Series Talk: ECSF: New York Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes (NYR Lead 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
Rangers will get this finished. They have often gone to 7 games, but if they reverse the stuff of Game 5, 6 is where it ends.
True, but I don't think they'll be able to overcome Carolina.

Canes with 2 great wins. They did not give up down 0-3

Hats off to them.
I agree- they have kept battling and believing in themselves. I'm rooting for them now.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
Indeed. Basically what I've been saying this whole series. Stop shrinking the ice in the offensive zone by playing/passing in front of the goal crease against these long reach rags sticks. Not only have they blown tons of chances, multiple got poked out for odd man rushes on our own net.

Now somebody just has to fill in RBA. As you say , even if they do it, may be too late.
I'm rooting for Carolina now- really impressed by them not giving up.

Fair enough. But teams come back from 0-3 only 1.9% of the time. Better than that average still is pretty bleak.
I'm impressed by Carolina's not giving up.

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
Remember when all the Rangers fans wouldn't admit Shesterkin stood on his head in Games 2 and 3 and that they weren't getting dominated? This never deserved to be a short series. If I had to guess, the Rangers will still win in 7 though. Be kinda funny if Lavi experienced both sides of a Reverse Sweep though, eh?

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Interesting how Kuznetsov, a known playoff performer, was ditched by Washington and now is performing in the playoffs again
The thing is the Caps needed him to be a 1st line C going PPG+ which he wont be any longer. While in Carolina he can be a depth piece which is where he is at this point. Playing for the Caps he played with less talent and get more focus from the other team. On Carolina he wont be one of the main guys other team focus. Hes like the 7th or 8th guy on Carolina (Aho, Svech, Guentzel, Jarvis, Necas and Teravainen are all better or around the same level). So it was a good move for both teams. He plays less minutes in Carolina and he is their top point producer 5v5 pr minuteand among the best in the league this playoffs.. So a perfect depth piece for them as he adds scoring down the lineuo.

Also Kuznetsov wanted a change of scenery for years and it showed so good for him to get a new chance somewhere else.

Last edited:
Reactions: jetsforever

StrmSurge

RBA sucks!
Mar 19, 2019
Walhalla, SC
If you laughed at, derided and criticized the New York Rangers during this Game 5, I salute you and give you all a thumbs up!
They do deserve to be slammed hard.
Hurricanes came to play, and play they did. Good on them.

On to Raleigh.
Yeah like getting booed by their own fan base up 3-2 in a series. Classy fan base to be sure.

Should we lose game 6 I bet our fans will not boo our team. And yes I'm proud of that. Our bad fans just sell their tix to Rags fans or Ticketmaster - essentially the same thing.

Reactions: Borsig

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
Well I guess now you can think of it this way:

Of the 22 teams that have come back to force a game 6 after being down 3-0,

9 out of 22 forced a game 7

Of the 9 that forced game 7,

4 ended up winning the series.

I don't think of it that much. I play and go to NYR/NYI games cuz I'm from NY and love the game. But I don't play on the NYR and don't think of it too seriously.

But if I did have to judge things by the embarrassing no-show the Rangers just did, I would give better odds to Carolina than what you stated above.

Hats off to the Canes' players for showing up, playing hard, and earning the W.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Rangers sweating now?

Zu0eY.gif

• Haha
Reactions: rams
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events