GWT: EPL - Matchweek 37 (Ft. MW 34)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You know. When Klopp first started he would talk about the counterpress being the best playmaker.

This season. The other team’s best playmaker has consistently been unforced errors from LFC; where we just pass it to the other team.

do they sell Salah if a Saudi team comes again with a rediculous amount
If they sell Salah, how do they replace his output?

And I’m not even against selling him, but there better be a plan

Reactions: trostol

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
His arm was in a natural position (as evidenced by the fact that the defenders arm was in the same type of position) and it was pushed up in the collision with the defender, and the ball was hit into it from extremely close range.

Calling it a pen would fit with the UEFA interpretation that defenders need to play without arms, but it's deeply stupid to me.

Reactions: al secord

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah you're winning this one with Bradley on the pitch instead of him.
Yeah I mean I just think Trent has outgrown that RB role. Next year I think you have to do Bradley/Gomez (or like Geertruida if they want him) at RB and Trent in midfield; BUT I don’t think you want Trent in midfield in 433, so either you are going to do a double pivot with him and probably Alexis, or maybe you sell Salah and put Trent at RM but this is the right time to get him out of the defense . Which is fine.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal doesn't need a Spurs win, we just need a draw which is what I am hoping for as it is the most realistic scenario.

As for the Man United vs Arsenal game, I was surprised that Arsenal didn't look better, especially with the Devils IR list. And the only goal we got was from an absolutely Pejorative Slured mistake by Casemiro. I thought Arsenal were the better team between 0 and 30 minutes where they looked like they could score 4-5 goals easily. Then we kept losing possession and allowed United back in the game. They were definitely the better team towards the end of the half. Then Arsenal were the better team for about 10 to 15 minutes at the beginning of the second half, but Man U got better due to the desperation to try and score. Not thrilled with how they played overall considering how weak their opponents were, but considering our record at Old Trashcan, I will take a below-average performance with 3 points. I just expected more due to how brutal United's backline was in that game, that. Saliba was unbelievable.

We need to do something with Martinelli because he's gotten worse as the season has gone along.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
On one hand Spurs are giving up 12 goals a match. On the other hand, they have won 5 out of the last 6 at home against City.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
On one hand Spurs are giving up 12 goals a match. On the other hand, they have won 5 out of the last 6 at home against City.

Those wins were not with Angeball though. Both Mou and Conte had their issues, but they always knew how to set up their teams against Pep.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Jhon Durán has 5 PL goals in 372 PL minutes. Quite the haul, it’s more than some big names (e.g. Ivan Toney)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Tell you what, if Spurs somehow beats City then I won't bristle at being called the luckiest :laugh:
Sure. Just about everything else has gone Arsenal‘a way this season, why stop now?

Funny I'd say RB position has outgrown TAA.
Outgrown is a funny way to say defensively exposed and extremely lazy tracking back.
This is fair too. I’d more so go with bored and uninterested too,

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Mood:
IMG_1394.jpeg

Reactions: bluesfan94

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Champions League Spots (4)
1. Arsenal - 86 (Confirmed)
2. Man City - 85 (Confirmed)
3. Liverpool - 79 (Confirmed)
4. Aston Villa - 68 (Magic Number: 2)
5. Tottenham Hotspur - 63 (Magic Number: 9)

Europa League Spots (1-2)
5. Tottenham Hotspur - 63 (Magic Number: 1)
6. Newcastle United - 57
7. Chelsea - 57
8. Manchester United - 54
9. West Ham United - 52
10. Brighton & Hove Albion - 48
11. Bournemouth - 48

As a reminder, 5th place is Europa. 6th place is Europa IF City wins the FA Cup or if Man U finish 6th or better. 7th place is Europa Conference League unless Man U finishes 7th or worst and wins the FA Cup

Relegation
18. Luton Town - 26 (Confirmed)
19. Burnley - 24 (Confirmed)
20. Sheffield United - 16 (Confirmed)
Updated after MW 37, but before MW 34

Reactions: gary69

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

1st start at fullback for VDV
1st start EVER at Spurs for Dragusin

Deep end, fellas.

That midfield isn't exactly creative, I expect them to help in their own end often.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad