GDT: ECSF: Game 5 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Lines: I don't care. Fourth line is already a collection of players that won't necessarily play together; as evidenced by Rempe playing four minutes the first six games of the series. Just play Cullye and Laf a bit extra; they're young, it's good for them.

Pairings: Yes. But this can be ameliorated by being smart about things. The point of dressing Jones in my mind is as redundancy in case of an injury, a misconduct, or a long OT game.

Jones as the 7th D wouldn’t get a single shift in a long OT anyway though

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
I distinctly recall that after the Rangers went up 2-0 on the Devils last season there was an almost tangible feeling of air being let out of a balloon, and the team's play reflected this. There was zero effort, and you wouldn't have been wrong to think that the Ranger players approached the games thereafter with an attitude of nonchalance and complete and utter lack of competitive edge.

I know they are still up 3-1 but I thought I sensed some of that after Saturday's game. Needless to say if they descend into that muck again (whatever causes it I cannot fathom, this is the friggin' Cup playoffs) they're totally screwed and the depression around these parts and amongst the fanbase is gonna reach epic proportions.

I really, really hope for all of our sakes and the team's that does not happen. I figure we will know within the first five or so minutes of the game. If they allow Carolina to set the pace pack up the cats it's over.

I would not bring this up but the team has a track record of this behavior. That's where the sense of impending doom comes from-we've seen collapses out of this very same group before. Sort of like they don't know how to they got the first X number of games and then don't know what to do to get what they need to advance, like they expected to lose the series all along.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
I distinctly recall that after the Rangers went up 2-0 on the Devils last season there was an almost tangible feeling of air being let out of a balloon, and the team's play reflected this. There was zero effort, and you wouldn't have been wrong to think that the Ranger players approached the games thereafter with an attitude of nonchalance and complete and utter lack of competitive edge.

I know they are still up 3-1 but I thought I sensed some of that after Saturday's game. Needless to say if they descend into that muck again (whatever causes it I cannot fathom, this is the friggin' Cup playoffs) they're totally screwed and the depression around these parts and amongst the fanbase is gonna reach epic proportions.

I really, really hope for all of our sakes and the team's that does not happen. I figure we will know within the first five or so minutes of the game. If they allow Carolina to set the pace pack up the cats it's over.

I would not bring this up but the team has a track record of this behavior. That's where the sense of impending doom comes from-we've seen collapses out of this very same group before. Sort of like they don't know how to they got the first three and then don't know what to do to get the 4th, like they expected to lose the series all along.
Well according to the media and analysts, Carolina has set the pace every game and the Rangers are 3-1 so…I don’t know what to think

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
Well according to the media and analysts, Carolina has set the pace every game and the Rangers are 3-1 so…I don’t know what to think
I'm a coward so don't know if I'm even gonna watch the game. I'll check in around 10. If the board is functioning then maybe things went well. But I don't wanna stick around because I have way down deep zero faith in this team to perform in a big spot and still think they're mentally fragile and don't want to ruin anyone else's night with my blathering insecurities.

Damn I hate this shit.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I think tonight is a blowout win. Honestly not which way but I'm assuming the worst.

If we were to ever blow this the franchise is destroyed.

This is why I've concluded I never want to be up 3-0 again

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
The team remembers that feeling after blowing that 2-0 lead last year.You can bet your ass they don't want to feel that again.That's why I think they come out tonight,give a full 60 minute effort and close it out

• Love
Reactions: Captain Lindy

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019

I would not bring this up but the team has a track record of this behavior. That's where the sense of impending doom comes from-we've seen collapses out of this very same group before. Sort of like they don't know how to they got the first X number of games and then don't know what to do to get what they need to advance, like they expected to lose the series all along.

Why would we get that sense now? We didn't against Washington and that was an inferior opponent. Less likely they just phone it in for that sake.

This team seems to be confident in knowing what they need to vs the Canes whereas Tampa was a sleeping Giant we didn't take advantage of.

Jersey was always a terrible matchup and maybe they got too much bravado thinking the kids would just fold.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Why is Brodzinski in the game? Rangers haven't lost with Rempe in the lineup in forever. 6-0 in the playoffs and you screw with chemistry to put Chytil back in for 1 whole game and now he is out again. Now we are going with Johnny do nothing Brodzinski......WTF.

Also on Chytil what are they doing? Most fans didn't expect him back and if he is having issues he shouldn't see the ice for at least another year. Shut him down while he can still function and live a normal life.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019

They lost one close game so far. Let’s chill.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016

Im sorry what?
Saturdays game, we came out flat but the team made adjustments and controlled a lot of the 2nd and 3rd periods…
We could’ve easily won that game

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Why is Brodzinski in the game? Rangers haven't lost with Rempe in the lineup in forever. 6-0 in the playoffs and you screw with chemistry to put Chytil back in for 1 whole game and now he is out again. Now we are going with Johnny do nothing Brodzinski......WTF.

Also on Chytil what are they doing? Most fans didn't expect him back and if he is having issues he shouldn't see the ice for at least another year. Shut him down while he can still function and live a normal life.
Chytil didn’t have a concussion or any head injury, he was sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad