GDT: ECQF: Game 4 - New York Rangers @ Washington Capitals, 8pm ET (TBS, MSG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
lavi has pushed a lot of the right buttons.. would love to see him throw 93 between 50 and 24 and 91 with 21 and 26.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
lol at Joe blaming that goal on a bad line change when we had 3 men back
Most of our guys just spent a long shift in our end. Only got the puck to the red line. Guy was fresh off the bench. Our guys had no legs. 2nd periods, you need to get that puck deeper. Mika changed because he was useless with no legs. The other guys proved that they had no legs either.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
You guys pumped Panarin all season to where he put up career highs in goals and points, and now you're taking him down, all the while I knew deep down he was gonna wither in the playoffs but you pumped my tires to the point where I am confident about him heading into the postseason and now you've pulled a fast fat on one me. Shame on you. Shame on me for believing.
... and @will1066, tears streaking his face, sought the comfort of Emily's embrace

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Panarin being a "permiter player" isn't an issue by itself. It becomes an issue when it's defended tighter in the playoffs (both in effort and what's allowed), and he doesn't get enough support from the other 4 guys.

Panarin's problem isn't even that he's a perimeter player. There are plenty of Perimeter players who have done great work in the playoffs.

His problem is that he has no mental toughness and that the second the playoffs start and something doesn't go his way he gets all domed up and starts doing stupid shit. He doesn't reset and use his line mates, he turns into the ultimate prayer pass dispenser if he even gets deep enough into the OZ to attempt one. His game would greatly benefit if he just took a breath, handed it off and just worked to get open and get the puck back instead of trying to complete low percentage passes with an incredible high grade of difficulty.

This is a guy who cleared his previous SOG total by more than 100 and his attempts on net by almost 250. He just got his first SOG in 8 periods with like 3 minutes to go in the last period (and it was a weak one.) He's had chances to shoot and get quality shots (see: 2 on 1 in the 1st where he just decided to drag it into the middle of the ice and get stripped) but he either f***s them up via doing too much or just misses the net completely.

The difference today as opposed to games 2 and 3 is that Kreider and Zibanejad haven't been good either. Can't expect them to carry the team every night to off set the zero we're getting from mr 11.6 million.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I feel like I’m in a toxic relationship with Panarin.

During the regular season he's taking me out to nice restaurants. My friends are all calling him a catch. We've had serious talks about adopting a dog. The good stuff.

As soon as the playoffs start I bring him to dinner to meet my parents and he's picking his nose and eating it and telling my dad about how he wants to quit his job to try and make money performing slam poetry.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
TEAR IT ALL DOWN!

What's the difference between the Rangers and the Blue Jackets? Shirts!

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Kreider usually responds when he has a terrible period. Come on big guy.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Panarin's problem isn't even that he's a perimeter player. There are plenty of Perimeter players who have done great work in the playoffs.

His problem is that he has no mental toughness and that the second the playoffs start and something doesn't go his way he gets all domed up and starts doing stupid shit. He doesn't reset and use his line mates, he turns into the ultimate prayer pass dispenser if he even gets deep enough into the OZ to attempt one. His game would greatly benefit if he just took a breath, handed it off and just worked to get open and get the puck back instead of trying to complete low percentage passes with an incredible high grade of difficulty.

This is a guy who cleared his previous SOG total by more than 100 and his attempts on net by almost 250. He just got his first SOG in 8 periods with like 3 minutes to go in the last period (and it was a weak one.) He's had chances to shoot and get quality shots (see: 2 on 1 in the 1st where he just decided to drag it into the middle of the ice and get stripped) but he either f***s them up via doing too much or just misses the net completely.

The difference today as opposed to games 2 and 3 is that Kreider and Zibanejad haven't been good either. Can't expect them to carry the team every night to off set the zero we're getting from mr 11.6 million.
Author!!!!

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
You guys pumped Panarin all season to where he put up career highs in goals and points, and now you're taking him down, all the while I knew deep down he was gonna wither in the playoffs but you pumped my tires to the point where I am confident about him heading into the postseason and now you've pulled a fast fat on one me. Shame on you. Shame on me for believing.

If Lavi was fine with the Panarin - Tro- Laf line playing gung ho hockey and creating chances and giving up chances both ways in the regular season he can't go back on that now that the playoffs have started. You fix that during the regular season or not at all. Now that line looks like sh*t with nobody skating or finding each other.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
dudes take a step back from the ledge here. Team has earned some belief.

id love to see bread go full marchand here but the truth is the production could come from anyone. It's on the team to play their structured game and take advantage of the caps desperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad