Series Talk: ECSF: New York Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes (NYR Lead 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Canes fan here and I don't think we pull it off, just because that's what happens when you shit yourself on 15PP attempts.

But remember this.

Canes score ONE PPG in any of 15 attempts in the first 3 games, ONE in any game. And we are heading into the hell that is PNC 3-2 canes.

Rangers fans would do well to not gloat. You haven't dominated shit, or won anything clearly. 5v5 you are being cut to shreds and you captain has made a fool of himself defensively.

Should you win this series, FLA is going to dissect you 5v5 maybe even more than we have, and 90% of the game is played 5v5.

A comeback is exceedingly rare from 3-0 and even 3-2

Rags fans should be a little more humble. I'd fear FLA more than us. They are built to be the nastiest team in the league, even more than you.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Nothing against the rangers, but I'm rooting for the Canes here.

If the Panthers win I want a rematch. Even though objectively speaking I don't want to face a team that came back from a 3-0 series. But the series last year was some awesome hockey despite it only being 4 games.

Also, don't want Rod The Bod to lose his coaching job, something cool about having a beloved canes player become a long tenured coach for the team.

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
Canes fan here and I don't think we pull it off, just because that's what happens when you shit yourself on 15PP attempts.

But remember this.

Canes score ONE PPG in any of 15 attempts in the first 3 games, ONE in any game. And we are heading into the hell that is PNC 3-2 canes.

Rangers fans would do well to not gloat. You haven't dominated shit, or won anything clearly. 5v5 you are being cut to shreds and you captain has made a fool of himself defensively.

Should you win this series, FLA is going to dissect you 5v5 maybe even more than we have, and 90% of the game is played 5v5.

A comeback is exceedingly rare from 3-0 and even 3-2

Rags fans should be a little more humble. I'd fear FLA more than us. They are built to be the nastiest team in the league, even more than you.
Lol. Every single series there is some loser fan saying the same thing…. The next guys will crush you. Just stop lol. Worry about your own sad sack team. And it makes you sound and look petty. And dumb. Its every series board.

Paul B said the Rangers wouldnt make the playoffs. Why do we keep giving idiots airtime. What has happened to society where that isn’t embarrassing anymore?

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
Yeah like getting booed by their own fan base up 3-2 in a series. Classy fan base to be sure.

Should we lose game 6 I bet our fans will not boo our team. And yes I'm proud of that. Our bad fans just sell their tix to Rags fans or Ticketmaster - essentially the same thing.

You're passionate for the team you follow and I can appreciate that. But the fans at MSG were rightly booing a no-show effort from a chunk of the team.

Fans of all teams devote time and hard-earned money to see these games.

It is one thing to watch a team play hard and lose. No shame in that. But to have players gliding in passenger mode like so many NYR did last night - paying fans IMHO have every right to boo that. Much the way fans of any ilk can rightly give Carolina props for showing up, playing hard, and earning the W.

I don't play on these teams and don't take it too seriously who wins or loses. But for the people paying in time and dollars to watch these players, and I'd like to think for an athlete's own sense of personal pride, at least try.

Staal's carrying Rangers on his back with blood on his jersey. And I'm watching Rangers' players poke-checking from a meter away like they were in a children's badminton game.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Nothing against the rangers, but I'm rooting for the Canes here.

If the Panthers win I want a rematch. Even though objectively speaking I don't want to face a team that came back from a 3-0 series. But the series last year was some awesome hockey despite it only being 4 games.

Also, don't want Rod The Bod to lose his coaching job, something cool about having a beloved canes player become a long tenured coach for the team.

I love that if by some miracle the Canes manage a comeback here their reward would be the insanely good team that swept them last year. Cool.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m a psychic and after game 3 we went to 7-0 to see if any signs they go 16-0 and all I could see was Carolina celebrating

I’m horrified the Rangers blow this

• Haha
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
I feel like if they DO come back against the Rangers, (And I don't think they will) they will have the confidence to win the ECF.

I don't think the rangers have what it takes to beat FLA 5v5. It's something that would be interesting to see both series (Rangers V FL, Canes V FL) played in two different timelines to see the results. What an experiment that would be.

Reactions: Negan4Coach

NoVaCapsFan

Apr 19, 2017
It’s funny, minutes before the goal, I was commenting to someone that he looked absolutely cooked and shouldn’t see the ice again. Whooooops
At times it looks like he is coasting, and then - boom! The trade from the Caps is a win-win, he was done here, the worst player in the league and a drag on a struggling team looking to get younger and compete. Thanks to Orlov at least in part, he found a team that would believe in him and seems to be flourishing, dumb stick penalties aside. I’m hoping he gets to flap those wings a few more times before this run is done.

Reactions: Negan4Coach

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Sounded like a library until they were booing their own PP. Cameras picked up fans leaving en masses with 4 mins left down 2... sweet "atmosphere" lol.
I noticed this myself. Canes fans don't head to the exit with 4 min left. Because we do that ridiculous chaos thing at the end of games where we only know how to score with a deadline. I'm not saying we are more passionate at all. I'm just saying that wile some will leave, you won't see a mass exodus with us 2 down and 4 or 5 min left.

Also the PNC is pretty easy to get in an out of with a nice big lot too, so there's that. But it as very noticable with a lot of time left.

Last edited:

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I rarely get to go to playoff games. I think I’ve been to 5 in my entire life.

Last night was one of those five. I feel robbed. I don’t mind if the rangers lose like in game 4. They showed up.

Last night though… that was what they looked like under David Quinn against the hurricanes in the bubble series. Just a no show and completely outclassed. No look passes and lack of coordination in their attack.

Just abysmal. I can’t think of a single forward that had a good game last night.

Maybe Laf looked good but that’s it.

Carolina is way too good a team to not show up against. I’m appalled at Kreider in particular. He always plays well in the playoffs… except in games where we can actually eliminate other teams before 7 games.

Where the hell is the killer instinct they had all year? They deserved to lose that one. Shame on them.

And credit to Carolina. They were dominant after the first period and especially in the third.

• Love
Reactions: NJ DevLolz

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Sounded like a library until they were booing their own PP. Cameras picked up fans leaving en masses with 4 mins left down 2... sweet "atmosphere" lol.
I was there. I didn’t see anyone leave until after the empty net goal and they went down 4-1.

Also, New Yorkers who don’t live in the city have trains to catch. You miss one, and sometimes it’s an hour and a half until the next one at that time of night. It’s not a driving situation where you can leave at any time.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
I was there. I didn’t see anyone leave until after the empty net goal and they went down 4-1.

Also, New Yorkers who don’t live in the city have trains to catch. You miss one, and sometimes it’s an hour and a half until the next one at that time of night. It’s not a driving situation where you can leave at any time.

Thought the same reading the OP.

I'm in Orange County. Some of those PATH trains and Metro North are not timed well for games that run late. And that 1.5h wait is the difference between getting home by 10pm or after Midnight. IDC what station it is, any NYC station that late at night is a risk.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
If I had no idea where either team finished in the standings, had not watched a single regular season game all season, and just started watching either team in this series, I would think that Carolina was a much better hockey team (at least at even strength). If the teams switched goalies, this would be a sweep for the Canes. But you can't do that. Still think the Rangers will win it, obviously. Florida should beat either team in 5 or 6.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

To be fair to the original comment, the broadcast showed a bunch of fans heading to the exits shortly after the score went to 3-1.

acor

Jan 13, 2012
Even though Carolina has a better team, smart money are still on Rangers, though...

BUT, OTOH, this series really has reverse sweep "vibe" hanging over it... Nothing that happens next is gonna surprise me.

Anyway, f*** it, would prefer to get reverse-sweeped by Hurricanes, who are a great team, than get upset by Islanders, or Devils, or even Caps or Pens in first round.

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina
Being a NY Jets fan has conditioned me to expect the worst, so I'm not feeling great after that piss poor effort in the 3rd period last night. That was inexcusable, Lavi better tear them a new one and wake them up for Thursday...

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Being a NY Jets fan has conditioned me to expect the worst, so I'm not feeling great after that piss poor effort in the 3rd period last night. That was inexcusable, Lavi better tear them a new one and wake them up for Thursday...
The Hurricanes are a better even strength team, I don't think Lavi "tearing them a new one" will change that. They need Igor to outgoal Freddy in one of the last two games, which is still likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad