F Petter Vesterheim - Mora IK, Allsvenskan (2023 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Somewhat surprised he doesn’t yet have a thread, he was Norways best player at the recent U20 D1A Championship where he was a large part to Norway being promoted to the top group for 2024.
He is a 2004 born late birthday so is first time eligible this year and I think some team takes a stab at him at some point in the upcoming draft. He has good wheels, a deceptive shot and puts himself in good positions to score. Might be a kid that sees himself rising up drsft boards as the season progresses.

Joka12

Apr 13, 2022
I really like him. He got his debut for the Norwegian senior NT in november as well. Hopefully he will continue getting gametime for Mora’s senior team.
I think he is the Norwegian with the best chance of getting drafted this year.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Mora's got a lot of Norwegians on there j 20 side. Michael Brandsegg-Nygard looks like he could be a legit first rounder in 2024.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
7 points in 15 games so far in Allsvenskan. Doing better than Nygård and Steen.
He really deserved to be drafted... 7 points is really good when you consider the top scorer on the team has 11. And that's as a bottom 6 center (with a bit of time on the PP). Nygard has 3 points and saw a lot of time in the top 6 and is considered as a consensus top 15-20 pick at the moment. I think Nygard has a more projectable frame and his style of game fits the NHL perfectly well but the fact that one goes undrafted and the other is a top 15 pick doesn't make much sense... and I like Nygard a lot.

Nygard has a great 2 way game, smart, can take decisions quickly, can forecheck like a beast and really shoot it. Vesterheim is insanely smart, amazing defense, works hard, smooth with the puck, great on faceoffs and isn't weak by any means.

I hope a team drafts them both together.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
His Mora teammate Solberg is rightfully getting most of the attention when it comes to the 2024 NHL Draft.

Vesterheim is also playing for Norway at the World Championships.

Any chance an NHL team takes a later round flier on him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad