OT: Eastside Hockey Manager Thread: "We're all better GMs than DW" Edition

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
So Tierney destroys the AHL with like 95 points in 76 AHL games, but then struggles to put up 30 in the NHL while Goldobin who was hot garbage in the AHL puts up a 30 goal season on the 3rd line in the NHL for me. Lol

Yea, that happened to me. It's like 10 years down the road and Tierney topped out as an average 3rd line C and the scouts say that as well, although that may have been because I rushed him. Goldobin's been regularly been putting up 60-70 points for me but he's rated as a skilled 3rd liner.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Oh well, I'm just glad I traded Pavelski+ for Forsberg+. He's a monster on a long term sweetheart contract with me. Plus he revived Thornton into a 20g 80-85a player. Let's me spread my top guys across the lineup.

Karlsson-Thornton-Forsberg
Hertl-McDavid-Kucherov
Nieto-Marleau-Burns
M. Foligno-Tierney-Goldobin

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Lost my second straight finals appearance to TB. Seems like they are unstoppable in this game. Didn't help I had key injuries to Couture and Seabrook, but still got hammered 4-1 after breezing through the first 3 rounds!

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Lost my second straight finals appearance to TB. Seems like they are unstoppable in this game. Didn't help I had key injuries to Couture and Seabrook, but still got hammered 4-1 after breezing through the first 3 rounds!

In my first season TB won the presidents trophy and has Flyers 1st round pick and they were last in the league, but didnt win the lottery

How good is McDavid a few seasons in?

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Sharks have finished the season with 151 points. Two #1 OFDs, one #1 DFD, one #1 defensive center, one #1 offensive center, two star wingers. I dunno how I got them all...yay drafting lol.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
In my first season TB won the presidents trophy and has Flyers 1st round pick and they were last in the league, but didnt win the lottery

How good is McDavid a few seasons in?

So far for me he's topped out at about 95-110 points and able to carry a scrub and a decent player. Forsberg is the real monster here.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Forsberg now:

9RuBnYC.jpg

Huge monstrous growth from last year to this year. Last year he had a ton of 70s and a few 80s. Now he's a ******** of 90s.

I'm guessing having Gretzky, Boudreau and Torts all having really high stats for coaching forwards helped. But I have no clue.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Forsberg now:

9RuBnYC.jpg

Huge monstrous growth from last year to this year. Last year he had a ton of 70s and a few 80s. Now he's a ******** of 90s.

I'm guessing having Gretzky, Boudreau and Torts all having really high stats for coaching forwards helped. But I have no clue.
Insane. At age 22, his abilities are better than my prime aged players.

omsj.gif

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
On the flipside Marleau is tanking hard. His speed has dropped to low 80s and his bravery tanked to 40 lmao.

Once the speed drops into the 50s, my stars fall off pretty hard. Happened to Pavs, and now it's happening to Couture.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Biggest surprise in my game has been Tolchinsky so far. Really good player that came over from Carolina for Stalock. Looking forward to putting him and Nichushkin together next season, and hopefully winning it all finally.

t0rr15.jpg

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I can't help but imagine that Kyle Dubas is gonna GM Toronto like we GM EHM teams and just wreck the rest of the league.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think I may have figured out how to draft right. Too many promising prospects. Not enough space for them. Anticipation is your friend. Goalies still hard to find.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
How do you hire/fire assistants/scouts/etc.?

Under more actions for the specific person when you go to Sharks -> Personnel you can offer a new contract or terminate the contract (aka fire them). Hiring is just searching their names on the search bar the top and setting the filter to non-players then on their page its more actions and offer contract.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
You can also right click to bring up some options including contacts on the personnel list

To search for personnel you hit the scout tab in the front office menu and then hit search staff, best to sort be rep

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Woohoo! Won the cup! Awesome run too, went full 93 Canadiens going 8 for 8 in OT including game 7 of the first round against the Flames, a 5th overtime win against the Ducks where Vlasic logged 74 minutes and winning the Cup against the Hurricanes in game 6 OT at home on a goal by Couture

Roster has only 6 current Sharks

ehmscw_zpsxveyvn27.png

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I swear, I feel like I'm the only guy that tried to keep everybody together. I guess it helps that I'm apparently a coaching god but still. It kinda bummed me out when I eventually traded Burns and he went on to have 8 more perfectly good years even though it seemed like he was done at 33.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad