Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part 5.6 (YOUS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Continued from here v5.5

As requested; new thread same forum rules:

1) No Flaming: Critique the opinion, not the person.
2) No Trolling: Do not make posts that could be interpreted as though they were made to cause an argument or provoke others. Making generalizations about other posters is a common form of trolling.
4) No Threadjacking/OT/Politics: Posts that waste space or time on the site, annoy users due to characteristics or repetition, disrupt the site functionality, or cause threads to veer off topic may be considered “threadjacking/OT”.
8) Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

:heart:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I’m sick of a cheap owner. Just sell already.

Any offers ? I can’t see many people paying $700 for this team and happily losing $25 million a year to give us what we want.

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
This looked like a thread bump and i thought Melnyk was involved in another lawsuit. Shows where his reputation is at

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Any offers ? I can’t see many people paying $700 for this team and happily losing $25 million a year to give us what we want.

he was offered $450 million 3 years ago which was close to the $500 million expansion Vegas payed. And there was a competing offer for the stadium at Lebreton so essentially a rival bid Melnyck was nervous about - so there are interested parties.

poo-jeans main problem is his franchise is so undervalued and he doesn’t have the money to refurbish the brand and game experience (and frankly no imgaition or passion for it) that he won’t get what he thinks he deserves because your essentially buying a fixer upper and Melnyck values it as a complete and fully maximized franchise, I guess his daughters will have to learn the heard lesson their Dad won’t that it’s not worth what he told them it was

Reactions: Yak

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
This looked like a thread bump and i thought Melnyk was involved in another lawsuit. Shows where his reputation is at

No it shows where our fan bases heads are … there is no new Melynk news … this thread is stale. It should be clocked until something happens.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
he was offered $450 million 3 years ago which was close to the $500 million expansion Vegas payed. And there was a competing offer for the stadium at Lebreton so essentially a rival bid Melnyck was nervous about - so there are interested parties.

poo-jeans main problem is his franchise is so undervalued and he doesn’t have the money to refurbish the brand and game experience (and frankly no imgaition or passion for it) that he won’t get what he thinks he deserves because your essentially buying a fixer upper and Melnyck values it as a complete and fully maximized franchise, I guess his daughters will have to learn the heard lesson their Dad won’t that it’s not worth what he told them it was

Did the competitive offer have Rudy stealing all the Perks? EM tried to get the OK to go it alone but for some reason they were determined to get Rudy paid.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
The cheap owner is not a problem. All of them want to save money. We have an owner, who is dictatorial in nature. Who is imposing his vision on his management team and choosing them in celebrating only one quality - being submissive. Taking an enforcer in a first round is pure Melnyk, imposing his will. And you have Dorion - we are the team yes man. Dorion had no resume, no achievements, no GM experience, lacking skills in every department. Coming from an amateur scouting program in Montreal, the worst in the league for the last 30 years. He would never ever land a job as GM with this resume.
Then Dorion hired a guy named DJ with no head coach job experience in NHL, who was responsible overlooking Leafs defence, probably the worst defence in the league at the time with no improvements. DJ has absolutely no clue about a defence talent in NHL, taking Zaitsev with him and approving other crappy defensive pieces to join his lineup.
It is all accumulated and burst into our faces, when the most thin in talent team as Senators, drafted another plumber/enforcer in the first round, because he can play tough. There is absolutely no excuse for that. It is a pure mismanagement, where the owner has no accountability towards fans. I just fail to understand Melnyk's logic. With thin talent like we have, we will have a hard time to make playoffs for years, drafting only safe players, who could be one day new Bergerons light. But ok, one day we will make playoffs, but have to deal with likes as Ovechkin, Kucherov, Crosby and company, who will fill the buckets with pucks anyway. It does not matter how tough you play them. If you do not have your own juggernaut players. How it all makes sense?

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
The cheap owner is not a problem. All of them want to save money. We have an owner, who is dictatorial in nature. Who is imposing his vision on his management team and choosing them in celebrating only one quality - being submissive. Taking an enforcer in a first round is pure Melnyk, imposing his will. And you have Dorion - we are the team yes man. Dorion had no resume, no achievements, no GM experience, lacking skills in every department. Coming from an amateur scouting program in Montreal, the worst in the league for the last 30 years. He would never ever land a job as GM with this resume.
Then Dorion hired a guy named DJ with no head coach job experience in NHL, who was responsible overlooking Leafs defence, probably the worst defence in the league at the time with no improvements. DJ has absolutely no clue about a defence talent in NHL, taking Zaitsev with him and approving other crappy defensive pieces to join his lineup.
It is all accumulated and burst into our faces, when the most thin in talent team as Senators, drafted another plumber/enforcer in the first round, because he can play tough. There is absolutely no excuse for that. It is a pure mismanagement, where the owner has no accountability towards fans. I just fail to understand Melnyk's logic. With thin talent like we have, we will have a hard time to make playoffs for years, drafting only safe players, who could be one day new Bergerons light. But ok, one day we will make playoffs, but have to deal with likes as Ovechkin, Kucherov, Crosby and company, who will fill the buckets with pucks anyway. It does not matter how tough you play them. If you do not have your own juggernaut players. How it all makes sense?

You okay?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

They have done well in drafting, you are complaining because the are drafting pinto and Batherson Jimmy Sanderson Brady?
They made one weird pick the rest have been fantastic.
I guess all the superstars in the second and third rounds they miss are the issue?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Entire thing is false - NHL denies Quebec premier’s claim of future meetings to discuss Nordiques return | Offside

If it was true (which it’s not) it shows that when you have friends in high places you can get things done. Melnyck has no friends in high places and that’s why he can’t get anything done. This is not a reflection of the fanbase, it’s a reflection of an owner who’s out of ideas, out of money, has the passion of an OHL fan and the community sense of a troll, and can’t find anyone in a hockey obsessed country to support his hockey team.

[Mod edit]. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. If these guys think Melnyck a swell guy I guess they can get into bed with some of the slimiest people in Quebec because we don’t spend $25.50 to stop being fan-shamed

Last edited by a moderator:

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
You’re right … To bad we can’t get Ottawa to support our team. I think I paid more than that for my last AHL tickets.
15th best attendance in the last 14 years despite having the 4th worst record over that period would suggest we can support our team. I think fans have supported a bottom dwelling team long enough. Time for the owner to try something different, because whatever he's been doing is not working, as is evident by being in last place in the NHL standings for another year; we're closing in on five years of the worst run team in the league. Be proud Eugene, be proud.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
You’re right … To bad we can’t get Ottawa to support our team. I think I paid more than that for my last AHL tickets.

Im not trying to get Ottawa to support the team as much as I’m trying to get people to ride the LRT and tell them to stop complaining when they are stuck on it for 45 minutes because “it’s our system and because it’s here you must enjoy it and support it”

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Im not trying to get Ottawa to support the team as much as I’m trying to get people to ride the LRT and tell them to stop complaining when they are stuck on it for 45 minutes because “it’s our system and because it’s here you must enjoy it and support it”

I don’t ride the LRT but I do help pay for it …

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Can we agree not to let another thread be derailed by half-assed bad faith arguments? There's not much to discuss on this front in the public eye right now, which is refreshing, but that shouldn't be an invite for open propaganda from the usual suspect.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Can we agree not to let another thread be derailed by half-assed bad faith arguments? There's not much to discuss on this front in the public eye right now, which is refreshing, but that shouldn't be an invite for open propaganda from the usual suspect.

This thread should be locked until the next lawsuit pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad