cool - seems like exactly the type of thing Andy is here for.

I only saw the quote about it earlier, but I'm always curious whether this kind of communication is more often a phone call or just texting these days. I guess I hope it's a phone call, seems more appropriate for a convo that is meant to express perspective and empathy.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This is cool - seems like exactly the type of thing Andy is here for.

I only saw the quote about it earlier, but I'm always curious whether this kind of communication is more often a phone call or just texting these days. I guess I hope it's a phone call, seems more appropriate for a convo that is meant to express perspective and empathy.

Levi said the communication from Anderson was a text. The assignment was a meeting with the staff and Levi.

Reactions: HOOats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad