F James Scantlebury - Lac St-Louis Arsenal M15, QM15AAA (2027 Draft)

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Scantlebury went 8+6 in 4 games to lead the Labor Day Prime invite in scoring. Next closest was Trevor Daley’s son with 9 pts.

BK went 3-1. Not as strong as last years National Championship squad but still will be a top 10 team.
Small sample, but 3.5ppg in the same league that Celebrini had 2.82ppg?

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Small sample, but 3.5ppg in the same league that Celebrini had 2.82ppg?
Its not a league but yes its the same level. Too tough to compare scoring as the opponents aren't direct. There are more than 100 teams that fall under the AAA loop

Reactions: JotAlan

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Once again, is far and away the highest scoring player on his team. almost double what his next closest teammate has. anyone think he can get ES?

IWillMakeTheNHL

May 13, 2023
Once again, is far and away the highest scoring player on his team. almost double what his next closest teammate has. anyone think he can get ES?
Did he even apply? No chance he gets accepted imo. I don’t think Quebec would give him ES after he left Quebec just this year and I think him going to the US indicates Ushl more.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Scantlebury came back and played the HockeyQC tournament against the M17 teams before the holidays.

He was obviously good and among the top players, but he wasn't head and shoulders above other 2009 players in Quebec to me. I think there are 3 to 5 players of his caliber in most Q drafts.

Alexis Joseph would have been a much better bet to get ES, but he doesn't seem to be interested for now.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Joseph could get ES if he wanted. Hes a step ahead of Scatlebury right now. Scantlebury played up for a few games with BK and was very average.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Shattuck crushed BK 6-0. This is one of the better teams Shattuck has put together, there are only a couple teams out there that have any chance of beating them
They are good but I dont see them winning nationals. They are too small and cant match the physical game when it counts.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Very interesting prospect to follow but whose level is very difficult to assess.He plays on weak teams and dominates his teammates but is it just an individuality in bantam hockey or more than that?The QMAAA league has restricted access to U15 players since last year. Probably, he didn't have access to this league and between playing in QBAAA or a new challenge, he made the right choice.But he will be very difficult to evaluate as long as he remains in the USA without reaching USHL. I hope to see him in QMAAA next year.

Considering Joseph will likely be eligible for the 2024 QMJHL draft, he could be the favorite to become the 2025 QMJHL No. 1 pick.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Very interesting prospect to follow but whose level is very difficult to assess.He plays on weak teams and dominates his teammates but is it just an individuality in bantam hockey or more than that?The QMAAA league has restricted access to U15 players since last year. Probably, he didn't have access to this league and between playing in QBAAA or a new challenge, he made the right choice.But he will be very difficult to evaluate as long as he remains in the USA without reaching USHL. I hope to see him in QMAAA next year.

Considering Joseph will likely be eligible for the 2024 QMJHL draft, he could be the favorite to become the 2025 QMJHL No. 1 pick.
Joseph has gone on record that he isn't applying

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Although not American, this kid is clearly the top forward of his birth year playing in the east coast of the US. Will be interesting to see what path he takes next year.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
They are good but I dont see them winning nationals. They are too small and cant match the physical game when it counts.
I think they win nationals pretty easily. Top to bottom they are the best team in the country hands down
Although not American, this kid is clearly the top forward of his birth year playing in the east coast of the US. Will be interesting to see what path he takes next year.
Pelosi is just as good if not better

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I think they win nationals pretty easily. Top to bottom they are the best team in the country hands down

Pelosi is just as good if not better
It's very complicated to evaluate players playing in the USA before USHL/USDP by stats.

Lots of guys at the top of the lists became nothing and were dropped from USDP.

Scantlebury has a proven track record in QBAAA. He is very strong. Now, it's very difficult to know who is the best player in the region.

Hedley and Kilfoil were at the top of the stats and are far from the best. Who are James Hong, Peter Reynolds, Tanner Dickinson or Killian Kiecker?

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
It's very complicated to evaluate players playing in the USA before USHL/USDP by stats.

Scantlebury has a proven track record in QBAAA. He is very strong. Now, it's very difficult to know who is the best player in the region.

Hedley and Kilfoil were at the top of the stats and are far from the best. Who are James Hong, Peter Reynolds, Tanner Dickinson or Killian Kiecker?
Ya that's always why I temper all expectations on a kid at that age, no matter how good I think they are at that point, until they're around 16-17. There's just an insane amount of development that takes place from 14-16 and there is such a shakeout that takes place. Reynolds in particular was one where I thought his development went off the rails. I remember watching Brandon Shea at 14 and thought, ok this kid really has a shot to be special and poof, he went to the Q and his development cratered

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Ya that's always why I temper all expectations on a kid at that age, no matter how good I think they are at that point, until they're around 16-17. There's just an insane amount of development that takes place from 14-16 and there is such a shakeout that takes place. Reynolds in particular was one where I thought his development went off the rails. I remember watching Brandon Shea at 14 and thought, ok this kid really has a shot to be special and poof, he went to the Q and his development cratered
Other reasons too: very uneven level of play, incomplete data

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA

You can’t stat watch but all the top players have played with and against one another for years now. Pelosi has been the best of the 09 USA group for a while now. Of course development isnt linear and kids can catch up, but right now he is the best of the bunch. Obviously when you throw Canada in the picture Joseph and Dupont are the two who could definitely get ES, and Scantlebury is probably next after them

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
You can’t stat watch but all the top players have played with and against one another for years now. Pelosi has been the best of the 09 USA group for a while now. Of course development isnt linear and kids can catch up, but right now he is the best of the bunch. Obviously when you throw Canada in the picture Joseph and Dupont are the two who could definitely get ES, and Scantlebury is probably next after them

We'll see. But I haven't seen anyone detect Cooley or Smith at U15 as n°1 in USA. Pelosi's performances in the tournaments listed on EP are not exceptional. It is more reliable to evaluate the best Canadians because we have a more precise idea of the level of the leagues. The players are not mixed into a national group. Americans, until they turn 16, we don't really know what it's worth.

Reactions: wetcoast

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
We'll see. But I haven't seen anyone detect Cooley or Smith at U15 as n°1 in USA. Pelosi's performances in the tournaments listed on EP are not exceptional. It is more reliable to evaluate the best Canadians because we have a more precise idea of the level of the leagues. The players are not mixed into a national group. Americans, until they turn 16, we don't really know what it's worth.
Lol the only 2 tournaments on there are Brick and the Quebec tournament, those were 4+ years ago for this 09 group. If you are familiar with this group you would know all the best teams do play against one another in tournaments throughout the year. They track the points of these tournaments on their websites and Pelosi is always at the top.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Lol the only 2 tournaments on there are Brick and the Quebec tournament, those were 4+ years ago for this 09 group. If you are familiar with this group you would know all the best teams do play against one another in tournaments throughout the year. They track the points of these tournaments on their websites and Pelosi is always at the top.
Since you seem to specialize in American bantam hockey, give me your list of favorites to join USDP in 2025.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Since you seem to specialize in American bantam hockey, give me your list of favorites to join USDP in 2025.
Like you said its still early but Pelosi Fitzhenry Meyer Daley Milojevic Fox Whang Sung Gutierrez Grubb Sears are some names that are solid candidates at this point

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Like you said its still early but Pelosi Fitzhenry Meyer Daley Milojevic Fox Whang Sung Gutierrez Grubb Sears are some names that are solid candidates at this point
and for 2024 ?

I'm teasing because I know from experience that everyone who has ventured to predict USDP selections has screwed up. It's impossible to know if you're not a scout.

PPG rankings in the USA mean nothing. Just look at the previous rankings. No reason why it should be any different this year.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
and for 2024 ?

I'm teasing because I know from experience that everyone who has ventured to predict USDP selections has screwed up. It's impossible to know if you're not a scout.

PPG rankings in the USA mean nothing. Just look at the previous rankings. No reason why it should be any different this year.
Ya you can't even go by the U15 camp, a couple years ago I think it was something like 8 of the top 10 scorers from the past years Select 15 camp didn't make the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad