Player Discussion Elias Lindholm

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
If we traded Hronek, we could almost certainly afford Zadorov, Joshua and Lindholm. Assuming none of their demands of ridiculous. Unfortunately, that leaves us incredibly thin on defense. So it's not really an ideal position to be in.
Honestly I was just thinking of the same thing during the game, that dumping Hronek could be enough to keep Lindholm. Thin D or not, Hronek is providing nothing of value. If we're going to be using $7m in cap space, I'd rather allocate it in a useful way instead of just trying to shoe-horn a guy to fill a position. Lindhom is built for playoff hockey, Hronek has shown that he isn't. Keep the guy you know you can rely on when the chips are down and then get to work on filling that hole in the lineup some other way. If we could get Tanev on a shortterm deal to take Hronek's spot for cheaper, I'd do it.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lindholm is in full 'playoff beast mode' right now. Wins key draws; scores clutch goals and is anchoring one of the best third lines in these playoffs with Garland and Joshua.

Along with Silovs, Big Z and Boeser, he's been 'the story' for the Canucks in these playoffs.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
i still want to see him rip one from the right circle like he did in calgary. so far hes been effective for vancouver winning key drraws disrupting plays

Reactions: F A N

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad