Confirmed with Link: FLA acquires Giroux, Bunnaman, Rubtsov and 5th rounder ('24) from PHI, in exchange for Tippett, 1st rounder ('24, top10 protec.) and 3rd rounder ('23)

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Colorado has plenty of cap space next year. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Giroux's thinking was force his way with us and then plan to sign with Colorado.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Colorado has plenty of cap space next year. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Giroux's thinking was force his way with us and then plan to sign with Colorado.

Colorado will have ” a lot” of cap space because they will be losing their entire 2nd line.

For Florida Girouxs value will complitely be determined in these playoffs, the sole reason they brought him in.
I bet he’ll be highly motivated

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Colorado will have ” a lot” of cap space because they will be losing their entire 2nd line.

For Florida Girouxs value will complitely be determined in these playoffs, the sole reason they brought him in.
I bet he’ll be highly motivated
We aren't keeping Giroux. It's just not in the cards. Our October lineup is gonna be something like this:

Verhaeghe - Barkov - Denisenko/Mamin
Huberdeau - Bennett - Duclair
Mamin/Heponiemi - Lundell - Reinhart
Lomberg - Luostarinen - Hornqvist/Heponiemi

Weegar - Ekblad
Forsling - Montour
Carlsson - Gudas

Reactions: austropanther

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
We aren't keeping Giroux. It's just not in the cards. Our October lineup is gonna be something like this:

Weegar - Ekblad
Forsling - Montour
Carlsson - Gudas
Marchment is not going anywhere, someone else will.

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Marchment is not going anywhere, someone else will.
Most likely Horny, in some fashion(trade, buyout, etc), but I still think someone will throw enough money at Marchment that it just can't be done...but I also thought getting Giroux was a pipedream, sooooo.:dunno:

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida

Weegar - Ekblad
Forsling - Montour
Carlsson - Gudas

Please don’t take this as an attack, I’m not picking on you, but it’s always funny to me when people pencil Denisenko into mock line ups (I get that you have a / there) when he has accomplished absolutely nothing whenever he gets called up. He’s not an NHL regular and likely never will be, let alone a first line wing

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

Weegar - Ekblad
Forsling - Montour
Carlsson - Gudas
I think if we win we will get another 30 something year old on a discount. Gio?

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I'm not worried about next year right now, but I do think it's obvious the team won't be as good especially at scoring goals. That's just how it is in a cap world. We have the best chance in franchise history to win a cup NOW.
you can be sure zito has drawn up some plans already but they will certainly be influenced by how this lineup does in the playoffs. if they do well, i'd imagine, he'll try to keep guys or replace with similar players. if not, we may see a subtle shift.

the team may be different next year but that doesn't mean this is best chance to win a cup.

with the stacked offense, it probably was the best chance to win a president's trophy, though. and we got that!

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
you can be sure zito has drawn up some plans already but they will certainly be influenced by how this lineup does in the playoffs. if they do well, i'd imagine, he'll try to keep guys or replace with similar players. if not, we may see a subtle shift.

the team may be different next year but that doesn't mean this is best chance to win a cup.

with the stacked offense, it probably was the best chance to win a president's trophy, though. and we got that!
Different how, there is no money or assets to play with, we are loosing Giroux and Chiarot and maybe another player, I would thinknthey will make a move to keep Marchment over anything else.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Everyone has us losing G and losing Chia and “unless X is done” losing Marchy…

Okay: you’re selling, I ain’t buying. Because it’s Zito we’re talking about here. We weren’t supposed to be in the running for G but here he is. Zito’s earned a bit of benefit of doubt at this point. I’m for one giving it to him.

Z magic man.

• Love
Reactions: BabyBennettov

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Everyone has us losing G and losing Chia and “unless X is done” losing Marchy…

Okay: you’re selling, I ain’t buying. Because it’s Zito we’re talking about here. We weren’t supposed to be in the running for G but here he is. Zito’s earned a bit of benefit of doubt at this point. I’m for one giving it to him.

Z magic man.
Which one of the 2 are more affordable G or Marchment? I see marchment to be the obvious choice.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Which one of the 2 are more affordable G or Marchment? I see marchment to be the obvious choice.
I don’t know how it’ll go. I said I trust Zito. I’m not the GM, don’t ask me how to make it all work. But just because someone here can’t come up with something doesn’t mean Zito doesn’t have a good plan…that’s my only point.

Reactions: zeroG and Chaos2k7

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY

That's messed up

8ka0mtxszya61.jpg

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
There's 3 types of people in this world; those who liked the trade, those who have come to like the trade, and then morons like chuck fletcher who simultaneously manage to destroy a franchise and made the trade happen

Reactions: violaswallet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad