Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I try to never be the overreactive type and hopefully that’s what’s happening to me here, but I feel like this day marks the end of so much for this Avs group.

They’ll be good. They’ll make some damage here and there and maybe even go on another decent run at some point. But Kadri, Landy and now Nuke? They aren’t really replaceable guys unfortunately.
Yup. Unless we go out and use Landy/Nuke money on some guys and pull off some savvy trades, we're not contending anytime soon.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
That's the solution , but it's easier said than done . I dont recal any team who were able to void a contract.

They can void it and have the legal department deal with it like LA did with Mike Richards, San Jose did with Evander Kane and Chicago did with Perry. All had follow up ramifications and I don’t think end of day the clubs care. They wanted to move on and they made it happen

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
There goes our season again. I hope he finds teh help he needs, but at this point we need to terminate his contract.

I'm in complete shock. Never thought last year would repeat itself.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Just heard the news....... what a demoralizing hit to the team and the fans.

I suspect the Avs were feeling this impact on the ice as recently as last game.

Mgmt needs to be concerned for Nuke's health but also for the future of this team. Nuke currently has zero value in terms of being able to go somewhere else.

Uh..... Avs might manage to win 1 more game but the series is essentially over.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
They can void it and have the legal department deal with it like LA did with Mike Richards, San Jose did with Evander Kane and Chicago did with Perry. All had follow up ramifications and I don’t think end of day the clubs care. They wanted to move on and they made it happen
Thanks man , i dont have a good memory for this sort of things.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I try to never be the overreactive type and hopefully that’s what’s happening to me here, but I feel like this day marks the end of so much for this Avs group.

They’ll be good. They’ll make some damage here and there and maybe even go on another decent run at some point. But Kadri, Landy and now Nuke? They aren’t really replaceable guys unfortunately.
Yup, this won't be easy to overcome.

Reactions: Nihiliste

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Is it wrong of me to say I don’t even care about Nuke “getting better?”

He doesn’t want to get better.

I’m an Avalanche fan and this guy has repeatedly f***ed over my teams chances of winning.

I couldn’t care less if he’s in Minsk snorting rocks out of a straw next year.
I kind of agree with you here. Weird being angry over a game player by millionaires but damn. He is a force to be reckoned with when playing and undeniably changes our record when in. How can you bring him back and f***ing his teammates over two seasons in a row.

He can get lost right now.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

It’s honestly crazy how steep of a downhill it’s been since they won the cup. Landy, then Kadri, then Nuke twice over. Hard to really believe they’ll ever make it back to a SCF again.

Gives a renewed respect for the Chicagos and Tampa Bays for being able to stay at the top for so long.

Last edited:

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Didn’t we argue about him at the start of the season? I hope he gets help, but f*** him. I hope he never plays another game in an Avs jersey.
Probably because he was getting the help he needed and wasn’t set to come back until he felt he was done treatment.

It’s apparent now he left before he was ready and it’s why he’s on a 6 month suspension.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
It’s honestly crazy how steep of a downhill it’s been since they won the cup. Landy, then Kadri, then Nuke twice over. Hard to really believe they’ll ever make it back to a SCF again.

Gives a renewed respect for the Chicago’s and Tampa Bays for being able to stay at the top for so long.
... and you forgot the guy in your avatar .

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
This has to be the end of Nuke. You can't miss two years of playoffs for f***ing around and not find out.

Dude's been playing like an animal. Shame he couldn't keep his head straight.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
This has to be the end of Nuke. You can't miss two years of playoffs for f***ing around and not find out.

Dude's been playing like an animal. Shame he couldn't keep his head straight.

Can we terminate the contract without having to buy him out? There must be some sort of clause.. I think Kings used it too with their core player who started playing worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad