Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 4 - BRUINS head home with a 3-1 series lead.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Was going to save this for the pre game thread, but will repost....

I already have game 5 figured out
Bruins lead 2-1
Toronto pulls goalie
Bruins score empty net goal 3-1
Toronto scores with 10 seconds left 3-2
Bruins win 3-2

Oh by the way, the empty net goal was scored by number 1
so not only does Sway beat them 4 times, he scores the series clinching game winning goal

that will royally piss them off

Last edited:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I really wonder how close Brazeau is to playing? Is he practicing with the team etc?
The last update on Brazeau was six days ago. I haven't seen another update since

“I don’t know exactly, but I would say Round 2,” Montgomery responded when asked about the best-case scenario for Brazeau, per the Bruins.

Brazeau skated with the group throughout the last week and did so again before Game 2 against the Toronto Maple Leafs at TD Garden on Monday.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
The Leafs were so enamored with signing all their pretty boys that they had no money left for the sandpaper. There’s only one puck.
I mean, they have sandpaper guys. Domi and Bertuzzi are scrappy players who can score as well. They got Reeves and have had Simmonds and Reilly and Foligno in the past. The problem is, the trio think that is those guy's jobs, that they don't have to get dirty themselves. There is not a team buy-in more than a game or two. Like, game 2, I thought Toronto top to bottom played a gritty game. But that was it. Game 3 and especially 4, they wanted no part of it.

It's a team sport, and you need all the guys pulling from the same end of the rope to make it work.

Anyways, let's put them away in Game 5 and rest up for the war with Florida. The only time I remember them putting a series away in game 5 was Detroit when they harassed Reilly Smith's brother. Otherwise, lots of L's in there.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I mean, they have sandpaper guys. Domi and Bertuzzi are scrappy players who can score as well. They got Reeves and have had Simmonds and Reilly and Foligno in the past. The problem is, the trio think that is those guy's jobs, that they don't have to get dirty themselves. There is not a team buy-in more than a game or two. Like, game 2, I thought Toronto top to bottom played a gritty game. But that was it. Game 3 and especially 4, they wanted no part of it.

It's a team sport, and you need all the guys pulling from the same end of the rope to make it work.

Anyways, let's put them away in Game 5 and rest up for the war with Florida. The only time I remember them putting a series away in game 5 was Detroit when they harassed Reilly Smith's brother. Otherwise, lots of L's in there.
Donny should swoop in get Marner at 50 % retained

Bring him here and let Marshy take him under his wing - show him how to play the right way and what it’s like to be a Bruins

Donny save Mitch !!!!

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I really wonder how close Brazeau is to playing? Is he practicing with the team etc?

Where would you even stick him? Sit Beecher?

Marner has been playing with a high ankle sprain. Surprised the media doesn't talk about it more often.

Marner's game is all about skating and absolutely elite edgework. He has no edgework on his blades because of that sprain.

Not making excuses for him, but the Leafs team has much bigger issues to deal with.

JVR and Maroon are playing without edgework too :sarcasm:

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Marner has been playing with a high ankle sprain. Surprised the media doesn't talk about it more often.

Marner's game is all about skating and absolutely elite edgework. He has no edgework on his blades because of that sprain.

Not making excuses for him, but the Leafs team has much bigger issues to deal with.
Which ankle? Because that left one (and his edgework) looked fine to me on that goal he scored last night....

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I would like to see Nylander on the Bruins, he at least gets it. Marner is too soft in my eyes.
Agree but Marner at rock bottom

Toronto retains half and get Mitch to learn from Brad how to be a winner

Maybe Bergy takes him out to the 99 for lunch as well

Marner is Middleton like talent - Donny needs to get out his magic corn

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Loved Lohrei fearlessly pinching when Reaves was trying to exit the zone. And that move by JVR was sublime.

It's not all on Samsonov, but he seems to be reading shot too early and the Bs are picking up on it. JVR deked him, and he was way out on top of the crease for Marchand's PP goal. It was a bad angle, but a yawning cage nonetheless.

Loved the defeated body language on Reaves after JVR scored, and Domi during his skate of shame after the PP goal. Those two have actually been more noticeable than the stars on the Leafs, and goals against go along way toward neutralizing them.

The Bs thus far have shown they learned some lessons from last year's playoff debacle. But the biggest lesson is still to see - close it out at home, in five.

Nice post

On your last comment it reminded me, the way Marchand has been playing I just can’t help but think it goes all the way back to game 5 against Florida, knowing Marchand the way he is and he’s captain this year, he probably thinks “game was on my stick”

It’s a game of inches and he’s determined to make it work out differently this time around.

8 points in 4 games

Reactions: Aeroforce and lopey

BB79

Apr 30, 2011

Mentions the high ankle sprain and some realistic lip reading that may in fact not be to Marner but to Matthews.

Now someone needs to figure out what Keefe said to Matthews, and what Matthews was saying to Nylander when he was looking his way. Shame there's not a better camera angle.

"Austin, how's your stomach doing? Those hot dogs I fed you were my mother's recipe from 1890"

"Fine coach.."

"Hey Willy, you got a Tums, my stomach feels like crap. Coach gave me bad hot dogs, I told him I didn't want relish too. I think I'm gonna get sick.."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad