Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Read from a few posters that the NHL is doing this to save face and I think it makes sense. Marchand gets KO'd with that punch and is obviously concussed. League allows him to play for almost 2 more periods, creating a bigger risk. If they suspended Bennett, it would have been an open admission of negligence as they concede the fact that Marcand is concussed due to Bennett hit and he was not penalized for it and Marchand was allowed to keep playing. That's why we did not see the other angle until yesterday. Having a concussion/CTE lawsuit down the line is a far bigger issue to deal with than just sweeping this under the rug and dealing with the backlash that will die down in a few days. Basically both the refs and the concussion spotter f*cked up big time so they had to double down
THIS.

and the video is out now.

Sweeney asked for accountability from the NHL. Put Paros in front of the mic. I concur!

Reactions: BTO

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
This is my question as well, to all fans on here who aren't pissed. It seems like the league has made the front office cower and be soft, then that translates to Monty who follows suit, then the players follow suit and then a certain 25 fans on the other side of this opinion as like "well they did better than we thought" so all is well and nothing to see here. Where is the passion anymore.
I'm sure Management has contractual language in their contracts prohibiting it.
League would probably be willing to sue anyone who goes against them, including its players.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Read from a few posters that the NHL is doing this to save face and I think it makes sense. Marchand gets KO'd with that punch and is obviously concussed. League allows him to play for almost 2 more periods, creating a bigger risk. If they suspended Bennett, it would have been an open admission of negligence as they concede the fact that Marcand is concussed due to Bennett hit and he was not penalized for it and Marchand was allowed to keep playing. That's why we did not see the other angle until yesterday. Having a concussion/CTE lawsuit down the line is a far bigger issue to deal with than just sweeping this under the rug and dealing with the backlash that will die down in a few days. Basically both the refs and the concussion spotter f*cked up big time so they had to double down
What happens when you have lawyers running the show.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The crosscheck wasn't intended to be to the face. But yes, Vancouver sent a message that they won't stand for it. Would be nice to have players like that on the Bruins. Verbally the Bruins are all for one and one for all, then they hit the ice and cower. They can take this into their own hands but don't. Their ok with being punked
Jacobs does not want players like that. I don't put all of this on Don Sweeney. If the order from above from Jacobs to assess the type of player, not prioritizing nice gentlemanly players (talented assholes) things may shift back.
They signed Mitch Miller and that made the Jacobs double down on Sweeney to make sure he doesn't f*** up again like that and get loose cannons and dipshits like Miller. Sweeney is rightfully doing what he's ordered to do to save his high paying job. He's intelligent and doing the best he can with the constraints handed down from the owners.
I've been an A-hole in blaming Sweeney, and in thinking about it further, if I were Don Sweeney I may do the same. Keep getting VERY likeable players who excel during the season, but haven't got the stomach to be the nasty vicious bastards that you have to be if you expect to go all the way.
Added to that he keeps the Jacobs family fortune going strong.
Mission Accomplished!

Reactions: KWbruin

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
What happens when you have lawyers running the show.
In every facet of life today. It's horrible. I have a client who is an attorney for a pharmaceutical company. She helps write the commercials and the warnings of side effects that may happen. I had a conversation with her in her palatial mansion (okay slight exaggeration). She is well paid to soften the potential to tell you that it may "cause death." Sweet, high paying gig.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
The only chance I give the Bruins if all this backlash causes the refs to call everything on Florida and nothing on Boston tomorrow. Win that on special teams and come back to Boston 3-2.

Maybe game 6 Swayman steals with a 39 save on 40 shot performance and you head back down south beach with a 3-3 series where anything can happen .

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Can we trade Sweeney to the canadiens so the canadiens can make the playoffs every year and we can beat the piss out of soft Don Sweeney constructed teams each year?
I'll bet he'd build a Stanley Cup winner there. He's "just following orders."

The only chance I give the Bruins if all this backlash causes the refs to call everything on Florida and nothing on Boston tomorrow. Win that on special teams and come back to Boston 3-2.

Maybe game 6 Swayman steals with a 39 save on 40 shot performance and you head back down south beach with a 3-3 series where anything can happen .
The NHLoL doesn't seem to care that the optics of it all stinks. They know that their true fans will always come back for more abuse. We're in love. We can't see the reality that the league is what it is. It's like being married to a cheater, when you're in love you want to believe the lies. Voice of experience.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Can’t wait to watch it!
I`ll listen every now and then at work, in spite of not being a huge fan of any of them, they do sometimes provide some laughs while at work in the afternoons, the host , Bryan Hayes seemed at a loss for words trying to describe the inconsistency

Reactions: Gordoff and BTO

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

please no.
id rather them lose tomorrow in 5 then torture us with another game 7 loss.
I want them to play dirty tomorrow and lose. Ive had enough this season. They keep making the same mistakes every damn game,

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Based on what? At 5v5 in these playoff the Bruins when Lauko on the ice have been....

Outshot: 25 to 12
Out-Chanced: 23 to 8
Out-HD Chanced: 11 to 4

I mean sure it looks great when his motor is going and he's flying around. Don't get me wrong, I like Lauko, but I'm just not sure how I could argue that he's been more effective than Maroon.
Paulo have any better # than any top 6 guys?

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Bruins had plenty of opportunities to lengthen the lead before any of this **** happened

The refs and the league blow but we could have helped ourselves tremendously with scoring on the three clean brake ins.

Unfortunately I have seen nothing from this series that tells me the Bruins will be back in Boston playing a game, it will be to pack up.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Going to be hard for the bruins to get calls. Considering most penalties happen in the defensive zone, as offensive zone penalties are much more rare…

That would require the Bruins to actually possess the puck in the offensive zone.
Which is indeed a rare scenario in this series.

Reactions: NeelyOrr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad