F Eli McKamey - Shawnigan Lake School Prep, CSSHL U15 (2027 Draft)

Rico77

Mar 30, 2024
Seen a puck preps twitter that Eli is locked to go second. Perhaps a trade in the works or he’s committing to PA.

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
Seen a puck preps twitter that Eli is locked to go second. Perhaps a trade in the works or he’s committing to PA.

Most reputable sources have stated that he is locked on to the NCAA path so I'd be surprised to see PA picking him second over-all.

Wonder if we see him in the BCHL next year as an 09?

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Sounds like he's going to fall in the draft. Have also heard he is trying to get an exemption to play in the BCHL as an underager next season.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Good swing by Victoria and hopefully Mckamey comes to his senses to play in the WHL. Should look how stagnated Mathew Wood is from going the Junior A path
I think that Wood is stagnated more from going to UConn than going Junior A. Additionally, not sure if it was smart for Wood going to the BCHL instead of going to the USHL

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
Good swing by Victoria and hopefully Mckamey comes to his senses to play in the WHL. Should look how stagnated Mathew Wood is from going the Junior A path

Victoria probably has the best chance to change his mind but it's only a 5% or less chance as he's pretty committed to the NCAA route.....probably BCHL this upcoming season (I'm sure they will let him play as an underage) then the USHL the following year.

Reactions: JotAlan

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
If he reports to the Royals I will be freaking ecstatic. That would be a dream come true for the Royals, and all of their fans, and this would be probably be the best thing to ever happen to the team, no joke. I would get to see him dozens more times before he gets drafted. Please let this happen.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
If he reports to the Royals I will be freaking ecstatic. That would be a dream come true for the Royals, and all of their fans, and this would be probably be the best thing to ever happen to the team, no joke. I would get to see him dozens more times before he gets drafted. Please let this happen.
Would love to see him in the league but if he was even 50-50 to come, someone would’ve picked him much earlier. I think the previous posters are right – it’s BCHL at 15 and then NCAA one day for him.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
I'm still holding out hope that if the CHL gets a quality agreement in place relatively soon with the NCAA that allows CHL players to play in the NCAA, then maybe McKamey plays his D-2 season with the Vees, plays his D-1 (and maybe his draft season, depending on if he accelerates his education) with the Royals, then plays in the NCAA. Gives him time to see if this Royals team can become contenders, which is possible with their prospect pool.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I'm still holding out hope that if the CHL gets a quality agreement in place relatively soon with the NCAA that allows CHL players to play in the NCAA, then maybe McKamey plays his D-2 season with the Vees, plays his D-1 (and maybe his draft season, depending on if he accelerates his education) with the Royals, then plays in the NCAA. Gives him time to see if this Royals team can become contenders, which is possible with their prospect pool.

So there's a lot of bad reporting out there on this issue, and consequently a lot of misunderstanding on this whole NCAA/CHL thing.

NHL preparing for possible CHL-NCAA rule change

"The NCAA is actively considering removing all restrictions for CHL players to play in the NCAA AFTER their CHL careers are done,"

This concerns ONLY players that have aged out of the CHL, not for draft eligible players. NCAA wants to recruit 20+ older players from the CHL into the college ranks. This potential rule change only hurts USports. It does hurt some Junior A clubs that recruit players, because a guy can just play in the WHL and go to US schools after he's done.

In your scenario with McKamey, that just wouldn't happen to jump back and forth.

I've seen people on this board repeatedly post the same wrong thing over and over (not you). The potential rule change has nothing to do with draft eligible players.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Close enough. :sarcasm:

Better than seeing him go the Steel or some other USHL team.
Roger that and like I said I'm really excited to see some good young talent in the BCHL next season.

So there's a lot of bad reporting out there on this issue, and consequently a lot of misunderstanding on this whole NCAA/CHL thing.

"The NCAA is actively considering removing all restrictions for CHL players to play in the NCAA AFTER their CHL careers are done,"

This concerns ONLY players that have aged out of the CHL, not for draft eligible players. NCAA wants to recruit 20+ older players from the CHL into the college ranks. This potential rule change only hurts USports. It does hurt some Junior A clubs that recruit players, because a guy can just play in the WHL and go to US schools after he's done.

In your scenario with McKamey, that just wouldn't happen to jump back and forth.

I've seen people on this board repeatedly post the same wrong thing over and over (not you). The potential rule change has nothing to do with draft eligible players.
Thanks I didn't know that as I've only heard what people have posted here and the whole NCAA rule thing is pretty stupid anyways but then again so are a lot of things south of the border.

Reactions: Bubbles

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria

Thanks for the clarity, I didn't realize that it was only going to be affecting 20+ year old players. That makes more sense from the NCAA perspective, even if it's unfortunate. I won't be holding my breath of seeing McKamey as a Royal, in that case.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Roger that and like I said I'm really excited to see some good young talent in the BCHL next season.

Thanks I didn't know that as I've only heard what people have posted here and the whole NCAA rule thing is pretty stupid anyways but then again so are a lot of things south of the border.

There's a lot of mixed reactions from both sides of the border about the potential decision. NCAA teams want to strengthen their teams (not necessarily developing NHL players). Having a bunch of 20+ players with tons of hockey experience would boost any college team. This totally hurts USports team that had access to those players exclusively. No idea why Hockey Canada and the CHL would accept such decision, with no obvious benefit to themselves.

And CHL players get free tuition to universities in Canada, will that change if those players end up getting scholarships to the States?

Thanks for the clarity, I didn't realize that it was only going to be affecting 20+ year old players. That makes more sense from the NCAA perspective, even if it's unfortunate. I won't be holding my breath of seeing McKamey as a Royal, in that case.

No prob. Time to catch some Grizzlies games! Bit of a surprise he didn't choose a local team but the Vees are the best team in the league.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
There's a lot of mixed reactions from both sides of the border about the potential decision. NCAA teams want to strengthen their teams (not necessarily developing NHL players). Having a bunch of 20+ players with tons of hockey experience would boost any college team. This totally hurts USports team that had access to those players exclusively. No idea why Hockey Canada and the CHL would accept such decision, with no obvious benefit to themselves.

And CHL players get free tuition to universities in Canada, will that change if those players end up getting scholarships to the States?

No prob. Time to catch some Grizzlies games! Bit of a surprise he didn't choose a local team but the Vees are the best team in the league.
Penticton has a great program and I will definitely try to get out and watch them with Zachary Nyman and Mckamey on the team.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria

Yeah, I'll be sure to catch the Vees if/when they're in town. Last season the Grizzlies only played the Vees once, and it was an away game in Penticton. Hopefully they play in Victoria at least once this year.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Penticton is obviously the big dogs in the bchl but always curious when a kid doesn't stay close to home. Imagine he'll be a BC, BU kid
Weird you were on here just a few months ago telling all of us the WHL wouldn't lose any talent to the BCHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad