Rumor: Dhaliwal: Edmonton Oilers are strongly after Chris Tanev

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
People are still arguing like Tanev is choosing where is going?

So much wasted time for a topic that is 100% irrelevant.

Nobody thinks Tanev is going to choose his location, however if the values are similar of course they'll take the players wants into consideration.

Also, the Flames have a conditional 3rd on the line if the Canucks make the WCF, but they have to beat the Oilers to do so, so it would make more sense to bet it all on Vancouver as trading to Edmonton could screw them out of a 3rd.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
If I was Calgary I would ask for 2 firsts. So many teams are after him they should get overpayment.
And people would hang up and walk away.

Just because there is a lot of interest it does not mean you can ask for something so ridiculous.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
I love Tanev. To be honest I’d like to see him back in Vancouver next year at a decent deal. He’s a warrior and his teammates love him. I’m curious of his NTC or list. I can’t imagine many guys wanting to play in Edmonton. It’s a dump.

Reactions: Tebowz

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
How bout 0 firsts from Edmonton since we don't want the overrated and oft-injured Tanev at the twilight of his career.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
He’s gonna end up in Vancouver

Cgy loves to trade with them

It’s like two little brothers who need to gang up to take down big bro. It’s super adorable.

Reactions: Dubcity

Bond

May 10, 2012

It’s like two little brothers who need to gang up to take down big bro. It’s super adorable.
I think it’s more the Canucks are the most likely to overpay. Friedman said this morning the Canucks want Tanev and don’t want him going to Edmonton lol

Reactions: Iggys Dome

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
….. uh yes it kinda does?
I hope you don't negotiate for a living.

Having more teams interested doesn't double the price he will go for unless there is a team willing to consider that price. Vancouver doesn't have 2 picks to play with, Edmontons GM doesn't throw 1st rounders away, which takes out the two biggest rumoured suitors. Toronto probably would give one for him, but they have other needs as well and probably don't want to blow their wad on one player if they are going 100% all in this year. Maybe the Flames can get 2 firsts from the Leafs for both Hanafin and Tanev, but for Tanev alone? Highly unlikely. I just don't see any of those teams as interested enough to do multiple 1sts.

Talonted

Dec 9, 2010
Mcdavid likes him so welcome to the Oilers.

“It’s tough to single one out,” said McDavid, whose only goal of the tournament proved to be the gold-medal winner. “I think one that comes to mind is Chris Tanev. He was unbelievable defensively and all over the ice. It was the whole group effort. We had 23 guys who were just amazing.””

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002

As adorable as that older brother who thinks he's cool, but he's really not?

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

We all know that Edmonton is the true little brother in this situation, always a step behind and wanting the shiny toys the other brothers have 😉

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I think it’s more the Canucks are the most likely to overpay. Friedman said this morning the Canucks want Tanev and don’t want him going to Edmonton lol
Anyone that would limit Myers minutes is a welcome addition, especially if it’s them over a divisional rival

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
How bout 0 firsts from Edmonton since we don't want the overrated and oft-injured Tanev at the twilight of his career.
Sorry but media reports say otherwise. I suspect Ken Holland can barely keep it in his pants over the thought of adding Tanev to his top 4 D.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Anyone that would limit Myers minutes is a welcome addition, especially if it’s them over a divisional rival
If we do anything in the playoffs I hope Myers plays a big role, got a soft spot for the guy.

However once we get Tanev, I hope we run 7 D 11 forwards. Have our top 3 Centres double shift.
Kill two birds, strengthen the D and upgrade at 4C

Reactions: Three On Zero

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
The Oilers literally only have 2 interesting pieces in Beau Akey & their 2027 1st (the one after McDavid leaves).

Holland would have to offer that & more in order to justify sending Tanev to that frozen tundra

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
We all know that Edmonton is the true little brother in this situation, always a step behind and wanting the shiny toys the other brothers have 😉
Since Kuzmenko became another sought after player that shunned the oilers they have been bitter towards Vancouver, becoming borderline obsessed since we quite literally broke them.
Not like our team has done much aside from 2011 but at least most posters here are old enough to remember the good times.
Seeing oiler fans flex on the 80's oilers despite being in the ball sac at the time is too funny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad