Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
It’s funny when you see Leaf fans posting in here with their usual trash takes.

View attachment 871006
The universe is more in balance again. Leafers jumping onto the Bs wagon was causing a disturbance.

I thought once it was 2-1 Florida got better and better. I’m shocked they never got another. Bruins were just barely hanging on down the stretch

This was more of what i expected all series. I still don’t think Boston can hold off Florida very long. Once they get going they don’t stop pouring it on
Rhino looked snake bitten. And Swayman doing his thing.

Reactions: TD Charlie

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
ZDyb4l0.gif

EG2YZeQ.gif

Strangle

May 4, 2009
great game by bruins.. tons of heart.,.. biggest loss is we can't use that face punch meme...

We shall see if the panthers can do the hard thing and thats close the series..

surprised we don't have an OT yet.... maybe game 6

Bruins better without Marchand? Is Brad holding the team back?

Just like Matthews with the Leafs back in that series thread? Lol

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
FLA strategy to get in the heads of the Bruins has also transfered over to the fans. Crazy that so ,much talk is about the reffing and hockey players being rough, when the on-ice play has so heavily favored FLA.

Yes, Bennett should have been suspended, especially given that Soucy got suspended. DoPS is inconsistent. No argument. Would Bennett being suspended and/or Marchand being in the last game make a difference in the outcome of the series? Not a chance.

FLA is more talented and tougher than the Bruins. Same could be said for the 2011 Bruins, when so many opposing fans were whining about the refs and the thuggish nature of the Bruins. Bruins fans loved it when their team was the hammer instead lf the nail. The hammer wins Cups. The nails make excuses,

Recall that it was Aaron Rome of Vancouver who threw the series biggest hit knocking Horton out. And other than the Sedins, the canucks were largely happy to play chippy and physical hockey.

That the bruins were big and strong and physical is true.

I don’t recall a bruin cheap shotting a Canuck and knocking him out of the game. Calling out Bennett for his punch that concussed marchand isn’t an excuse…it’s what happened.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Recall that it was Aaron Rome of Vancouver who threw the series biggest hit knocking Horton out. And other than the Sedins, the canucks were largely happy to play chippy and physical hockey.

That the bruins were big and strong and physical is true.

I don’t recall a bruin cheap shotting a Canuck and knocking him out of the game. Calling out Bennett for his punch that concussed marchand isn’t an excuse…it’s what happened.
The hit on Horton was freaking brutal.
Didn’t the Bs return the favor on Raymond(?), broken back or something? Early in Game 7(?). Idk iirc

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
The hit on Horton was freaking brutal.
Didn’t the Bs return the favor on Raymond(?), broken back or something? Early in Game 7(?). Idk iirc

Game 6. Was a very awkward hit for sure. Raymond was bent over and got crunched into the boards backwards. Not sure how dirty it was though.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Game 6. Was a very awkward hit for sure. Raymond was bent over and got crunched into the boards backwards. Not sure how dirty it was though.
It was boarding, or not? I don’t really remember anymore. I remember that seemed to suck all the life out of the ‘nucks, though.

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
:dunno: because I don’t become an emotional head case over things that happen to my team on the ice. And because I realize you can not look at a bang-bang play in super slo-mo and still frames and base judgements off of them. :sarcasm:
If this is about Bennett/Marchand it doesn’t take slo-mo to acknowledge what happened.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Amazing what can happen when both teams play by the same set of rules, eh? Methinks the league had a talk with the series supervisor who subsequently had a talk with the teams. Last thing the league needs is to have Bennett concuss another Bruin. Mind you he still has two more games so.

Reactions: Over the volcano
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad