Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
They're not children. They'll get over it.

They're adults and they understand that they won four playoff games and 17 of 19 with that guy in the lineup. They aren't idiots.

So the exact same argument they’ve made about Ryan Reaves

Brian Boyle said it's a thing an he played almost 900 games in the NHL. I'll take his view over yours any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Chytil is by all accounts a popular player. So is Rempe. We seem to have a pretty tight group with a lot of veteran leadership. Hard for me to believe the bonds are so fragile that swapping Rempe for Chytil would cause any fractures. These guys are pros who all want desperately to win a Cup. They want whatever gives them the best chance of that.

I have a lot of faith that this coaching staff will make the right move. If it's Chytil, great, if it's Rempe, great. I have zero concern over how the players would receive it either way.

Agreed. If Gallant was still the coach, I'd question things.

But we have a competant adult as our coach currently.

NHL players aren't known to be scholars.

Most sports fans are, objectively, dumbf***s.

What's your point?

Reactions: JCProdigy

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Wilson dummied Fox and Rempe didn't do anything.

I like having Rempe in the lineup for the most part but the deterrence argument is dumb, like always.

Alright let's relax with the drama. He "dummied" Fox? He gave him a bear hug and a noogie. I've seen worse on middle school playgrounds. Please.

Firstly, if you're not a believer in deterrence I don't know what to tell you. No one is afraid of having to fight Rempe because they could just decline that proposition. They're afraid of getting put through the boards on a clean hit. Hes shown the willingness to make questionable hits even if that results in a penalty if the net reward is killing someone.

Most importantly, and this is the highlighting point, they know that when he's on the ice, they have to move the puck immediately. That results in turnovers, misplays and bad passes. Rempes speed in combination with his size and willingness to knock people into the gilded age is what has the most impact on a game.

None of this accounts for the solar eclipse that he causes in the offensive zone when he parks himself in front of the goalie.

The deterrence argument isn't dumb. It's 100% a thing. If you're thinking about it just in terms of fighting, you're not able to dissect the details of the game enough. But then again 90% of hardcore hockey fans aren't able to to that either. No one would fault you.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
So the exact same argument they’ve made about Ryan Reaves

Who's they? Idiots?

Ryan reaves on his best day didn't have the speed that Rempe does on the forecheck.

I'm not a Rempe homer; he's got plenty to work on. By all accounts this is going to be a long series. A lot of the work can be done in games 1-3 by way of wearing down the other team via putting them thru the boards. I would be open to Rempe sitting later on in the series after his body of work has been imposed on the other team.

If he's not in the lineup early in the series, the Rangers are wrong.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
The deterrence argument isn't dumb. It's 100% a thing. If you're thinking about it just in terms of fighting, you're not able to dissect the details of the game enough. But then again 90% of hardcore hockey fans aren't able to to that either. No one would fault you.

Exactly. It's not just about "derrrr fighting / tuffness" - there's a lot to it in the room and on the ice.

Just look at the galvanizing moment where Rempe knew he had to fight and all four of his line mates decided that they weren't going to let him do that alone.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Agreed. If Gallant was still the coach, I'd question things.

But we have a competant adult as our coach currently.

Most sports fans are, objectively, dumbf***s.

What's your point?

My point is if Boyle said something about hockey strategy I'd listen but I trust most fans on HF more in regards to statistics way more. I'm not talking about the idiots in the MSG commercials. But HF actually has intelligent people. If you think that the Rangers being 17-2 with Rempe is BECAUSE of Rempe, I don't care who you are your opinion is dumb.

Reactions: Vaheh

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
My point is if Boyle said something about hockey strategy I'd listen but I trust most fans on HF more in regards to statistics way more. I'm not talking about the idiots in the MSG commercials. But HF actually has intelligent people. If you think that the Rangers being 17-2 with Rempe is BECAUSE of Rempe, I don't care who you are your opinion is dumb.

Nobody said it's BECAUSE of Rempe, only that taking him out of the lineup with a record like that for a guy that isn't played since early November makes little sense until they LOSE.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

I'd like you to cite who has said that this is because of Rempe.

I'll wait for that, too.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Nobody said it's BECAUSE of Rempe, only that taking him out of the lineup with a record like that for a guy that isn't played since early November makes little sense until they LOSE.

It's far easier to just make shit up, though.

NYC is full of professionals where people got their training in fields that are more related to statistics than sports.

NYC is also full of f***ing morons who think they know far more than they actually do.

What's your point?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
For the record, I am agnostic on Rempe staying in or not. He's fun and I like the kid, but if the team feels they can do better without him, do what's better for the team.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's far easier to just make shit up, though.

NYC is also full of f***ing morons who think they know far more than they actually do.

What's your point?

1) And the NHL is not full of morons?

2) I was also referring to SA specifically. I think he can be a bit cocky but I've posted on this board for over a decade and he clearly knows his shit.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
1) And the NHL is not full of morons?

2) I was also referring to SA specifically. I think he can be a bit cocky but I've posted on this board for over a decade and he clearly knows his shit.

Dude, come on. You're making random anecdotal statements that mean essentially nothing.

I also have no clue about SA's history nor do I care. No clue what he does. No clue what his background is. He's an excellent poster on a message board to me. Why should I care any more than that? How could I ever vet anything you're claiming?

The idea that NYC has more people that know how to use Excel than other states is just not something I think matters (not that you could ever even attempt to substantiate such a claim, anyway).

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Not a great message to send to a team that won four in a row and is something like a ridiculous 17-2 with him in the lineup. Not sure how that goes over in the room or with the player for a guy that hasn't played a competitive hockey game since early November.
The room wants Chytil back.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Oh, so you think you're the equivalent of Brian Boyle and know the team as well as he does.

Even more delusional, but OK, then.
I don’t give a shit what Brian Boyle says.

No one on here has any clue what the room will do.

Players want to win and Chytil is the better player. Anything else is speculation and should be labeled as such.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I don’t give a shit what Brian Boyle says.

No one on here has any clue what the room will do.

Players want to win and Chytil is the better player. Anything else is speculation and should be labeled as such.

The idea that Brian Boyle, who has a number of friends on the team, has done work for MSG, and works for the Post with Larry Brooks, knows as little as you do about the locker room is . . .

Probably one of the most stupidly arrogant things I've read on this board in a while.

Congrats on that one. I love it when people post stuff like this. It just shows you who is not a serious individual.

How's Kakko's Selke candidacy looking?

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
The idea that Brian Boyle, who has a number of friends on the team, has done work for MSG, and works for the Post with Larry Brooks, knows as little as you do about the locker room is . . .

Probably one of the most stupidly arrogant things I've read on this board in a while.

Congrats on that one. I love it when people post stuff like this. It just shows you who is not a serious individual.

How's Kakko's Selke candidacy looking?

Well you are the king of arrogant on this board and kind of a bully.

So I’ll take all this as a compliment.

“The room” is a stupid argument for not putting in Chytil. There might be many very good reasons not to put in Chytil but “the room,” isn’t one of them. Sorry Brian Boyle.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Well you are the king of arrogant on this board and kind of a bully.

So I’ll take all this as a compliment.

“The room” is a stupid argument for not putting in Chytil. Sorry Brian Boyle.

Wake me when you ever have a source or citation for anything you say.

And if you feel "bullied," it's on you. I don't do this to people who actually source things. So be mad at yourself. Let this be a "stop hitting yourself" learning experience for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad