GDT: ECSF: Game 5 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
This would be true against almost any opponent… the Rangers are a really good team.
Yeah and honestly that hasn't been the difference. I could see goaltenders being the argument or special teams / coaching, but I don't think elite talent has been the difference maker elsewhere.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I think cause the same play occured in the opposite direction like 5 seconds earlier. It was a penalty but but so was the other.
Goodrow was probably complaining about the missed trip earlier in the shift, or maybe the too many men, or the cross check to zib. Who knows?

Just as blatant as the missed trip by Carolina right before.
Gotcha. Just walked into the room after making dinner and saw the trip. Was a “how entitled are you?” Moment without that context.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Gotcha. Just walked into the room after making dinner and saw the trip. Was a “how entitled are you?” Moment without that context.
Every penalty they've called tonight has been legit, maybe one kinda weak one. The issue is they're not calling penalties outside of the puck carrier. Trip someone about to receive a pass? Totally fine.

I actually think they've been consistent, despite other rangers fans saying otherwise. They've not been fair, but you should just not expect penalties unless the person getting infracted upon has the puck and is about to shoot. To me, that's a weird standard.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I don't know why it's taken me so many years to see , but Peter Laviolette looks more like Fred Flintstone than any other human I have ever seen.

If I ever meet him, I am going to get him to scream "Willlllllll-muhh!"

I will never unsee this.

Thank you very much faux-Gary Sinese

Reactions: Lt Dan

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Every penalty they've called tonight has been legit, maybe one kinda weak one. The issue is they're not calling penalties outside of the puck carrier. Trip someone about to receive a pass? Totally fine.

I actually think they've been consistent, despite other rangers fans saying otherwise. They've not been fair, but you should just not expect penalties unless the person getting infracted upon has the puck and is about to shoot. To me, that's a weird standard.
I’m a “call every game the same regardless of teams/time of year” type, because when they don’t, there’s always some BS call that’s held to a lesser standard that unbalances the game.

Reactions: stampedingviking

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Turned it over twice and almost a giveaway.

Full credit to the Rangers though. They don't give them much space and are forcing them to make mistakes.

Woooooooooo. There we go Canes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad