BRUINS GDT ECSF GAME 5 7:11 PM - AGAINST ALL ODDS - ESPN, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Sunrise leads series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I agree and do not see a positive result coming the Bruins way tonight. They just are not good enough, like it or not. They just do not have the offensive tools to compete against the Cats as shown by the shots per game.
An aggressive forcheck is a style of play the Bruins just can’t seem to adjust against,Toronto did the same thing after game 4 , which isn’t their style of play and the Bruins couldn’t do hardly anything to combat it , and Sweeney said they don’t play a shooting style of game ,this isn’t just about a lack of talent ,it’s about a style of game and an inability to adapt.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
The NHL literally allowed him to get away with rabbit punching Marchand in the temple. Concussing him, how f***ed up are they?

Already dealt with a stooge Fla poster. Tried to explain to him rabbit punching isn't part of any team sport in NA. Used Gronk's suspension for a real life example he still doesn't get it.
the kicker was the NHL went to both teams before that game and said they were going to keep an eye on the game. lol.
truly a WWE type of league

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
438165207_464957032722128_2537835635872224019_n.jpg

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The NHL literally allowed him to get away with rabbit punching Marchand in the temple. Concussing him, how f***ed up are they?

Already dealt with a stooge Fla poster. Tried to explain to him rabbit punching isn't part of any team sport in NA. Used Gronk's suspension for a real life example he still doesn't get it.
Guy is a Florida fan. He's probably 83 and wasn't awake for the incident. Cut him some slack!

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
For the series
FLA leads 8-7 in even strength goals
FLA leads 6-0 in PP goals (Boston had one but gave up one shorthanded so...)
So... Shouldn't they be more worried about pride at this point? They are about to be swept since the first game. They take a too many men penalty like it's going out of style and everyone is more worried about a PP. Remember last year when Bergy got lit up and Marchy didn't hesitate and jumped whoever it was and start hammering him? Ya, that's what you do when your team is being violated. We can agree to disagree but in the end I'd rather a penalty or suspension anyway over losing four straight and being treated like a rented mule. I guess they can look back during the offseason and say, man I'm sure glad I didn't take a penalty for sticking up for my team, captain and logo.

• Love
Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
So when the team is in a scrum and everyone is pawing at each other you don't think that maroon or Freddy could grab someone and start punching there face? Bennet didn't ask Marchand... Nothing more they can do? C'mon.
It's a lazy excuse. The first shift Bennet was on, you send on a line of Freddy, Maroon, Lauko, Peake and Wotherspoon. Just give Bob an extra two slashes on the pads and it's on, no need to even run him. Then everyone pick a partner. Like a football play, Lauko/Peeke/Spoons act as blockers and go straight to grab their D pair and the other forward before they know what's happeneing, so they can't interfere. And you let Freddy and Maroon go to work on Bennet and Tkachuk, anything goes. But that ship has sailed. Should have been dealt with right out the gate and then you play hockey.

Reactions: UncleRico and BMC

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Thanks. I have a couple avatars made up reflective of how I feel the team is playing. I’ll bust out the appropriate one when it suits them. Right now it’s Hissy Kitty. Annoying to its opponent but hardly dangerous…
Even a little p***y cat has a temper if pushed. How about a rabbit?

Reactions: BMC

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Yikes the foward line up looks horrendous.

How are we at the cap with this line up lol.

Terrible cap management by the front office

Healthy scratches:

$5m Ullmark
$3.7m gryz (most of the time)
$3m forbort (sometimes scratched)

Then another almost $5m in cap to players that are no longer on the bruins in bergy, krejci and Reilly’s buyout.

Tough to do much when almost 20% of the cap is barely on the ice or not with the organization anymore.

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Terrible cap management by the front office

Health scratches:

$5m Ullmark
$3.7m gryz (most of the time)
$3m forbort (sometimes scratched)

Then another almost $5m in cap to players that are no longer on the bruins in bergy, krejci and Reilly’s buyout.

Tough to do much when almost 20% of the cap is barely on the ice or not with the organization anymore.

What you say is true. What is equally disturbing to me is I don't trust this management group to properly use the large amount of cap space they'll have when all of this comes off of the books

Reactions: TobanWest

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
It's a lazy excuse. The first shift Bennet was on, you send on a line of Freddy, Maroon, Lauko, Peake and Wotherspoon. Just give Bob an extra two slashes on the pads and it's on, no need to even run him. Then everyone pick a partner. Like a football play, Lauko/Peeke/Spoons act as blockers and go straight to grab their D pair and the other forward before they know what's happeneing, so they can't interfere. And you let Freddy and Maroon go to work on Bennet and Tkachuk, anything goes. But that ship has sailed. Should have been dealt with right out the gate and then you play hockey.
Pretty simple strategy.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
What you say is true. What is equally disturbing to me is I don't trust this management group to properly use the large amount of cap space they'll have when all of this comes off of the books

Nor should you, they’ve never brought in a big names free agent and all the good players they’ve brought in was through trades and they don’t have any draft picks.

Reactions: BMC

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I have absolutely zero faith in a good 60 minute effort. I'm guessing they have 11 shots going into the 3rd, go down 3 goals at some stage and then put in a solid 5 minute push, score a goal and it's a 3-1 final.

They're just not a good enough hockey team.
Florida has made Boston look like what we thought they would be in October.

Reactions: lextune and BMC

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

It really is the laziest excuse and just a flat cop out.

Hell, Tavares got cheap shotted a few years ago and Toronto players told Perry he had to fight foligno or they were running him until he sacked up.

Somehow the Bruins aren’t capable of doing this and judging by Maroons comments and Montgomery being silent and deferring to Sweeney. It’s all coming from Sweeney to not do anything.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
OK B’s here’s the deal.

1) thank you for the season. Expected a transition year so a round 2 matchup is better than I expected.

2) the refs have screwed you on a couple of biggies. Frustrating to all, but no solution to that. I do hope Neely reamed the NHL though.

3) FLA is a better team on paper and on the ice. Put in a full effort tonight and I’m good, win or lose. If not I’ll be extremely disappointed. Talent is talent, but effort is non negotiable.

4) For the love of God someone please hack a big slash on the POS Bennetts left hand. Hard. Do the DOPS job for them. He has no right being on the ice. NHL cares about head shots, my ass.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Look at Vancouver series.McDavid swings stick nothing,Kane slewfoot nothing Hyman crosscheck to Zadorov head nothing & that gave him stitches on same play he got a fine & Soucy suspended.George Parros is absolutely corrupt & needs to resign.I mean come on the disparity is not even close .

Reactions: KillerMillerTime
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad