Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Wow!

That kind of hits……hard.

I consider myself to be as even keeled as anyone about Sweeney. I didn’t like him as a player at all and was very lukewarm to his hiring.

With that being said, I give him full credit for a job well done overall.

I place a lot of the blame for last year on Monty and the players.

This year, I think he did an excellent job putting together a team that is better than most expected.

With that being said, I’m really frustrated at his lack of fire in todays presser.

I mean why even bother if that’s what you’re going to say?

He’d have been better off not holding one….that way, at least a portion of the fans could convince themselves that he is seething as much as most of us are and he’s not talking out of fear of saying something he can’t take back.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
You realize the danger to any player with a rabbit shot to the temple area? That's as dirty as it gets and absolutely deserves a game.

They scored two in the third and it would have been a game at 3-2.

except bruins never scored again and florida ended up winning 6-2 and would have been 5-2 if you took away the power play goal.

If Bennett gets a penalty (deservedly so) instead of the tying goal, there's a good chance the B's win ....and this series is tied

So, last night in the 3rd period alone I'd say it was more like 70-30 on the refs

The bruins lost 6-2. One changed penalty isn’t changing a 6-2 game.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
except bruins never scored again and florida ended up winning 6-2 and would have been 5-2 if you took away the power play goal.

No one knows what would have happened, not me and not you.

Reactions: lopey

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
If I punched an unsuspecting person I can do major damage trust me.Bennett did that to two different players and both times put them out of lineups.He should have been suspended it's a head shot to unsuspecting opponents. Its in rules.It don't say it has to be elbow or shoulder.Rule 48.1 u can look.

Except Marchand didn’t get knocked out of the game by Bennett he stayed in until a collision later on with Lundell.

No one knows what would have happened, not me and not you.

Very true but the odds of one play changing the outcome of a 6-2 game are so remotely small it’s not even worth considering.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

Last night's game was 3-2

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Except Marchand didn’t get knocked out of the game by Bennett he stayed in until a collision later on with Lundell.
Yea well that is Trainer and leagues fault because he was out on his feet going to bench .Regardless he got a head shot and never saw it coming.The fact Sam did it to Knies last playoffs should have set off alarm bells + he is a repeat offender.This reeks of something beyond rules because NHL held back other video with better angles for 2 days.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Very true but the odds of one play changing the outcome of a 6-2 game are so remotely small it’s not even worth considering.
He was clearly concussed by Bennett, literally out on his feet trying to stumble to bench. He should have been pulled right there.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Seeing the video of the Sweeney presser instead of just audio from earlier he did look pissed. I'm assuming he's more pissed off at the officials and the league than the media, it's just the media was the one to face his anger

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
1715639409988.png

Reactions: goflyakite

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I miss the days when we used to bully teams and opposing teams fan bases would be crying about the refs and how physical other teams are.

Now we are the Vancouver canucks of the world

Reactions: capecodder

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Wow!

That kind of hits……hard.

I consider myself to be as even keeled as anyone about Sweeney. I didn’t like him as a player at all and was very lukewarm to his hiring.

With that being said, I give him full credit for a job well done overall.

I place a lot of the blame for last year on Monty and the players.

This year, I think he did an excellent job putting together a team that is better than most expected.

With that being said, I’m really frustrated at his lack of fire in todays presser.

I mean why even bother if that’s what you’re going to say?

He’d have been better off not holding one….that way, at least a portion of the fans could convince themselves that he is seething as much as most of us are and he’s not talking out of fear of saying something he can’t take back.

Sweeney treats press conferences like a chore. He never has anything useful or interesting to say. The only heat he ever shows is in sniping at the media. So this was par for the course.

Which isn't to say that he and Cam aren't privately irrate. Perhaps they are, perhaps not, they'll never tell us. The fan base gets to watch and hand over money. That's as far as it goes. Management feel no obligation to keep us in the loop or share our passions and frustrations.

Which isn't to say that management straight up don't care and are aloof in their ivory tower. They do some fantastic charity work and the like. But when it comes to the hockey itself, it's strictly their business.

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
And what percentage of fault do you put on the bruins and what percent on the refs because I’m about 95% bruins self inflicted wounds and 5% refs
Last nights game? At least over 50% league/refs lol when you consider the no GI call leading to a goal was scored by someone who shouldn’t even be playing in the series anymore and that it was a PP goal when our best PKer is out because of said player.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I miss the days when we used to bully teams and opposing teams fan bases would be crying about the refs and how physical other teams are.

Now we are the Vancouver canucks of the world
No one is as bad as Vancouver. Two losses two riots...lol.

Sweeney treats press conferences like a chore. He never has anything useful or interesting to say. The only heat he ever shows is in sniping at the media. So this was par for the course.

Which isn't to say that he and Cam aren't privately irrate. Perhaps they are, perhaps not, they'll never tell us. The fan base gets to watch and hand over money. That's as far as it goes. Management feel no obligation to keep us in the loop or share our passions and frustrations.

Which isn't to say that management straight up don't care and are aloof in their ivory tower. They do some fantastic charity work and the like. But when it comes to the hockey itself, it's strictly their business.
They literally make millions and will provide for their grandchildren. They ain't rocking any boats for us...lol.

Reactions: capecodder

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Last nights game? At least over 50% league/refs lol when you consider the no GI call leading to a goal was scored by someone who shouldn’t even be playing in the series anymore and that it was a PP goal when our best PKer is out because of said player.

It’s was 2-2 after that and bruins folded like a bunch of babies and had 2 shots in the 3rd period.

They weren’t winning that game even if that goal got disallowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad