Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Did I? Pointing out that Boston got a more favorable whistle and leaving it at that isn't complaining. I don't think that the refs had an impact on the game. Panthers didn't put up a good enough effort and let Boston grind out a 2-1 win. Simple as that.

Favorable whistle? How about the 1st period when the official stopped play in the offensive zone to ask Bobrovsky if his shoulder was surviving?

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Amazing what can happen when both teams play by the same set of rules, eh? Methinks the league had a talk with the series supervisor who subsequently had a talk with the teams. Last thing the league needs is to have Bennett concuss another Bruin. Mind you he still has two more games so.

Still not even with the incessant Florida embellishment. It needs to be called.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Favorable whistle? How about the 1st period when the official stopped play in the offensive zone to ask Bobrovsky if his shoulder was surviving?
and you got the coin flip Goalie interference call, were only called for one penalty instead of two on the too many men and tripping penalty. We can do this all day if you really want to try and play the ref victim again.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
and you got the coin flip Goalie interference call, were only called for one penalty instead of two on the too many men and tripping penalty. We can do this all day if you really want to try and play the ref victim again.
Nah. Good goal. Big bob was beat clean

Don't worry though, I'm sure Florida will continue to go down insanely easy to draw a few more calls that you can cheer about.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
If both teams could lose that would be best. Seeing Boston lose three in a row in the garden would be epic.

• Haha
Reactions: Just Rude

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The way he fell to his knees and totally losing his crease must’ve made the ref think that shot knocked him silly. Idk, that was strange.
it was really strange. I thought maybe his mask was about ready to come off or something, as that seems to happen a ton these days. Then I thought maybe he took a puck to the throat?

You can understand some frustration when it turns out there is literally nothing wrong and play just stopped for no reason like that. One of the more random stoppages I've ever seen.

If both teams could lose that would be best. Seeing Boston lose three in a row in the garden would be epic.
It's not a game 7, so maybe that helps? No way to tell. They have been dogshit at home this post season

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I don't know that I've ever seen play stopped because a goalie made a routine save
Bob making that save like
tenor-1766187992.gif

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
With the rabbit punch on Marchand, and some controversial goalie interference calls both ways in consecutive games, this series was doomed to create a lot of fan bickering.
Same as every other series I think. The trouble makers are the trouble makers, the contrarians continue their ways, and the others just kinda go back and forth agreeing and disagreeing with the opposing teams crew.

Same variety in every bunch

Bob making that save likeView attachment 871147
To be fair, I wish he hadn’t made the save lol

• Haha
Reactions: BB79

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Nah. Good goal. Big bob was beat clean

Don't worry though, I'm sure Florida will continue to go down insanely easy to draw a few more calls that you can cheer about.
It's weird that we are now divers... this is new. i don't like it anymore than you do. are we really though or is it just a few bad actors

On a different note law of averages...

Couple posts last night.. calls missed etc... Truely felt like karma a bit.. although panthers effort was game 1 ish

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Recall that it was Aaron Rome of Vancouver who threw the series biggest hit knocking Horton out. And other than the Sedins, the canucks were largely happy to play chippy and physical hockey.

That the bruins were big and strong and physical is true.

I don’t recall a bruin cheap shotting a Canuck and knocking him out of the game. Calling out Bennett for his punch that concussed marchand isn’t an excuse…it’s what happened.

The bruins hurt players with illegal plays that don’t get called all the time, with cheap shots

Just look at this one on Matthews that took him out of the lineup in round 1

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It's weird that we are now divers... this is new. i don't like it anymore than you do. are we really though or is it just a few bad actors

On a different note law of averages...

Couple posts last night.. calls missed etc... Truely felt like karma a bit.. although panthers effort was game 1 ish
that's the key. Officiating has been pretty shitty across the board, but ultimately the better team has won each game this series. No matter how we feel about the calls from game to game, the better team is 5 for 5.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Bruins better without Marchand? Is Brad holding the team back?

Just like Matthews with the Leafs back in that series thread? Lol
First Bruins PO win w\o any 2011 player.

It wouldn't be a complete season without the Bruins being eliminated in front of their fans, so I fully expect a 2-0 loss tomorrow. Goal midway through the third followed by an empty netter.

It wouldn't be a complete season without the Bruins being eliminated in front of their fans, so I fully expect a 2-0 loss tomorrow. Goal midway through the third followed by an empty netter.
Two bad for u there is no game tomorrow.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Recall that it was Aaron Rome of Vancouver who threw the series biggest hit knocking Horton out. And other than the Sedins, the canucks were largely happy to play chippy and physical hockey.

That the bruins were big and strong and physical is true.

I don’t recall a bruin cheap shotting a Canuck and knocking him out of the game. Calling out Bennett for his punch that concussed marchand isn’t an excuse…it’s what happened.
Don't bother because I dusted him yesterday and threw him out of the club Gronk style...lol.

Reactions: DKH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad