BRUINS GDT ECSF GAME 5 7:11 PM - AGAINST ALL ODDS - ESPN, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Sunrise leads series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
No Sweeney wont go this route. He’s actually going the opposite route. Management is telling montgomery to keep his mouth shut and the team not to take penalties.

Gutless organization fully neutering the coaches and players.
By what we've seen in this series there all geldings now. At least you can put a hot potato under a gelding's tail to get him pissed off.

• Haha
Reactions: BMC and KWbruin

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Frederic has that covered, but they're still not going to accept a fight with him. He was right there when Bennett pulled Lindholm away and Tkachuk bailed on everyone.

Frederic has 1 assist and 2 shots on goal in 4 games against the Panthers. He's not worth the time or effort. Florida is better off with him on the ice.

Reactions: Zillah

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
While I would like Boston to continue to win I honestly don't think it makes sense since they won't get into the Cup Round.
I understand that many fans are disheartened and it leads to this kind of fatalistic, defeatist attitude, but I say keep winning as long as you can because you never know what the road ahead offers. Bobrovski pulls a muscle, Tkachuk gets injured. Pasta has a break-out game. Or just sheer puck luck goes your way. Go as far as you can and the hockey gods allow!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think as the years go by it seems younger players view the physical part of hockey as “uncomfortable”. It’s something they’ll do if they absolutely have to but they’d rather score goals, stick check, and use just enough body contact to dislodge the puck if they must.

I was at some ECHL games this year and the lack of hitting or body contact is very noticeable. Because there was practically none. Keep in mind all of these players are in their early-to-mid 20s.

There was fighting, but basically no hitting.

But I did notice how well everyone skated. Almost all of them were NHL caliber skaters. These guys could fly. Sometimes I think now with the high speed of the game younger players avoid body contact because both guys are moving so fast that the impact could be catastrophic for either party.

Then factor in strict rules for head contact in IIHF events (no grey area) and rules in USA Hockey that any check has to be stick on puck first (almost eliminating "finishing your check"), what you see in the NHL now is the result. And you now see a lot of players who don't know when to brace for contact, how to avoid putting yourself in dangerous spots, and play the game anticipating not being hit. Hitting is down, yet the game is more dangerous IMO.

Guys like Bennett and Tkachuk thrive in this current environment. No accountability among their own teammates. No respect for their opponent. Won't fight so unless you jump them, no real fear their face caved in. And very little chance anyone will make them pay the price with a big hit or even a dirty hit with body-checking being weeded out of the sport one year at a time. They became the big fish in the small pond of physicality, aggressiveness, and dirt by default.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
June when she sees Tkachuk's stupid face with his mouthguard hanging out:

june1.jpg

June when Pasta scores a hatty later tonight:

june2.jpg

LET'S GO BOYS

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I was at some ECHL games this year and the lack of hitting or body contact is very noticeable. Because there was practically none. Keep in mind all of these players are in their early-to-mid 20s.

But I did notice how well everyone skated. Almost all of them were NHL caliber skaters. These guys could fly. Sometimes I think now with the high speed of the game younger players avoid body contact because both guys are moving so fast that the impact could be catastrophic for either party.

Then factor in strict rules for head contact in IIHF events (no grey area) and rules in USA Hockey that any check has to be stick on puck first (almost eliminating "finishing your check"), what you see in the NHL now is the result. And you now see a lot of players who don't know when to brace for contact, how to avoid putting yourself in dangerous spots, and play the game anticipating not being hit. Hitting is down, yet the game is more dangerous IMO.

Guys like Bennett and Tkachuk thrive in this current environment. No accountability among their own teammates. No respect for their opponent. Won't fight so unless you jump them, no real fear their face caved in. And very little chance anyone will make them pay the price with a big hit or even a dirty hit with body-checking being weeded out of the sport one year at a time. They became the big fish in the small pond of physicality, aggressiveness, and dirt by default.
This is spot on. With the advent of in line these kids are on skates 10 months a year and aren't interested in gooning it up.

You will always get a couple of physical guys but it used to be 8-9 guys.
Don't ever want to see shit like Bennett's aagain. That has nothing to do with sports.

Reactions: BruinDust

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019

Bring back the redline.

Reactions: BruinDust

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Frederic has 1 assist and 2 shots on goal in 4 games against the Panthers. He's not worth the time or effort. Florida is better off with him on the ice.
We could come up with excuses all day long for why they won't fight, in the end it's because they just aren't that team.

Maybe they'll dress someone who would but their current roster on ice isn't about it.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I have about 6 or 7 Bruins hats from across the years and have been wearing a different one each day at work. This one is up for tonight, unbeaten in this years playoffs. Just for luck ... it's 30+ years old from the late 1980s. Anyone remember it?
20240514_141232.jpg
20240514_140845.jpg

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I just pray that they win tonight. Losing 4 in a row and just getting slapped around along the way to end the series would feel awful.

Show some life please
Feels like the old Tampa series losses kinda.

I made plans for Friday in an attempt to double jinx the Bruins into winning. I will be somewhere I can't check the scores, so they will assuredly win to drive me nuts

We are the 2011 Vancouver Canucks...just getting rag dolled all over the ice and taking it.
Barkov turned down Marchand and Coyle. Bennett turned down Frederic 100 times. Tkachuk turned down Maroon. OEL turned down McAvoy. There is only so much they can do. 3-0 10 minutes left game 3 was the time to not be nice, but other than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad