Favourite kinds of sushi?

ElfanuReinhard*

What are your favourite sushi types people? Note only traditional sushi allowed, so that means no California Rolls or any type of Makizushi (Where the rice is on the outside instead of inside) for that matter.

For myself personally enjoy Uni (Sea Urchin) a lot, as well as Salmon, Maguro (Tuna), and Ahi (Yellowfin Tuna). Prefer them to be Nigiri instead of Maki, because I like the extra taste of fish rather than just simply rice and seaweed.

I'm going to have high quality sushi with Olle Klingberg (If he decides to come to TO) and a bunch of other Japanese and Swedish friends during the World Cup of Hockey.

JA

What are your favourite sushi types people? Note only traditional sushi allowed, so that means no California Rolls or any type of Makizushi (Where the rice is on the outside instead of inside) for that matter.

For myself personally enjoy Uni (Sea Urchin) a lot, as well as Salmon, Maguro (Tuna), and Ahi (Yellowfin Tuna). Prefer them to be Nigiri instead of Maki, because I like the extra taste of fish rather than just simply rice and seaweed.

I'm going to have high quality sushi with Olle Klingberg (If he decides to come to TO) and a bunch of other Japanese and Swedish friends during the World Cup of Hockey.
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111026185542AAfzHLa
What is the best kind of sushi?

Best Answer: California Rolls! I'm a picky eater and get weirded out by textures and stuff and I loove these. Try it and ask someone to teach you how to use chopsticks. It's fun and makes the experience so much better.

includes rice
seaweed
avocado
crab/fish
nothing raw in it

Enjoy :)
The best kinds of sushi:

California roll, alaska roll, philadelphia roll, dynamite roll, spider roll, B.C. roll . . .

The best place to eat sushi:

All-You-Can-Eat Asian Buffet.

How to eat sushi:

Knife and fork. Soak the roll in soy sauce, smear on some wasabi, top it with ginger.

Alternate method: Mash it up.

Also, best table etiquette is to have four forks -- one in your hand, three spares on a napkin.

ElfanuReinhard*

Well I'm used to raw fish so I prefer my nigiri sushi haha. It's fine if you prefer the Westernized ones, they do taste good, but they aren't authentic lol.

JA

Well I'm used to raw fish so I prefer my nigiri sushi haha. It's fine if you prefer the Westernized ones, they do taste good, but they aren't authentic lol.
Forget the fish. Hot dogs are the way to go.

121850275.3fDzYnL8.jpg

Now that's a taste of good ol' America.

JA

Brendan Dillon is a self-professed sushi connoisseur. His favorite is the dynamite roll.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-stars/starsheadlines/2013/10/19/dallas-stars-defenseman-brenden-dillon-dishes-on-why-he-s-nicknamed-zeus-his-love-for-sushi-and-more
Brenden Dillon has been quite the story in going from undrafted to contributing for the Dallas Stars, but when NHL.com caught up with him it was more about his off-ice passions, from playing the guitar to cheering on his beach volleyball playing sister.

He also talked about how he earned the nickname Zeus when he was playing in the AHL.

"The guys give it to me pretty good," Dillon said. "I try to work out hard in the summer and eat healthy. I had my shirt off one day walking through the locker room and next thing you know, they were calling me Zeus from the movie "Hercules."

Dillon also said he was a bit of a sushi connoisseur with a particular affection for the Dynamite roll.

Chris Hagen*

Vegetable, avocado, avocado and cucumber, yam tempura. Pretty much anything that isn't a dead animal!

ElfanuReinhard*

Dynamite roll is not traditional. DJ Amadio the trainer for the Nashville Predators told me he is a big fan of Uni Sushi, Mattias Ekholm, Roman Josi are fans of Teppanyaki sushi as well from what I know from the trainers haha.

JA

Dynamite roll is not traditional. DJ Amadio the trainer for the Nashville Predators told me he is a big fan of Uni Sushi, Mattias Ekholm, Roman Josi are fans of Teppanyaki sushi as well from what I know from the trainers haha.
Of course the dynamite roll is traditional. Philip Chiang, co-founder of P.F. Chang's, grew up in Tokyo, Japan, and he has some fond memories of eating sushi as a snack after school. You can hear him say all of this in the following video as he gives us a tutorial of how to make authentic dynamite rolls.

He wishes to share this classic delicacy with foreigners across the world, which is why he co-founded this great establishment of authentic Asian cuisine, P.F. Chang's. He wouldn't make it if it wasn't representative of his cultural heritage.

This cream cheese, shrimp tempura, and spicy mayonnaise dish dates back to a time long ago.

JA

Vegetable, avocado, avocado and cucumber, yam tempura. Pretty much anything that isn't a dead animal!
At least you realized that sushi doesn't have to be non-vegetarian.
You are correct!

Here, a woman enjoys the Japanese delicacy of perfectly prepared cucumber rolls. One must remember that, in order to make an authentic cucumber roll, it is crucial to slice the cucumber ever so delicately to create the perfect cylinder. If you cut them the wrong way, they are no longer rolls. Do not cut them too thin or they become slices, which is another dish.

sliced%20cucumber.jpg.838x0_q67_crop-smart.jpg

You can also serve this specifically Japanese dish of cucumber slices. The following tutorial shows how a real Japanese chef would prepare this dish, having spent years mastering the strokes.

Perfect sushi of the vegetable variety. Westerners have mastered the art of combining various vegetable sushis together into one dish. It is called salad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Any rolls with cream cheese I love. Also unagi/eel. Not sure if I've ever had them together. Hmm..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad