Injury Report: Drake Batherson Ankle Injury

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
High ankle sprain is bad news. One of those damned things that lingers.

Only bright side here is that Bath is young...hopefully young enough that he can heal this thing properly. And this will sound weird, but I hope the doctors also take a look at his knee and hip on that leg, as well. Sometimes having the ankle go like that also causes strains/tears on the muscles further up the leg....things most folks won't notice (or diagnose) early on. That could contribute to a long recovery time (or incomplete recovery).

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
High ankles linger for a bit...but I guess looking on the brightside, at least it isn't a knee reconstruction.

Reactions: Alex1234

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
All my Dell material is going to garbage this week

I expect everyone to do the same
img_1021.jpg

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

I absolutely was thinking that too.

Once the game was in hand Watson should have run Dell through the end boards. A few taps on the pads and some trash talk just doesn't cut it. If you're going to have a tough guy then he should be cut from the Neil cloth (an actual good player who was tough as nails) or from the Carkner cloth (a slightly unhinged goon who scares people because you don't know what he's going to do). Watson does nothing.

Last edited:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
High ankle sprain better tan ligament tears though at least?

Also side note, at least he won't be pushed to come back early as next year is year 5 of the rebuild?

Reactions: Alex1234

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I absolutely do too.

Once the game was in hand Watson should have run Dell through the end boards. A few taps on the pads and some trash talk just doesn't cut it. If you're going to have a tough guy then he should be cut from the Neil cloth (an actual good player who was tough as nails) or from the Carkner cloth (a slightly unhinged goon who scares people because you don't know what he's going to do). Watson does nothing.

Agreed, I like Watson, I like his game and willingness to play emotionally, but nobody fears Watson and he doesn't do a whole lot outside of talking and smiling. We needed someone to make a sacrifice to make a bold statement that they aren't a team to mess with. We've seen so many soft responses throughout the years, it's annoying.

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
I thought we were building a hard-to-play-against team of high character and gumption? Isn't this why we draft the Tyler Boucher's of this world?

So why did we respond to this cheap shot like we were the Leafs?

Reactions: Cosmix

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I thought we were building a hard-to-play-against team of high character and gumption? Isn't this why we draft the Tyler Boucher's of this world?

So why did we respond to this cheap shot like we were the Leafs?
Goalies are such a grey area. Only ever really seen goalies fight each other and I doubt Murray was fitting to throw down. Might be bad form for a guy like Watson to beat up a (small) goalie like Dell.

Reactions: Yak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad