Elmira Mammoth

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
This past weekend Elmira had two games with Motor City. Somebody forgot the jerseys so they had to play the game on Friday with generic FPHL jerseys until someone could drive out to Michigan with their jerseys in time for Saturday.

Please make it stop!
Pretty sure they were FRHL, Fraser Roller Hockey League, jerseys.

• Wow
Reactions: Roadhog

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Pretty sure they were FRHL, Fraser Roller Hockey League, jerseys.

I didn't realize that, but after checking their website...that was what they were wearing. Maybe that's a better fit for them anyway.
They should have played Shirts & Skins. Tough on the Skins, though, especially the goalie.

GindyDraws

Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
This past weekend Elmira had two games with Motor City. Somebody forgot the jerseys so they had to play the game on Friday with generic FPHL jerseys until someone could drive out to Michigan with their jerseys in time for Saturday.

Please make it stop!
No. Make him suffer.

HockeyDude16

Dec 23, 2021
I really don't think the Mammoth will be back after this season. Donner's a sinking ship and losing money. The team's performance is sub par to terrible. The Lacrosse Invitational tournament made last week free admission and did worse then the previous week attendance.

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
Unfortunately things don't get better for the Mammoth as Slangin The Bizkit Podcast reported that the Elmira Mammoth's team bus was impounded while on the road recently. The bus didn't have proper insurance to meet criteria on the road which unfortunately is poor optics for the team. There was also a post on social media about it as well but I am not on any social media so couldn't include any links. I am sure the FPHL and Donner haters will help supply the fodder. Whether or not they contract out their bus service at the end of the day it is the GM's responsibility to ensure all the paperwork is in order. I still stand by Donner that his heart and intentions are in right place and trying to make things work, unfortunately some bad luck is not helping but the buck stops at club management. Anyone who loves pro minor league puck Slangin The Bizkit Podcast is definitely worth tuning in to. The podcast is hosted by Travis Ridgen (Motor City Goaltender) and his co host the awesome Dave Wheeler formerly the voice of the Manitoba Moose. These guys have a GREAT show worth tuning into every week with new episodes on Sunday.

Reactions: CarolinaThunderbird

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Unfortunately things don't get better for the Mammoth as Slangin The Bizkit Podcast reported that the Elmira Mammoth's team bus was impounded while on the road recently. The bus didn't have proper insurance to meet criteria on the road which unfortunately is poor optics for the team. There was also a post on social media about it as well but I am not on any social media so couldn't include any links. I am sure the FPHL and Donner haters will help supply the fodder. Whether or not they contract out their bus service at the end of the day it is the GM's responsibility to ensure all the paperwork is in order. I still stand by Donner that his heart and intentions are in right place and trying to make things work, unfortunately some bad luck is not helping but the buck stops at club management. Anyone who loves pro minor league puck Slangin The Bizkit Podcast is definitely worth tuning in to. The podcast is hosted by Travis Ridgen (Motor City Goaltender) and his co host the awesome Dave Wheeler formerly the voice of the Manitoba Moose. These guys have a GREAT show worth tuning into every week with new episodes on Sunday.
BUT WE NEEEEEEED SINGLE-A HOCKEY!!!! WE NEEEEEEEEED THE FED!!!!!!

What a joke. The team bus getting impounded isn't merely "poor optics," it's bad business, especially in a league that has played fast and loose with insurance coverage at least one other time in its' history.

Just another example of why the Fed is garbage hockey.

HockeyDude16

Dec 23, 2021
I still stand by Donner that his heart and intentions are in right place and trying to make things work, unfortunately some bad luck is not helping but the buck stops at club management.
Listen I want to believe that Donner had set backs out of his control but at the same time, the man has done numerous shady things since arriving in Elmira and even getting the WWE to cancel which was quite impressive. He doesn't advertise anything unless its on facebook, he has a bad track record from Rochester, Florida, the Carolinas, and now Elmira with the PBLA. Having a felon on the team and hiding him, the never ending turnover on the roster. Robbie Nichols didn't have this much turnover when running the Enforcers and he punched a ref. Donner may be a good dude but he is a terrible business man and he might be the last tenant at First Arena for a long time, if not ever.

jabberoski

Aug 1, 2011
Listen I want to believe that Donner had set backs out of his control but at the same time, the man has done numerous shady things since arriving in Elmira and even getting the WWE to cancel which was quite impressive. He doesn't advertise anything unless its on facebook, he has a bad track record from Rochester, Florida, the Carolinas, and now Elmira with the PBLA. Having a felon on the team and hiding him, the never ending turnover on the roster. Robbie Nichols didn't have this much turnover when running the Enforcers and he punched a ref. Donner may be a good dude but he is a terrible business man and he might be the last tenant at First Arena for a long time, if not ever.
Yeah, if this was the first time Donner had an issue, I could maybe be a little more sympathetic. But, it's happened numerous times at several different teams, so it isn't "bad luck" at this point.

CrazyEddie20

Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Yeah, if this was the first time Donner had an issue, I could maybe be a little more sympathetic. But, it's happened numerous times at several different teams, so it isn't "bad luck" at this point.

This is the credited response.

Saying things like, "I still stand by Donner that his heart and intentions are in right place and trying to make things work, unfortunately some bad luck is not helping but the buck stops at club management" is at best silly and at worst intellectually dishonest, given Donner's track record. Everything the guy touches dies. He leaves trails of unpaid bills wherever he goes. He appears to knowingly have harbored a fugitive from justice within his team.

But his "intentions were in the right place?" Give me a break.

Like seemingly everything in the FPHL, the Mammoth look like another scam shined up with the gloss of "professional hockey."

Last edited:

GindyDraws

Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
This is the credited response.

Saying things like, "I still stand by Donner that his heart and intentions are in right place and trying to make things work, unfortunately some bad luck is not helping but the buck stops at club management" is at best silly and at worst intellectually dishonest, given Donner's track record. Everything the guy touches dies. He leaves trails of unpaid bills wherever he goes. He appears to knowingly have harbored a fugitive from justice within his team.

But his "intentions were in the right place?" Give me a break.

Like seemingly everything in the FPHL, the Mammoth look like another scam shined up with the gloss of "professional hockey."
But... remember.

His intentions... are in the right place.

• Haha

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
But... remember.

His intentions... are in the right place.
No he wasn't harbouring a fugitive, dont ever accuse someone of a crime without proof, we have a constitution in this country. That constitution still hasn't been abolished yet. The same constitution that preserves your right to state YOUR beliefs. I on the other hand dont share your beliefs. Class A hockey has a place, its entertainment and it is entertaining for many. It's good for the fans who enjoy it, and good for the players who chose to sign and play at that level. Those who dont like it should just continue to live miserably lol and be consumed with the negative thoughts. One thing they cant do is decide it doesnt have a place and act as thought police.

CrazyEddie20

Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
No he wasn't harbouring a fugitive, dont ever accuse someone of a crime without proof, we have a constitution in this country. That constitution still hasn't been abolished yet. The same constitution that preserves your right to state YOUR beliefs. I on the other hand dont share your beliefs. Class A hockey has a place, its entertainment and it is entertaining for many. It's good for the fans who enjoy it, and good for the players who chose to sign and play at that level. Those who dont like it should just continue to live miserably lol and be consumed with the negative thoughts. One thing they cant do is decide it doesnt have a place and act as thought police.

Let me explain something to you: I am not a state actor, so I cannot infringe upon your constitutional rights. The constitution has absolutely nothing to do with the regulation of an FPHL fan's clown takes on a message board.

The first amendment exists to preserve your right to speak freely without being silenced by the government. If I want to challenge your beliefs, I can. And if you want to challenge my beliefs, you can. I'm not silencing you. You aren't silencing me. Only a governmental body acting under color of law can silence you in a way that creates a potential claim under the first amendment.

I'm challenging your assertion that Class A garbage hockey has a place. You assert it does because it's entertaining. I assert that it hurts the place of the game in this country by destroying potential markets that would appreciate pro hockey if only it were run better.

As for Donner allegedly harboring a fugitive: Andrusenko was there. Donner knew he was there. Donner likely knew that Andrusenko had been charged with a crime in another state and that there was a warrant issued for his arrest, being that the league issued a memo to teams telling them not to sign him for that very reason.

Again, from the WETM story cited supra: “I mean, he wasn’t employed by us, he wasn’t paid by us. Obviously, he can live wherever he wants to live,” said Donner when we interviewed him on January 30, 2023. However, according to multiple sources, that wasn’t true. Andrusenko came to Elmira because he was promised a lot of things by the higher-ups in the Mammoth organization. A source close to Andrusenko told 18 News that the rink would pay him for cleaning up around the rink, they even provided him with a place to stay.

WETM nailed down that yes, Donner knew that he was there, and that he knew or should have known about Andrusenko's status. Prosecution of a potential harboring a fugitive charge is up to prosecutors, but it certainly looks like they have enough to go to a grand jury and get an indictment.

But tell me again how his intentions were in the right place while he was allegedly harboring a player who had been charged with rape who had a warrant out for his arrest.

Please. I'd love to hear your reasoning.

HockeyDude16

Dec 23, 2021
I mean there's a whole news article about it but hey I guess their making shit up too.

Reactions: SemireliableSource

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
Let me explain something to you: I am not a state actor, so I cannot infringe upon your constitutional rights. The constitution has absolutely nothing to do with the regulation of an FPHL fan's clown takes on a message board.

The first amendment exists to preserve your right to speak freely without being silenced by the government. If I want to challenge your beliefs, I can. And if you want to challenge my beliefs, you can. I'm not silencing you. You aren't silencing me. Only a governmental body acting under color of law can silence you in a way that creates a potential claim under the first amendment.

I'm challenging your assertion that Class A garbage hockey has a place. You assert it does because it's entertaining. I assert that it hurts the place of the game in this country by destroying potential markets that would appreciate pro hockey if only it were run better.

As for Donner allegedly harboring a fugitive: Andrusenko was there. Donner knew he was there. Donner likely knew that Andrusenko had been charged with a crime in another state and that there was a warrant issued for his arrest, being that the league issued a memo to teams telling them not to sign him for that very reason.

Again, from the WETM story cited supra: “I mean, he wasn’t employed by us, he wasn’t paid by us. Obviously, he can live wherever he wants to live,” said Donner when we interviewed him on January 30, 2023. However, according to multiple sources, that wasn’t true. Andrusenko came to Elmira because he was promised a lot of things by the higher-ups in the Mammoth organization. A source close to Andrusenko told 18 News that the rink would pay him for cleaning up around the rink, they even provided him with a place to stay.

WETM nailed down that yes, Donner knew that he was there, and that he knew or should have known about Andrusenko's status. Prosecution of a potential harboring a fugitive charge is up to prosecutors, but it certainly looks like they have enough to go to a grand jury and get an indictment.

But tell me again how his intentions were in the right place while he was allegedly harboring a player who had been charged with rape who had a warrant out for his arrest.

Please. I'd love to hear your reasoning.
Nah, don't need to prove anything to you or anybody else. Like the great Jimmy Galante once said "I never really cared about what anyone else thought" lol. I dont care, have my own opinion. Mine is The Fed and SP have earned their place, and Donner like Nichols are okay in my book.

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
So saying Andrusenko never participated in a Mammoth practice when there's photo evidence to the contrary isn't sketch? Andrusenko being told not to show up to certain practices when reps from the league are present and practicing with the Jr. Enforcers so he can get ice time isn't sketch?

Bro, are you related to Donner or something?

Captain Crash

Apr 9, 2015
Nah, don't need to prove anything to you or anybody else. Like the great Jimmy Galante once said "I never really cared about what anyone else thought" lol. I dont care, have my own opinion. Mine is The Fed and SP have earned their place, and Donner like Nichols are okay in my book.

This reply is a serious violation of the Constitution and probably the Geneva Convention as well. But I guess you just don't believe in our rights!

Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
This reply is a serious violation of the Constitution and probably the Geneva Convention as well. But I guess you just don't believe in our rights!
I have reached out to the Magna Carta Committee as well, asking them for an interpretation & possible ruling. Haven't heard back yet ...

Reactions: Captain Crash

HockeyDude16

Dec 23, 2021
The Chemung County Exective Chris Moss went on a local show and was asked about the future of the arena.

Talk should open up to when they start talking, if not it's around 21:30.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad